Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Mythos of the Satanic in Music

Re: The Mythos of the Satanic in Music
March 26, 2007, 06:46:37 AM
Everyone here is so dour, so bitter, so willing to make excuses for why they must fail instead of taking the 3-5 simple steps to succeed. Do you hate yourselves?

Let me throw this out. Have you ever seen a suicide bomber explode near you? Been face to face with a real terrorist? Have you ever realised that there are people who cannot even step out of their house because they fear death, because it will come to them if they do? Run away from a 30 foot wave that snatched people who were just going about their daily business in the blink of an eye? People who were productive as well as unproductive.

How are they supposed to get off their asses, and do something with their lives, if they cannot really escape the fact that doing something means inevitable death? They cannot at this point care less about the future of the planet, because there will be no THEM to help save the planet, because they are being destroyed along with it. They don't care about future generations or preserving nature (apart from the fact it's almost Christian to do so) because their children, who might have benefited, have been killed before they could even talk. Tell me, truly, that you have been face to face with death, and I'll accept your 3-5 steps for success that can apparently be universally applied. There are other countries outside of the USA and UK. People here romanticize the US invasion of Iraq, without realising that some people there are truly grateful for it, and that long before the US invaded, those people were still subject to "yes-sir no-sir" jobs, but with death as the ultimate price for "no." People here I see talking about Buddhism and other Asian religions, though they probably know not how to pronounce some of the words or understand their real meaning and relative importance or lack of it. In the third world, most people would be GLAD of American strip malls, not lament them. For them, that would be a taste of what they think life should be-something to be enjoyed as much as anyone in the developed world. And we watched, as America's proud WTC fell. But it seems they still haven't really come to grips with it, since some people are really so distanced from the reality of death. How can the rest of America sleep at night knowing that New Orleans is still a barren wasteland?

But right now rather than sucking some dictators' cock, those with real problems would rather be making keyboards and modems, earning a dollar a day in order for you guys to sit and theorize on this forum. And they will still have their own culture, language, and identity, fused with another, and how is this a bad thing?They don't need any music to remind them that society is headed towards doom, because they already know it.  But it is not armchair philosophers or broadband addicts or metal bands that are doing something to keep their world turning, so that they in turn may do something to further Earth's productive duration.

It's easy to sit and talk when you haven't really been face to face with situations that no metal musician could ever describe. Sure, they romanticize it, but try leaving your music aside and actually living THAT life and you'll realise the difference between fact and fantasy. Take it from me, I've been in all those situations. And having once been a professional funeral undertaker, I've seen the results too.

This is what comes to some of  those who tried to do what the free are able to enjoy. I may sound dour, but I've been in situations that I'm pretty sure the majority, if not all, the people on this forum can only romanticize, and trust me, this dictatorial attitude of leaders that some hold so high here are nothing like it's cut out to be over here.  You'd be crying to get away if you were face to face with them and the lives they enforce. If you guys are cowards then you can delete this, ban me even, but I'd sooner leave it as a reminder that there is a vast majority of talented people out there who cannot "get off their asses and do something," because doing something is not an option. There are people on this site that think they have been there and done it all, just 'cos they've read about it. You guys, in your fantasy planet that you call 'reality' are so out of touch with the REAL reality that the developing world and its people face, it's not even remotely funny.

To most of the world's population, you might say this is what is "satanic":

March 26, 2007, 10:22:17 AM
That was one of the most profound posts i've seen on this forum, and i've been here for nearly 2 years now.

March 26, 2007, 02:10:51 PM
How are they supposed to get off their asses, and do something with their lives, if they cannot really escape the fact that doing something means inevitable death? They cannot at this point care less about the future of the planet, because there will be no THEM to help save the planet, because they are being destroyed along with it.

Oh, you loser. You coward.

There is no certain death. In fact, it's unlikely anything bad will happen to you at all. You're just afraid and making excuses, thus ensuring the end is certain.

The problem is you, pal. You're the one who justifies your inaction with fear. You're the one who promises doom instead of doing something. You're afraid. So afraid you'd rather die.

In the old days, we called that cowardice.

March 26, 2007, 02:24:48 PM

Oh, you loser. You coward.

There is no certain death. In fact, it's unlikely anything bad will happen to you at all. You're just afraid and making excuses, thus ensuring the end is certain.

The problem is you, pal. You're the one who justifies your inaction with fear. You're the one who promises doom instead of doing something. You're afraid. So afraid you'd rather die.

In the old days, we called that cowardice.

Ahahah. I find that pretty hollow coming from someone leading the sheltered American life that you probably do. No certain death? What, we're immortal is it? If only it was as easy as they think, to "take action." Sure, just click a button without worrying about the billion other things that need fall into place to "take action." Afraid of what? Afraid of having stared down the barrel of a gun and lived to talk about it? Act? And do what, pray tell? "Individual voices in a sea of noise will not be heard" as you say, but the difference is that this sea is flowing many different ways at once, so there is nothing that even a billion voices can do about it. What's left for me now is to join the army, but then I would certainly be bringing doom, not just promising it. ;) What else would you suggest I do? It's a matter of running to death, or walking away from it and being labeled a coward. I'm not afraid, but unlike you, I couldn't care less if I died without having done anything, because I'm not going to be around to see what happens later.  YOU cannot live because you have never really appreciated life.

