Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Antidote to Christianity

Re: Antidote to Christianity
May 10, 2014, 05:43:59 PM
Traditional Christianity is an expression of the perennial philosophy - see the ambigua of St. Maximos of Constantinople and the various theological treatises of St. Dionysius the Areopagite. It's not Christianity's fault that most people on this forum read Havohej lyrics more so than they read history and literature. Of course, if you aim for the good outside of Christianity, than by all means carry on.

May 10, 2014, 05:57:36 PM
The Bible has much to do with two points, the fall of kings due naturally to their rule; Jesus tells Simon Peter to fetch a coin from a fishes mouth at the lake to feed the thousands, and the fact that no Jew loves Caesar. And the natural struggle of man among the flesh; a bunch of Jews find fire and water from a bush and rock in the desert.

Most people are caught only in the midst of empirical reasoning and to translate phiosophy from the Bible to these people in our modern age has become grossly impossible.

May 10, 2014, 07:44:55 PM
Where is this traditional Christianity? Oh that's right, way back in the 15th Century. I'd say people are ready for a change, including a fresh start. Turn the other cheekianity and we're all the sameianity always rubbed me the wrong way anyhow. Besides, I don't have Semitic ancestry so I have no business adopting one of their religious heresies as my own. That smacks of Angelina Jolie which also rubs me the wrong way.

May 10, 2014, 08:40:03 PM
The Faith is Europe and Europe is the Faith.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/8442/pg8442.html

When your bickering over misinterpretations and celebrities constructs an edifice of comparable magnificence, I'll lend an ear. Until then, I trust what has worked.

May 11, 2014, 12:48:37 AM
I'd be convinced that something about it is working that can't be attributed to the conscientiousness and will - the sort on occasion found among any people in the world - the folk instead. I wouldn't claim Islam is working either, but I would say Muslims are today and were working out as various heathen folk in antiquity prior to conversion for example.

May 11, 2014, 04:32:46 AM
The pressing problem is how to unify people who an increasingly individualist orientation together.  A universal set of principles or a philosophy could do it, yes.  The problem is which one is it, and is it strong enough?  Humanism may be the creed of many Europeans and Asians, and increasingly of North Americans, but it lacks a strong core and ethics needed to help meld people together.  Religion is increasingly correlated with fundamentalism and fanaticism, which are outgrowths of modernity and misplaced zeal respectively; and most people do not wish to be encumbered by incoherent philosophies as much as they were during the hippie era.

We basically have to accept the fact that Abrahamic influence is going to decline, but Dharmic influence is not going to replace either as both are being neutered with the exception of traditionalist holdouts, crazy new agers, and radical fringe movements.

Many various Humanist philosophies, however, often do not like to accept that a dark side of man exists and that this part of man must either be subdued, balanced, or allowed to reach its fruition ...