Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bedroom black metal

Bedroom black metal
March 26, 2005, 08:22:52 PM
Drawbridge is a one-man bedroom Black Metal project dedicated to making extremely shitty music. In the age of the internet, persona is everything and talent is nothing. So why shouldn't I try to validate my existence with minimal effort via a substanceless, space-taking waste of time?

http://www.geocities.com/whorewearin/Drawbridge.html

Re: Bedroom black metal
March 27, 2005, 12:17:05 AM
Drawbridge? These guys are mad cool.

March 27, 2005, 05:16:50 PM
This demo kills, on par with Hvjutxhurgar's Diabolic Forest Moon.

March 27, 2005, 11:06:07 PM
90% sure, rumours speculate the distribution will be a strictly Brazilian affair (Sephiroth Productions of course).

April 04, 2005, 05:53:32 PM
Drawbridge is a one-man bedroom Black Metal project dedicated to making extremely shitty music. In the age of the internet, persona is everything and talent is nothing. So why shouldn't I try to validate my existence with minimal effort via a substanceless, space-taking waste of time?

http://www.geocities.com/whorewearin/Drawbridge.html

If it sucks, why waste your breath (fingers?). I'm not sure what your motivation is for starting a topic like this. Are you attempting to do Black Metal "fans" a publ;ic service?
Perhaps it's something personal? Or were you just reaching for something to post?

April 06, 2005, 08:42:31 PM
If it sucks, why waste your breath (fingers?). I'm not sure what your motivation is for starting a topic like this. Are you attempting to do Black Metal "fans" a publ;ic service?
Perhaps it's something personal? Or were you just reaching for something to post?

Congratulations, you win the stupid award.

April 07, 2005, 11:49:14 AM

Congratulations, you win the stupid award.

You mean I beat YOU, jackass?

April 07, 2005, 04:26:49 PM
I meant that strictly in the most practical sense. You completely missed the point of this topic by miles away, to the extent that you got trolled on a board where the trolling originated from one of its own members. Prozak even!  :o

July 29, 2006, 08:46:16 PM
It seems to me entropy has hit black metal, as it hit hardcore before it, for the same reason: a human reason, namely that everyone wanted to participate and now that they have, they have drowned out any consistency except mediocrity in the genre.

I hear constantly: "This band rules","Wow!!!!1!", "The best black metal," etc and the bands change every week and then disappear. Who remembers Conqueror? Crebain? (Lja?) Drudkh? Craft? It's all the same shit: musically OK in competence, but without soul or meaning.

What took out death metal was nu-metal because by hybridizing death metal with bouncy funk-rock, they made something even a houseplant could listen to. What took out black metal was the egalitarian spirit of the underground and letting everyone play. Now everyone has their own CD-R, label, zine, etc. and there is no one left to promote the excellent.

('cept us outsiders)

July 30, 2006, 12:39:49 AM
What took out black metal was the egalitarian spirit of the underground and letting everyone play.

That explains perfectly why the best 2nd-wave bands were elitists, not egalitarians. Often these days the differences between bands is usually something trivial, and the original spirit has been dumbed down into a vapid and pedestrian form of itself. Thousands of bands are out there making music, yet does any clear voice stand out?

Whilst the image and scene remains, the ideals are dead. Unless they rediscover something great to communicate, all these new Black Metal bands shall remain redundant.

Good luck trying help anyone on the Roadrunner or Century Media boards grasp that one.

July 30, 2006, 07:16:17 AM
Egalitarianism indeed! Black Metal is saturated with the very mediocrity that the egalitarian folly promotes every where it is employed. As already noted, now nothing technically separates the wheat from the chaff. For every new BM project that is listenable, one must sift through a disconcerting abount of junk.
Perhaps, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. The anti-social nature of BM necessitates, to some degree, a lack of collaboration opportunity, etc. which can be useful in creating quality art. It is possible that this is both a blessing and curse, so to (artistically) speak.  

July 30, 2006, 07:22:39 AM
the saddest part in all of this is that within a mountain of dirt there may be one jewel, and thats one talented person/group who gain nothing for there works of art because of the crap that surrounds them

July 30, 2006, 07:20:49 PM
the saddest part in all of this is that within a mountain of dirt there may be one jewel,

;)

...and I doubt for every mountain there's a j3wel. Perhaps for every mountain range, speaking metaphorically, but even the remaining worthwhile bands are dying at a frightening rate.