Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Staying up late

Staying up late
May 09, 2014, 12:40:23 AM
It used to be that the world seemed to slow down at night, just enough, for me to collect my thoughts. But now itís all quite different and hopefully for the better; getting up with the first ray of sun and the song of the birds is a bliss that was always there but all too often left unnoticed.

(or maybe Iím just getting older?). 

Anyway, I imagine youíve all been there, visiting the deepest darkest depths of the night, finding yourself, or perhaps just finding yourself at a computer screen yet again. What time is it now even as you contemplate this question?

Re: Staying up late
May 09, 2014, 12:49:01 AM
5:48 pm. and I am half asleep, even though it won't be my bedtime for another seven or eight hours.
Once in a while, though, I get up ridiculously early, around 4:30, and catch the sunrise, or rain-rise, and get to know the birds again. Different times, different birds. A few mice on the feeders. Sometimes a squirrel or raccoon.

May 09, 2014, 03:27:22 AM
Each morning is golden sun, green hills, song birds chorus, chunky bees abuzz, wind in the trees and maybe a friendly visit from a stray cat. I've seen worse times.

May 09, 2014, 11:36:29 PM
Allow me to divert this more toward insomniac hallucinations and wanderings.

I've been sleeping out of walls for over half a year now. The city may greatly disgust me and keep me walking away from it for as long as it takes to find rest. Through these times I recieve a great energy of vitality and thought. I find myself thinking from one experience, delving into a metaphor, and observing a translation into another experience. I used to erratically ramble poetically though I have learned to be quiet around walls.

Eventually the sun rises and I am filled with warmth and a greater vitality. Morning boners must be instinctually genetic. As for the hallucinations, I may be thinking of the love of a woman and turn my head to catch a glimpse of a womanly form through trees. Acacias and olive trees are prone to catch my sight. The most prevalent hallucination seems to be an altered equillibrium, an odd shifting of weight that seems to follow my head's tilt and is the source of euphoria that makes my mind exodus worthwhile.

I am reminded of the first pages of Thus Spake Zarathustra in which Neitzsche describes a wandering priest in the woods speaking simile to the Nature surrounding him.

May 10, 2014, 10:05:37 AM
I've always fancied the night as home to a thousand dawns: there are so many suns to catch your eye when our gloating one does not steal the show. Corny, but there.

May 11, 2014, 08:57:00 AM
3:55 a.m.

The night is beautiful and it is necessary for the contemplation of things at this point in my life. I think I shall now leave this forum and rejoin it.

May 11, 2014, 06:31:47 PM
That should win a prize for the most lateral comment ever written :)