Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal has a serious brat problem

Metal has a serious brat problem
May 10, 2014, 04:30:32 PM
By brats, I mean spoiled people who are also demanding and yet basically alienated from anything.

I can't help but tie this into the multigenerational impact of 1968 and its war on the family.

A lot of it also has to do with the hopelessness in metal because quality is so low, the lack of intelligent people because they've been driven out by the shit music, and the attitudes these people inherit from "entertainment culture" as a whole.

The intertard may have played a role, probably not a central one, but having everything be easy makes anything that's conceptually hard very distant for these people.

But they're brats. Fucking brats. Behave like fat-cheeked like useless twits of children do, but when they're FOUR. Thirteen to twenty years later, how do these people justify their behavior?

My answer is that they don't. They have no hope of anything. They don't understand their music. It doesn't fulfill them. But they keep trying. To have something. Because the other option is having nothing, which requires admitting the nothingness.

They'd rather do anything than that.

Re: Metal has a serious brat problem
May 11, 2014, 08:53:55 AM
Society is a brat problem. I like that article about how the world is still in high school, I've found that it is correct, nothing has changed since high school really, except for my penchant for getting away with pranks and not paying attention to things authorities are saying.

This applies to all other metal forums except for this one I think, notice the swarm of threatened contrarians every time this site is mentioned elsewhere.

I think even if one were to write a greater album that Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, it would be ignored by most of them and hidden to those who might actually understand such a thing.

I'm not going to quit writing Black metal though. Though one needs to work smart as well as hard.