Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Happy "Onward to Golgotha" day!

Re: Happy "Onward to Golgotha" day!
April 02, 2010, 12:24:18 PM
Happy OTG day! :>

April 02, 2010, 06:48:48 PM
Hahaha look at all the homos in this thread! It's always worth occasionally lurking metal message boards for a laugh, but it can be a bit depressing at times.

Quote from: Some Dildo
Well I know nobody expects me to have right opinions on anything DM related, but... All these bands that start with "In" or "Im" sound the same to me. Immolation, Incantation, Imprecation, Infester (ok maybe not that one)...

ha ha holy fuck

Unfortunately, I'm in more of a Burzum/Totenmond/Summoning mood today, so I'll save the Onward to Golgotha-ing for Sunday.

April 21, 2011, 10:05:56 PM
How feeble thy man hast come forth unto us, provoking his crucifixion.

April 21, 2011, 10:33:00 PM
Radiant blessings from Ostara/Eostre/Easter, frost-foe.

”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

April 22, 2011, 12:31:49 AM
black cum will drip...

April 22, 2011, 01:12:22 AM
But I remained, to scourge, and hoist christ up the tree.
In the olden days one could just smash an impudent peasant in the face with a walking-cane, but now you'll get arrested for assault if you do that.

April 22, 2011, 03:38:23 PM
Just got done blasting the album at work. In addition I went through the rest of my Incantation catalog too. NAIL HIM.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 22, 2011, 05:37:26 PM
Blasphemous Cremation at 0:46....19 years and still one of the best moments in the death metal genre.

April 23, 2011, 12:27:35 AM
Blasphemous Cremation at 0:46....19 years and still one of the best moments in the death metal genre.

I'll up that and suggest it is one of the best DM songs period!

Ecce Homo...Golgotha ho!!!

April 24, 2011, 12:23:04 AM
I'm partial to "Rotting Spiritual Embodiment," but nonetheless, amazing album.

April 24, 2011, 01:19:33 AM
I'm partial to "Rotting Spiritual Embodiment," but nonetheless, amazing album.

Indeed!

March 31, 2012, 02:18:20 PM
Onward To Golgotha Day is coming up! Facebukkake event

March 31, 2012, 03:45:34 PM
So as said....

I listened to this album again last night and was again blown away by it. Incantation stylistically play a style that lends itself to being background music, but are paradoxically so engaging that they constantly grab the attention of the enlightened listener. This album creates a massive, ambient like wall of sound, but the cognitive dissonance created by trying to focus on a nuanced task with this album playing in the background is such that if I am trying to focus on masturbating, writing, work, trolling or study, I either have to finish the album or shut it off. Seldom does the task at hand beat Onward to Golgotha in this competition. Maybe jacking off, but only because I can do my thang with the quickness.

Some questions  :

What albums or compositions do you personally find listenable immediately after Onward to Golgotha ends? If this album were an imported British porter, what dishes go well with it? In style, spirit or substance.

Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

April 04, 2012, 02:41:30 AM
My ability to appreciate "Onward to Golgotha" has grown with time. The main issue I had with it in the past was that it felt very abstract and 'dry' compared to contemporaneous recordings like Legion, Dawn of Possession, or Effigy of the Forgotten. Nowadays, I am partially able to appreciate some of the more visceral elements, and it may grow further on me given a few years. The current track of greatest interest is "Christening the Afterbirth", which impresses me with how colossal an effect the slow section in the middle can create with so few notes. 

I would probably follow it up with something that puts me in mind of romanticism; In the Nightside Eclipse, or other black metal of similar quality and ideology seems to fit.
Generic misanthropic crowd-pleasing statement, potentially with a subclause betraying a hopeful vision and steps the writer believes would make that vision real.