March 26, 2007, 03:07:56 PM

Ahahah. I find that pretty hollow coming from someone leading the sheltered American life that you probably do. No certain death? What, we're immortal is it? If only it was as easy as they think, to "take action." Sure, just click a button without worrying about the billion other things that need fall into place to "take action." Afraid of what? Afraid of having stared down the barrel of a gun and lived to talk about it? Act? And do what, pray tell? "Individual voices in a sea of noise will not be heard" as you say, but the difference is that this sea is flowing many different ways at once, so there is nothing that even a billion voices can do about it. What's left for me now is to join the army, but then I would certainly be bringing doom, not just promising it. ;) What else would you suggest I do? It's a matter of running to death, or walking away from it and being labeled a coward. I'm not afraid, but unlike you, I couldn't care less if I died without having done anything, because I'm not going to be around to see what happens later.  YOU cannot live because you have never really appreciated life.

You're just like George W. Bush with his reasons for invading Iraq. First it's that I wouldn't know anything since I'm American, second that I can't change anyone, third that no one is listening, and finally that I haven't "really appreciated life." You'd bend over and suck off your mother for an excuse to do nothing, wouldn't you?

The truth is that most people are always inert, and a concerned few can change the direction of the world... but they can't be cowards like you.

That's why you're afraid of them, isn't it? Dude, you're the crowd personified... exactly what this site claims to fuckin' hate. And so why are you here exactly?

March 26, 2007, 06:03:16 PM
"this dictatorial attitude of leaders that some hold so high here are nothing like it's cut out to be over here"

i would be almost sure no single person on this site promotes the idea of a dictatorship, this is only used to disrupt what people believe what is right and wrong is and to draw parallel to modern day figures and heroes, purely as an argumentative tool. Anyone with half a brain would know the horrible practicality that is brought by this form of government and what happens to this unfortunate enough to suffer them without any long term benefit. The rough idea of nihilism is to avoid emotions and focus purely on the logical, but the aim has always been to create a healthier word. Since the dictator inevitable brings extreme levels of harm to man with no real redeeming effort a dictatorship cannot be a healthy mode of living.

Even if an immediate dictator could do great things for his people and do so without the wait and delay of modern western society but it would not be worth it because its impossible to safeguard from a dictator turning sour.

March 26, 2007, 06:13:40 PM
"this dictatorial attitude of leaders that some hold so high here are nothing like it's cut out to be over here"

i would be almost sure no single person on this site promotes the idea of a dictatorship, this is only used to disrupt what people believe what is right and wrong is and to draw parallel to modern day figures and heroes, purely as an argumentative tool. Anyone with half a brain would know the horrible practicality that is brought by this form of government and what happens to this unfortunate enough to suffer them without any long term benefit. The rough idea of nihilism is to avoid emotions and focus purely on the logical, but the aim has always been to create a healthier word. Since the dictator inevitable brings extreme levels of harm to man with no real redeeming effort a dictatorship cannot be a healthy mode of living.

Even if an immediate dictator could do great things for his people and do so without the wait and delay of modern western society it would not be worth it because its impossible to safeguard from a dictator turning sour.

That I understand now, thanks to some advice from Born for Banning. I had misunderstood some of the intentions of those on this site.

March 26, 2007, 07:46:28 PM
I suppose if what you say is correct, I was misattributing a lack of a brain to the admins instead of seeing what they said in a different kind of context.

It can be difficult - the emphasis on the real makes it seem as if everything should be taken in a literal fashion, and as you pointed out, doing this makes the claims seem very foolish.

This thread has been very valuable, thanks to all for your various bits of insight...

March 27, 2007, 11:24:12 AM
The west has paid in blood for the so called "freedom" it enjoys now. Those who experienced these hardships are now long dead, and we have a generation that, for the most part, have never directly experienced the brutal side of life, the side that immolation was referring to. This is where the real degeneration of the human race takes place, and this is where the real damage to the world is coming from, through over consumption etc. It is not where the hardship takes place, but it is where the ideas that anus promotes apply, and where they are most needed.

I am sure that no one ever said that there were 3 to 5 simple steps to success that can be universalized, the simply apply to most people in the west.

March 27, 2007, 02:21:50 PM
It can be difficult - the emphasis on the real makes it seem as if everything should be taken in a literal fashion, and as you pointed out, doing this makes the claims seem very foolish.

Is philosophy literal, or tangible? It's about ideas being as real as swords. And they are.

March 27, 2007, 05:27:18 PM
philosophy attempts to define reality, but once you go far enough you realize it doesn't answer a single question, for no matter how long you have worded with philosophy eventually your argument will get to the stage where you give the response children give, "because it is."

and by which point you can no longer argue anything on the topic, and since it eventually simply gets down to i think this is right and this isn't which are completely tangible things i would say philosophy is tangible.

shadowmystic

March 28, 2007, 01:26:23 AM

I couldn't care less if I died without having done anything, because I'm not going to be around to see what happens later.  

Well you might as well shoot yourself now.  To quote anus 'you see the difference between reality and an ideal as a justification for inaction'.  In other words, you have no purpose, no reason to live or will toward anthing at all.  This is also called fatalism.

March 29, 2007, 08:39:19 AM
I think the point was meant to be that anyone in a simialr situation would also choose fatalism. The fact that we live in developed countries makes it easier to to try and change our existence for the better.

ozz

March 29, 2007, 05:55:07 PM

How can the rest of America sleep at night knowing that New Orleans is still a barren wasteland?

Very good point and post, Immolation.

March 29, 2007, 07:24:50 PM
i would be almost sure no single person on this site promotes the idea of a dictatorship.

It depends on the dictator, but I do. I like the idea of a group of wise elders who provide backing, but every nation needs a leader... I'd just pick smaller, ethnic-cultural nations designated by local area. And no stock market, no mass media, and send the morons to the middle east.

That's very metal... both individualist and authoritarian. And anti-trend-moron.