Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

If you want it done right...

If you want it done right...
April 07, 2014, 06:15:02 AM
"If you want it done right, you've got to do it yourself." 

How's that for a cliche? Everyone knows it. Sooner or later, everyone repeats it.
I say "repeats", because whoever it was that originally said it, was the first one to say it.
And you can bet it was someone who had a clue of what it meant, and why he was saying it.
This would suggest he knew something that others didn't, which is why he was the first to say it.

People often seem to think they could do a better job than whoever is currently doing that job.
But usually, they see a job, as opposed to setting up the situation, from scratch, that resulted in there being a job.
I hear it all the time. It can relate to almost anything. A pulp mill. The phone. Cable TV. The power utility. The government. The highways. The ferries.

People often seem to think things just appeared, and all that is required is for someone to come in and run them.
But no business is ever set up to run at a loss, merely to provide a dissatisfied public with a service.
A business is set up to make money. As much as possible. Nobody sets up a business to serve others at a loss to the one setting it up. 

But if a business is too successful, people start hating it because it is unfair. I mean, why should anyone pay money to anyone for anything, if those anyones really 'don't need the money'?

What is the point of this story?

That anyone can say anything, but the same words uttered by each person uttering them, can mean something completely different. It all depends on motivation and perspective. Which in turn depends upon whether or not someone feels like they are being taken advantage of by losers, or if one feels as if they are being taken advantage of by fat-cats.

I used to hire losers to do laboring jobs around my home, because they had asked if I had work for them, and because they were losers. After paying them and then having to redo all the work myself, I would utter the illustrated cliche.

Meanwhile, the losers plot to overthrow anyone who can afford to pay losers, because if losers want to have what the non-losers have, they can't rely on government to do the right thing, and guillotine the non-losers and steal their stuff, but instead have to do it themselves.

This story has been brought to you by Super Toxic Brand Pointless Fables Inc.
"You'll know the difference when you read it!"

Re: If you want it done right...
April 07, 2014, 09:49:33 AM
The expenditure of doing things right is making those who cannot do it right, or choose not to out of indolence angry. Because they cannot or will not uplift themselves from the mire, they hate others who demonstrably do. But because that group is amoral, they can only think for themselves (in this regard). They cannot be expected to uphold anything, which is why the inversion of the punitive/victim dichotomy that is a la mode in all varieties of marxism's applications is so congenial to them. If you can't be moral, change the meaning of moral!

Re: If you want it done right...
April 07, 2014, 11:48:03 AM
It all stems from the inability to even 'get' when somebody is doing something right, and how this can be so.

Losers tend to think, that they would be able to do absolutely everything, if it wasn't that life had dealt them such a bad hand.

People doing something right are the ones who have transcended loser-like thinking, however. They realize that they have limitations, and are thus able to work within the limits of their own ability.

Being stuck in their own ways, the losers cannot see this vital ingredient in doing right: To accept the reality of what you can and cannot do. They think that everybody is at heart a loser like they are, and that those doing right are just 'lucky'.

The losers cherish the thought that they are hypothetically able to everything in general - and by this they excuse the fact, that they never seem to able to do anything specifically.