Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to Crimson Massacre?

Whatever happened to Crimson Massacre?
June 26, 2014, 11:19:46 AM
Greetings.
New here on this forum, but have been reading the DLA for quite some time.
Does anybody know what happened to the promising Crimson Massacre? The Luster of Pandemonium was something out of the ordinary, atleast in my opinion. It wasn't a timeless release - more like a demo preview of something greater to follow. The Neoclassical review was right on spot with the At the Gates/Suffocation comparison though. You would have a hard time finding other bands in the gloomy mid 2000s producing as detailed and looong phrases/melodies that made sense as something more than progressive wankery.
Did they burn out after that recording, or? I remember reading something about new material, but have found no evidence of it actually being materialized.

Cheers

Re: Whatever happened to Crimson Massacre?
June 27, 2014, 02:28:16 PM
Good question. I too have been wondering the same. That debut showed potential but it definitely was not the masterpiece it was heralded as by the burnt out underground observatory. Too many moments of "was that really necessary?" and tough guy vocals.

Re: Whatever happened to Crimson Massacre?
June 29, 2014, 06:23:20 AM
A second album was allegedly written but never recorded in full.

The details of their numerous recording debacles were lost when Myspace switched over to their new format, as that was the band's only Internet presence.