Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Summoning make stand against fascism

Summoning make stand against fascism
April 25, 2007, 05:48:16 AM
From the official Summoning website:

Yesterday i (Protector) wrote an email to youtube in order to tell them to remove certain videos showing nazi-propaganda and using Summoning music for it. This finally brought me to the decision to recapitulate all the statements i know that show clearly that the music of summoning as well as any kind rock or metal music are in contradiction to such ideologies.

So for now and for the future. any person can use Summoning music for videos as long as they are not used for political propaganda and specially not for nazi-propaganda.

Here are the reasons why i never will accept such ideologies in connection to summoning.
Political Statements

http://www.summoning.info/

Re: Summoning make stand against fascism
April 25, 2007, 06:44:57 AM
all those varg vikernes ideology copy-cats thinking that a nation can only survive if it is clean and pure shall take a short look at the ottoman empire that was an extreme multi-cultural nation and lasted 624 years (thats 52 times longer than the third reich:-)

I would have laughed at the above statement but being Greek myself, I can only feel insulted. The Ottoman Empire "an extreme multicultural nation"? Personally I can't use the worlds "culture" and "Ottoman" on the same sentence. Sure, the Turks conquered a lot of different nations but this fact doesn't make the empire "multicultural". Not to mention the oxymoron of the phrase "multicultural nation". Since he mentions "Jannisary" music on another paragraph he should spend some time in order to learn what Jannisaries were: Christian youth from the conquered christian nations that were taken by force at a young age from their families, converted to muslims and brainwashed to become the fiercest warriors of the Ottoman army, eventually becoming slayers of their own people. Quite some cultural achievement I guess. I guess the balkan nations were such ungrateful bastards to revolt constantly against such a paradise of an empire. I'm wondering if his opinions concerning the Ottoman Empire would have been the same if the Turks had managed to conquer Vienna back in 1683.

And what does he have to say about the prominently Graeco-Roman Byzantine Empire which lasted for more than a thousand years, being in constant struggle against Persians, Arabs, Crusaders and Turks?

April 25, 2007, 07:50:30 AM
The problem i have with that article is he thinks blues was the only music that influenced rock, there were other heavy folk influences that would have been European and to some degree, similar to Germanic folk music. Where the Germanic tribes stretch over Germany, France, Scandinavia and England, Ireland and Scotland if you follow the Celts migration. Thats a lot of folk music that can be linked to the Germanic tribes. To say it has no Germanic roots is silly.

Vajra

April 25, 2007, 08:00:47 AM
This should help increase sales

April 25, 2007, 08:11:52 AM
It's easier to "stand against fascism" in a country that's still as well preserved as Austria is. I've been there in 1999 or 2000 and I don't remember seeing much strangers living there, if any (although I'm sure Vienna has some kind of suburbs too).

I don't know if it will help better sales, it looks like a move to avoid "problems", more than anything else.

April 25, 2007, 09:03:44 AM
nazis leaders dont care about the people of their folk, they just care for symbols like flags and their personal advantages. a real nazi leader does not mind if 1000 germans die on battlefield as long as the flag does not get damaged and the leaders can live in luxury. while thousands of people fought in a war freezing and with hardly anythign to eat, hitler and his friends lived in luxury until the end.

Is western (judeo-christian) society any better? Right now people are losing their cultural and ethnic identities because our "leaders" are too busy making dirty deals with large corporations. I'd rather have a leader who only cares about our flag (which represents what a people stand for) than leaders who only care about what makes the most money (what we have right now in Europe)

i often experience that people think if they are against stalin they have to love hitler. but two wrongs dont make a right, and and idiot fighting against another idiot does not turn this idiot to a wise man. stalin was fascistic like hitler. if you dont like stalin then it is absurd to like hitler.

