Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Multitasking: myth

Multitasking: myth
April 04, 2014, 08:36:27 PM
I haven't checked up after any self-proclaimed multitasker and failed to find all tasks only partially brought to completion and in each case the ball was dropped. Well, you say, they're multitasking you derp!

No, they're rationalizing their inability to follow through and bring anything to completion without leaning on someone else to finish which is the cause of unnecessary added labor. At some stage before the end phase, they get bored, inattentive, impatient and more interested in the next thing.

Work: all sweet dessert but no less yummy supper in the world of the multitasker.

Re: Multitasking: myth
April 05, 2014, 01:52:37 AM
About 2.5% of the population are actually capable of multi-tasking. (supertaskers)

April 05, 2014, 02:14:44 AM
A woman accused me, and every other man, of not being able to multitask.
"Yes," I said. "You are right. Men do things properly."

April 06, 2014, 11:15:44 AM
Proof that men can multitask:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5EeFDvc8iA

April 08, 2014, 10:04:46 PM
there's only one task: living.

April 09, 2014, 06:54:30 PM
No, they're rationalizing their inability to follow through and bring anything to completion without leaning on someone else to finish which is the cause of unnecessary added labor. At some stage before the end phase, they get bored, inattentive, impatient and more interested in the next thing.

Multitasking doesn't really exist, anyway. I once watched a show about the "science" of driving (whatever that means), and in it, there was a segment about texting and driving. Someone said that there really isn't a way to text and drive. You're either doing one or the other; so when you're texting, you aren't really driving, and vice-versa.

In my experience, people who are interested in multiple subjects/hobbies/pasttimes, etc., are usually only interested in those things to appear interesting.

April 09, 2014, 10:41:28 PM
It comes down to the physics of time and space which can be conceived of using a pie graph as a given segment in time. The whole graph can be composed of one task or slices of many. But it only allows for one hundred percent completion of the graph overall only once not conveniently chopped into multiple hundred percent portions as befits the myth makers.

April 09, 2014, 10:52:02 PM
"Life is a pie-chart".
Wouldn't that be a great quote? What if, say, Plato had said that? Wow. The mind boggles.