Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Summoning

Re: Summoning
April 24, 2007, 11:36:31 PM
Being in NewZealand has given me alot of space where there are no people for ages and ages.I have often lisened to summoning and burzum at these times,but i also enjoy lisening to summoning when im bored you get so caught up in lisening to it a whole day can pass.

April 25, 2007, 12:56:48 AM
Summoning (and yes Burzum) works best when one lets it wash over you. Where Bach works best when you keep the music in mind and attempt to listen to the instruments the former this cannot be done in. It quickly becomes droning and boring, hence why you let the emotion rise without concern for the music. In effect your listening to the effect of the music rather then the music itself.

April 25, 2007, 03:37:02 AM
I do that with all music, I don't see why it should be any different with Bach to Burzum to Metallica to even something like Massive Attack or Portishead...

April 25, 2007, 06:12:59 PM
Summoning prove they're sleepwalking sheep like the rest

Oh...well i'm so sorry that Summoning choose not to have their music politicized. God forbid that they'd reject Nazi Propoganda.    ::)

Annihilaytorr

April 25, 2007, 06:24:05 PM
All kinds of bands disassociate themselves with Nazism without being descending into such levels of absurd dumbassery as Summoning have. Nazism is not the issue here.

April 26, 2007, 08:04:55 AM
Its understandable as summoning are not a political band, so it contradicts their ideology to be associated with politics.

Annihilaytorr

April 26, 2007, 08:26:21 AM
All kinds of bands disassociate themselves with Nazism without being descending into such levels of absurd dumbassery as Summoning have. Nazism is not the issue here.

April 26, 2007, 08:41:57 AM
So does this mean Summoning is no longer worth listening to?

April 26, 2007, 08:49:15 AM

No ; although it would be surprising if they could write coherent music in the future while not being able to write a coherent sentence.

But from what I understood, it's just one member of the band who said that, maybe the other ones aren't like that.

April 26, 2007, 09:21:35 AM

No ; although it would be surprising if they could write coherent music in the future while not being able to write a coherent sentence.

But from what I understood, it's just one member of the band who said that, maybe the other ones aren't like that.

Summoning is a two-member band, and of that two, Protector (the guy who posted all that nonsense) is the main music-writer.

It is illogical to correlate writing skills to musical skills given that one can be completely illiterate (as many musicians in the Middle-Ages were) and still write music of great substance.

What baffles me the most about this is that the guy didn’t even bother to put proper punctuation and capitalization into the rant; if you want a “manifesto” like this to be taken seriously, it would be a good idea to write it in a serious manner.

April 26, 2007, 09:33:18 AM
It is illogical to correlate writing skills to musical skills given that one can be completely illiterate (as many musicians in the Middle-Ages were) and still write music of great substance.

I meant the coherence of his thought ; that's behind both.

What baffles me the most about this is that the guy didn’t even bother to put proper punctuation and capitalization into the rant; if you want a “manifesto” like this to be taken seriously, it would be a good idea to write it in a serious manner.

Indeed.

April 26, 2007, 10:15:45 AM
So does this mean Summoning is no longer worth listening to/up to DLA standards? It would seem he is more clueless at what he does than Chuck was...

April 26, 2007, 01:53:37 PM
Its understandable as summoning are not a political band, so it contradicts their ideology to be associated with politics.

Then why did they associate themselves with politics by taking a contrary stand? I smell a rat.

April 26, 2007, 01:54:31 PM

The music? Still worth listening to.

Any words? Ignore.