Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Municipal Wastes first album

Municipal Wastes first album
April 25, 2014, 04:36:51 PM
Is anyone else here a fan of Waste Em All? I think it's a pretty solid thrash album, and it has it's own voice rather than being a DRI clone. Municipal Waste of course ended up a silly speed metal/rock party band but their first album is an excellent thrash record and worth a listen.

Re: Municipal Wastes first album
April 26, 2014, 03:18:23 AM
Yeah man. I actually like their first three. Preference towards the first two. Say what you want about the band. They write tight and MEMORABLE fucking songs. Which is more than can be said about modern cross over / thrash. More than can be said about Birth AD's debut (I like the EP). Word of caution, everything after Art of Partying has been AWFUL.

May 02, 2014, 07:47:16 AM
I thought Hazardous Mutation and Art of Partying were pretty solid speed metal albums for putting on during parties, while driving and what not, but Waste Em All was a truly unique thrash record that deserves to be placed next to Dealing With It in any punk/metalheads record collection.

I'd say Birth AD has Waste Em All beat though. Birth ADs material is kind of uneven however.

May 05, 2014, 03:38:03 AM
Bought it on vinyl years ago at a crust punk show.  It is a fun and solid album.

May 05, 2014, 03:48:44 PM
Hmmmm......

I've never viewed the first album in that light. Perhaps it is worth a revist.

It's kind of the spotty quality that keeps the Birth AD debut from being great. Sure the EP songs sound much improved and new songs like Burn LA, but a good chunk is filler.

May 07, 2014, 02:17:38 AM
This is a funny troll post...hahahahha

May 07, 2014, 05:15:07 AM
This is a funny troll post...hahahahha
So I take it you disagree with me that Waste Em All is a solid thrash album? Because this is no troll post.

May 08, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
I'm not too well versed with thrash or punk and I only really listened to this just recently because of this thread, but yeah it sounds alright, easily up there with DRI as far as I can tell. (So thanks).