Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Straight edge associated with fascism and racism

Murder, beatings and intimidation in the straight edge scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB75U_29r-I

Notice how Karl Buechner doesn't directly dissassociates himself with this kind of behavior? On the contrary: he admits to having had friends who were like that. And does he condemn this kind of violence? No, he just says that kids should try to stay out of jail and that "it's not worth it" but he does not say he disapproves of the hatred behind such acts.

It's a fact: straight edgers commit hate-crimes. Leftist violence should be taken more seriously. This video proves that the argument that left-wing violence is a reaction to nazi-violence is a lie and that the left-wing movement hides racists in their own scenes.

Raise_the_Dead

I didn't watch the video yet, but there is a large group of straight-edgers who are anything but leftist (although most probably are).

http://en.wiki-pedia.org/wiki/Hardline_%28subculture%29

Well a branch from straight edge called themselves hardline except they changed the brief flexible matters of straightedge with militant humanitarianism and annoyingly politically correct and Christian morals.

My experiences have taught me that generally, people who publicly promote their "straight-edge" lifestyle tend to have adopted the lifestyle for the wrong reason: namely, as a means of creating a "holier-than-thou" persona that lets them feel better about themselves in comparison to others.

My experiences have taught me that generally, people who publicly promote their "straight-edge" lifestyle tend to have adopted the lifestyle for the wrong reason: namely, as a means of creating a "holier-than-thou" persona that lets them feel better about themselves in comparison to others.

It seems to me that out of 100,000 people, there is one who does not adopt his/her political views for this reason, to seem more important than others.

When people talk about politics, I generally ignore what they say, because few of them have the background to even make sense of it, and of those, very few have the right mentation to figure anything out.

Someday, if presented with a strong leader, they will follow him or her. If the leader is benevolent, it will not be to doom but for the stupidest of them.