That's correct: "an idiot fighting against another idiot does not turn this idiot into a wise man" Protector could have just said "we're a-political, think for yourselves, now fuck off" but he proceeds to say too much to get his point across, he leaves too many loose ends and turns their "political statement" into a personal rant. I wonder why he feels the need to explain this so much? Their music never struck me as being even remotely fascist or racist (as far as fairytales aren't fascist and racist already of course)

April 25, 2007, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: link=board=metal_news;num=1177490896;start=0#5 date=04/25/07 at 05:03:44

nazis leaders dont care about the people of their folk, they just care for symbols like flags and their personal advantages. a real nazi leader does not mind if 1000 germans die on battlefield as long as the flag does not get damaged and the leaders can live in luxury. while thousands of people fought in a war freezing and with hardly anythign to eat, hitler and his friends lived in luxury until the end.

Although i am far from a Nazi supporter this simple is not true. Its common sense to keep generals and other important figures from harms way, other wise you run great risk of losing them, and as such losing the war, and going hungry or sleeping on a cold bed isn't going to help your soldiers at all. Secondly they do care about their people, which is why they don't allow "inferior" races to breed with them, why they follow eugenics (in terms that a strong person produces strong sons as opposed to an unscientific thought that Jews and the like make inferior children). Everything they did was for their people, the only problem was if you were not one of their people.

April 25, 2007, 09:47:10 AM
This was the biggest load of crap ever written. Ever.
I'll make a comment on each sentence when i'll have time.But untill then, some small facts:
Also, persians are white, indo-europeans.
Blues is a ripoff of european folklore.
Guitar appeared in the hispanic peninsula. The spaniards are black, no ? >:(

Vajra

April 25, 2007, 09:49:47 AM
It's easier to "stand against fascism" in a country that's still as well preserved as Austria is. I've been there in 1999 or 2000 and I don't remember seeing much strangers living there, if any (although I'm sure Vienna has some kind of suburbs too).

I don't know if it will help better sales, it looks like a move to avoid "problems", more than anything else.

Summoning (or Napalm Records) have created a problem by publically getting upset over some videos they found on JewTube. Who else cared, or attriuted any irresponsibility or whatever to the band?

The band have interpreted Tolkein's works their way, and somebody else has interpreted/used Summoning's music their way. Big deal. The funniest thing is having listened to Oath Bound this morning, and then reading the band themselves denying any white roots.

April 25, 2007, 10:21:23 AM
If they don't feature 50 Cent on their next album I'll alert the Anti-Defamation League.

April 25, 2007, 01:36:11 PM
What a passive, effeminate human being.  While I can't blame him for thinking NSism is a joke, he makes a big deal over some really petty issue, writes a stupid little manifesto exclaiming his effeminate outlook on life, and then is totally clueless on what to believe.  If he supports "total" "freedom" on speech and thought, then why can't the nazis use his music freely?

Maybe he was scared to become known as a NZBM band cos that would affect what people thought of his music while listening? Also being associated with a genre of music as dumb as NZBM does nothing for your artistic credentials.

Either way that diatribe was rambling and moronic, as others have noted.

April 25, 2007, 02:09:42 PM
If they don't feature 50 Cent on their next album I'll alert the Anti-Defamation League.

Nicely put  ;D

Iconoclast

April 25, 2007, 03:07:30 PM

Maybe he was scared to become known as a NZBM band cos that would affect what people thought of his music while listening? Also being associated with a genre of music as dumb as NZBM does nothing for your artistic credentials.

Either way that diatribe was rambling and moronic, as others have noted.

1. It's a fucking youtube video about nazis doing nazi things.  The only people who care about it are nazis and anti-fa homos (who think that everything else is nazi anyways).

2. If someone is stupid enough to associate music with nazism because nazis used it in a video, then that person isn't worth catering to.

April 25, 2007, 08:25:48 PM
This should help increase sales

That seems to be the motivation. Did this guy make it out of high school?

