Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Life points

Life points
April 08, 2014, 12:27:02 AM
Here's something I thought up. Life points.

You get awarded 5 years worth of life points by the time you're 18. Your life points decrease by day. When they're zero, you get executed.

Contributions to society award you life points. There's plenty of ways you can be awarded life points. The life points awarded vary depending on the contribution.

Different jobs award you different amounts of life points for example(A scientist gets more than a janitor... etc).

You need life points to do certain things. You need to have a certain amount of life points to procreate for example, among many other things.

Crimes decrease your life points depending on their severity.

There's a lot of extra details but this gets the point(hehe) across. This creates a lot of incentive to be useful(be useful or die), the useful live, the useless die.

Re: Life points
April 08, 2014, 12:39:58 AM
Good post. For your sterling effort, you get 2 points.

April 08, 2014, 02:47:00 AM
Hey man, someone needs to clean the sewers and good sanitary conditions are just as important if not more so for society. I'm not a janitor. But I suppose from a certain point I do spend a significant portion of my work day cleaning up after other people's shit.

April 08, 2014, 04:16:38 AM
With the urgency this model instills in people, a lot of the fat of society will be cut. City design would be more compact, so there would be less need of janitors. Overall, each has his role, each is important to some degree.

Also, this system wouldn't be static. If more of a need arises for X, and there's less of a need for Y, more points would be awarded for X and less for Y.

April 08, 2014, 01:07:12 PM
Where your model might need less janitors, grave diggers will be in high demand. Cheers.

NHA

April 08, 2014, 09:08:14 PM
Ever heard of something called a dollar? I think i had one once, but i traded it for bubblegum; now i'm homeless.

April 08, 2014, 10:00:42 PM
how can you kill someone that can't be used? He always remains intact.