Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Domain' of Man

The 'Domain' of Man
April 16, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
There is a tendency to glorify unimportant things, else conflating the superficial aspects of a meaningful scenario with the afflatus. The domain of man is constrained to the definitions, referents, and bases for his self-sourced way of relating to life.

The problem here? The 'self-sourced' way of relating to life only developed in the aeons of history and academicization of time. To this day, the base of our thinking has been shaped according to the amount of dust accumulating on our holy books, whether they be Kant, The Bible, or otherwise.

We have accrued an exceptional amount of data- yet it testifies not to our knowledge, but our ignorance. The more relativised each successive collection of thinkers becomes, the further we drift from what made any of this possible in the first place- a connection to what made us human, and even further, animals, and even further, alive. Progress means moving away from something. Best we check what our wellspring is, before deciding to leave it.

We have walked a long road, a road which has become ever the more bright, clear, and easily traversed. Yet- this has only come at the cost of having a road to find. When you are smack dab in the middle of a cluttered undergrowth, any direction is 'the right way'.

The domain of man, has become removed from everything but itself. It is, autistic. 'Scholasticism' is not strong enough a word.

Re: The 'Domain' of Man
April 16, 2014, 09:14:10 PM
I've always thought the term "progressive" was a complete inversion of what it actually is.
I have no idea what caused so many people to become so completely inverted.
Probably I was elsewhere, when it happened, as I was for many years, trying to escape the lunacy that preceded the full-scale inversion. On the run from something I have never been able to understand.
The thing about escaping, though, is that once you've done it, you can never go back.
Ever.

April 16, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
Anyone can tell how I feel about this thread from my posting history so I'll spare the repetition and say simply:

The "scholasticism" of art is unfortunate. While I enjoy the perspectives of others on it, nothing is more gay to me than a "black metal symposium." Could you imagine anything less black metal than a bunch of uptight dorks sitting in an air conditioned room (not even sipping brandy, fags) analyzing the Norwegian scene(because that's the only one that anyone seems to know/care about).

Ugh classical is even worse. If I see another non-german speaker use "fantastiche" to a Schubert song, I'm going to step on my own testicles. 

April 16, 2014, 10:18:37 PM
Anyone can tell how I feel about this thread from my posting history so I'll spare the repetition and say simply:

The "scholasticism" of art is unfortunate. While I enjoy the perspectives of others on it, nothing is more gay to me than a "black metal symposium." Could you imagine anything less black metal than a bunch of uptight dorks sitting in an air conditioned room (not even sipping brandy, fags) analyzing the Norwegian scene(because that's the only one that anyone seems to know/care about).

Ugh classical is even worse. If I see another non-german speaker use "fantastiche" to a Schubert song, I'm going to step on my own testicles.

As Goethe says, "One must BE something in order to DO something."

Unfortunately, these academics reveal exactly what they aren't... Their subject material. They just pick it apart, and enjoy it on the side. What kind of legalized dishonesty is this? Of course, I think we should welcome honest analysis- This website's existence and core beliefs/philosophies are a testament to this.

People rarely operate on a level relevant to life anymore. They just blithely dance around on a canvas- the art of a failed artist, painting poor souls meant to legitimize his failed work! This also sums up the postmodern ethos I would think.

April 16, 2014, 11:21:44 PM

Where did you see that being used? The unnecessary use of german language seems to be a thing among liberal intellectuals here. In any case I'm all for stepping on others' testicles.