Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metalhead girl kicked to death

Nile577

Metalhead girl kicked to death
March 27, 2008, 03:09:36 PM
A 15-year-old boy has been found guilty of murder after he kicked a woman to death because she was a Goth.

Brendan Harris set upon Sophie Lancaster, 20, in a Lancashire park after he and four other youths assaulted her boyfriend Robert Maltby.

"He stood next to her and he turned and volley kicked her like a ball in flight (as she cradled Robert's head)," a boy told the court.

"The kick landed in her face. He then started to stamp on her head."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7316601.stm

Re: Metalhead girl kicked to death
March 27, 2008, 06:25:43 PM
was he really into metal? i guess it doesn't matter. the point is humans are becoming increasingly violent (irrespective of niche sub-culture) and are much less guided in where to direct it than in the past. ironically 99% of people will adopt their own equally violent attitudes to the situation, most obviously with hatred against the boy - then there's probably even a monority of cynical assholes out there who say she deserved it or feel too disconnected to care. but it solves nothing.

i blame the junkfood industry and 'freedom to be an individual'.

March 28, 2008, 01:31:18 PM
The article says nothing about metal. The girl was a "goth". There's a mainstream misconception that most metal fans are "goths". Was the topic title meant as a joke or something?

April 03, 2008, 10:01:50 AM
C'mon now, metals. Even if the girl was a metalhead, which I strongly doubt, we can't go playing victim when one of our own gets a boot to the temple. If such occurrences become common, metalheads in bad communities, i.e. ghettos, might have to take the street gang approach, like skinheads but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The strength in numbers approach could possibly dumb the metal community down worse than it already is, but for the most part I don't think we're much of a target of physical persecution. Mostly just weird looks, ignoring, and ridicule.

Come to think about it, the whole thread is completely pointless.

April 03, 2008, 01:18:52 PM
C'mon now, metals. Even if the girl was a metalhead, which I strongly doubt, we can't go playing victim when one of our own gets a boot to the temple.

Who was playing victim?

April 03, 2008, 02:05:05 PM
Just bringing it up that article in the first place seemed like a statement of, "we're the subject of persecution".

Perhaps I'm mistaken? No doubt that we are, indeed, the subject of persecution, passive aggression, and all kinds of stupid bullshit, even when it goes too far and the occasional beatdown happens (not implying that that was the case here, as previously stated, she probably was not a metalhead), but to point a finger and say, "see what they're doing to us now?" would be playing victim.  

If this was not that case and it was not Nile's intent to put this girl up on a pedestal as a martyr, then I apologize.

April 03, 2008, 02:12:22 PM
4 people ganging up on somebody that looks weird isn't exactly a new occurrence.

April 08, 2008, 06:19:42 PM
I really don't see why anyone should care. Shit like this isn't new. When I see someone in dark clothes, dyed hair, etc. - the first thing I think is "Great, some idiot who adores Cradle of Filth and thinks they need to stand out". Metalheads aren't persecuted. Fake assholes who think they need to look like vampires are persecuted. It doesn't matter if it stays that way or not.