Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Happy "Onward to Golgotha" day!

Happy "Onward to Golgotha" day!
April 06, 2007, 02:19:39 PM
Celebrate the classic death metal of the early '90s, and the death of the supposed "messiah", by blasting this classic all day today on good Friday!

Re: Happy "Onward to Golgotha" day!
April 06, 2007, 04:07:39 PM
Hear, hear...I almost forgot.  I need to remember to write my Congressman to encourage him to make it a national holiday.

Iconoclast3

April 06, 2007, 07:03:05 PM
I forgot as well, I thought it was on Easter.

By the way, what does it say when my birthday is on easter?  Does it mean that I, an antichrist, has arisen to take the bastard's place?

April 06, 2007, 07:06:06 PM
Well because im about a day ahead of the rest of you i have missed my chance to commemorate the time with that album, but i did go to see the saint john passion performed at my local catholic church (my music teacher performed on harpsichord and organ), absolutely breath taking music. In my opinion among the most beautiful music ever written.

Annihilaytorr

April 06, 2007, 07:15:34 PM
Hail Satan 666

April 07, 2007, 02:47:08 AM
It warms my heart to see that this was remembered.

If I'm not mistaken, the origins of this tradition can be traced to QBLH from a few years back.
"Art remains in the artist and is the knowledge by which things are made. What is made according to the art is correct; what one makes as one likes may very well be awkward. We must not confuse taste with judgment, or loveliness with beauty, for as Augustine says, some people like deformities." -- A.K. Coomaraswamy

April 07, 2007, 09:03:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the origins of this tradition can be traced to QBLH from a few years back.

I believe you are correct. I recall the first time it was posted on the old nihilist forums.

It is one of the proposed days to be celebrated as an official day of Hessianism

Iconoclast3

April 07, 2007, 09:05:48 PM
Is there an article that discusses how Hessian was used to refer to "metalheads," and who used it?  It's not a common term at all...

And why does ANUS like using it above other terms?  I can see why as most metalheads are losers, but a more in-depth explanation would be useful.

April 09, 2007, 12:24:39 AM
Does anyone remember the old site,
http://onward.to/golgotha ?

Raise_the_Dead

April 09, 2007, 01:13:51 AM
Is there an article that discusses how Hessian was used to refer to "metalheads," and who used it?  It's not a common term at all...

I think Hessian was a term for long-haired skater kids, who probably listened to metal in some form.  Not sure about this however.

April 09, 2007, 04:27:50 AM
Hessian was a term used to refer to the German mercenaries who helped the British during the American revolution.  

April 10, 2007, 11:13:47 AM
I'm glad someone finally pointed that out.  I've been wondering about the connection for years...

April 10, 2007, 08:15:43 PM
Great Britain hired German hussars among their Hessian mercenaries for service in the American War of Independence.

European (but not British) hussars traditionally wore long moustaches (but no beards) and long hair, with two plaits hanging in front of the ears as well as a larger queue at the back. They often retained the queue, which used to be common to all soldiers, after other regiments had dispensed with it and adopted short hair.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/h/hu/hussar.htm

My god, the answer was so simple twenty seconds of Googling fixed the ignorance... anyone who didn't do that is a fool.

Iconoclast3

April 10, 2007, 08:32:28 PM
Fuck you pal, fucking African-American.

April 12, 2007, 10:02:28 PM
Fuck you pal, fucking African-American.

Nothing wrong with being black. I'm proud of it, in fact. My ancestors built civilization. Today I am continuing that process by leading many of my brethren to metal music, where as bands like Suffocation and Blasphemy illustrate, they belong.