-      metal music has no white roots. first there was blues music done by black people, then rock developed from blues, finally metal developed from rock music. metal has no germanic roots at all. any metal fan thinking that his music is an aryan one is simply wrong, and singing german does not remove all those black roots
-      apart from the black blues roots of metal music there are lots of other non aryan influences in metal music. the bass drum used in metal music derived from the bass drum used in jazz, which is originally the turkish bass drum "davul". cymbals of any kind have chinese roots and got also influenced in turkey. the same goes for tom toms.
-      but not only metal music has non aryan roots, the same goes for classical european music:       -      the oboe derived from the arabic "mizmar" (or "zurna" on turkish), which later became a shalm and finally the oboe as we know it.
-      the lute is nothing than the arabic "oud". not even the shape is changed.
-      the guitar is spanish as well as mauretanian.
-      the violin derived from the persian instrument ”rebab”
-      the complete percussion section in european orchestra music comes from the turkish millitary music of the ottoman empire called "Janissary" music.

-      i know a lot of lot of summoning fans and have friends from and contacts to people of different nationalities. i personally know and like people who are arabic, jewish, chinese, russian, people from latin america, blacks etc. and i never could see any difference between me and them. for me the personality counts and not the ethnicity and i prefer an arabic or israelic music fan 100 times more to an austrian with total different interests. i choose friends because of their personality not because of their ethnicity.
-      all of those nazis that use the fracture letters cause they think they are so nazi styled should know that those letters where forbidden 1941 by the NSDAP regime cause they found out that they have jewish roots and called them "schwabacher judenlettern".
-      slavonic people where not considered as aryan race by hitler, and all of those polish Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement black metal bands who think he was just wrong and nazis love the polish people shall check the lyrics of the most famous german nazi rock band "landser" called "polakentango". polish people are pure scum for real german nazis.
-      all those varg vikernes ideology copy-cats thinking that a nation can only survive if it is clean and pure shall take a short look at the ottoman empire that was an extreme multi-cultural nation and lasted 624 years (thats 52 times longer than the third reich:-)
-      if you think you are an individualist or rebel because you like fascism then you are wrong. there is no space left for individualism in fascist regimes. this goes for nazi germany as well as ex soviet union. fascism means to follow orders if you are not a leader. you just have to be a working element in the huge fascist system - thinking for yourself is a disturbing element for this system.
-      nazis leaders dont care about the people of their folk, they just care for symbols like flags and their personal advantages. a real nazi leader does not mind if 1000 germans die on battlefield as long as the flag does not get damaged and the leaders can live in luxury. while thousands of people fought in a war freezing and with hardly anythign to eat, hitler and his friends lived in luxury until the end.
-      i often experience that people think if they are against stalin they have to love hitler. but two wrongs dont make a right, and and idiot fighting against another idiot does not turn this idiot to a wise man. stalin was fascistic like hitler. if you dont like stalin then it is absurd to like hitler.
-      i prefer to be proud about things i did or am responsible for, but i never ever could feel any pride for things i could not even decide. i can be proud about my music for example, but never that i was born in austria. i am of course happy to live in a country like austria instead of any poor countries, but i am definitely not proud about that. it seems for me as if nazis have nothing else to be proud of then the coincidence that they where born in their father-land.
-      i support total freedom in speech and thought, and even a nazi should be free to say whatever he thinks. for me forbidding special thoughts or opinons does not fit into a democratic society. forbidding opinions turns them to a taboo, what attracts most of the young metalheads very much. it makes them feel like real rebels to break those taboos. i want that those taboos never even appear.
-      there is nothing wrong if you only like european culture and don't like other ones; nobody can force anybody to like anything, but what i mean is that you can not escape foreign influences even if you listen to pure european music. and of course the european culture found its own way during the centuries and now has not much to do with the roots, but anyway it can not be denied that without those roots it would not exist. i personally don't like hip hop at all for example, but as it is so easy to turn off a radio or switch off a tv show i have no problems with it. i like being free to decide what i have to do, to like etc. and what not and dont want any dictator deciding for me what i have to do, to like etc. and what not..

April 26, 2007, 12:12:08 AM
I wonder if his diatribe was just a reaction to a perceived threat to record sales, or if he already held these convictions deeply before the whole video incident... Probably the former, as the whole thing seems a bit haphazard and roughshod.

I always liked Silenius's vocals more than Protector's.  ;)