Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

On being 'human'.

On being 'human'.
April 08, 2014, 06:46:53 PM
I lay in the bathtub and drifted.
Happiness, for me, lies in pulling the plug on active thought. I eliminate all the straight lines and right-angles, and leave the diffuse, the luminous, the indistinct forms.

It is impossible to really define what a human is, because we are not actually human.
We do not, and can not, know this thing we inhabit.
We can, however, with great diligence, discover what we really are.
And if we succeed in that, we can know we are not human at all.

The potential for consciousness exists within each human.
It remains unconscious as long as it is ignorant of its existence.
If, and when, it becomes aware of itself, it becomes clear that it is not the form it inhabits.
That form is a vehicle for its physical manifestation.

It was a particularly pleasant bath. I felt calm again, could breathe again, and feel content again.
My wife visited, during the event, and asked if anything was wrong. She said I seemed 'different'.
I was, I said. Very. And no, nothing was wrong.

Re: On being 'human'.
April 08, 2014, 10:03:32 PM
being human is just a cross road. If you arrived at this point, you can choose a direction to go. Gotta choose it wisely. not to choose is still a choice.

April 08, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
One who has realized that ego is an illusion can forget himself completely, with no fear of dying. Forgetting himself, he can become everything. Becoming everything, he ceases to be anything. He may have once known what it was like to be human, but it seems like a long faded dream.

April 08, 2014, 11:29:55 PM
Yes! Well observed. That is how it is.
That fear of dying reaches its apex in the instant before enlightenment.
One gladly accepts it, with all its unknown consequences, and passes through, or one panics, and lands back in normality, with a bump.

Like a dream, where one seems to miss one's step, and trips. One wakes, with an unpleasant jolt, without discovering where that missed step would have led.

April 09, 2014, 12:11:43 AM
It is strange that humans fear death.

Death is inevitable. We cannot know anything about it's true nature. Not before it is too late to matter what we know and what we don't.

It'll come to us all.
No one knows exactly when.
It'll be like that, whether we accept it or not.

If we cannot accept it, then we have nothing but the eternally unacceptable to look forward to.

Wiser to accept it. Then it won't really matter. Until it does.

April 09, 2014, 12:34:50 AM
The enlightenment experience is a preview of a death well-met. What else could it be?
The release of soul, from the body. If one has a soul, of course.
A bad death rejects Reality, and thus does not transcend.
Heaven and Hell?
Everyone gets to choose. Few understand that they can.