Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Chasm- The Spell of Retribution

Re: The Chasm- The Spell of Retribution
October 21, 2004, 10:52:24 PM
Meh, I'm used to great artists being arseholes.

Yeah, I know what you mean, me too in that case but in Corchado's case his ego is bigger , you're his friend if you like his band otherwise you're his enemy. Again, I like this band a lot, music is another subject.

October 26, 2004, 07:11:38 PM

I like Deathcult but even it does feel a little "old metal" to me.

That's one of the main reasons I enjoy The Chasm! I tend to think the new one will not blow us away but will surpass most of this year's flotsam.

October 27, 2004, 05:31:36 PM

That's one of the main reasons I enjoy The Chasm! I tend to think the new one will not blow us away but will surpass most of this year's flotsam.

Hehe, fair enough, I realize it's a matter of taste.

November 02, 2004, 05:06:58 PM
It is a great album. I've heard it and it easily rivals Conjuration, but it still can't touch Deathcult.

November 02, 2004, 06:46:40 PM
I was disappointed by it, but I've only listened twice. It's alright but seems to be a step or two down.

November 03, 2004, 07:18:54 PM
I agree, I've found this new album a good one but not as amazing as some reviwers say. I think it's more commercial perhaps because they're in a big label now and they want to sell as many copies as possible. I sill keep Deathcult my priority of TC.

November 03, 2004, 08:52:58 PM
I think it's more commercial perhaps because they're in a big label now and they want to sell as many copies as possible.

That's absurd. They aren't on any "big label". Earache is doing their U.S. distribution but they are signed to Wicked World Productions. Granted they are owned by Earache but there are several other bands on WW like Exmortem Deathwitch Anata, Insision ect and those bands have not released anything remotely commercial(they do suck though)

November 05, 2004, 07:07:00 PM
Granted they are owned by Earache but there are several other bands on WW like Exmortem Deathwitch Anata, Insision ect and those bands have not released anything remotely commercial(they do suck though)

Exactly, all those bands mentined above suck that's why they signed TC because they saw a profit in there. I got to say TC is possible the best band WW has and they want to push them to the next level. IMO they've lost the raw feeling of early albums.

November 06, 2004, 07:49:41 PM
I thought the downloadable track was reminiscent of any band who find a particular riff style and over do it ala Vader. I guess it is taken for granted being as any band who exists for a long time ultimately finds what it's good at / best at it and bashes it out ad infinitum.

How does the new album fare in comparison to 'Conjuration...'?

November 06, 2004, 09:03:23 PM
It's not nearly as good, IMO.

November 10, 2004, 07:55:25 PM
It's not nearly as good, IMO.

I second that. The album is already available at few stores and the release date is Nov 16th in America.  A good friend of mine who is friend of Incantation guys told me they are going to tour with TC mid December.

November 26, 2004, 05:37:36 PM
Too bad that they didn't put half of the amount of effort they spent on the album cover on the actual music.

November 28, 2004, 05:53:14 PM
I completely disagree, it's exceptional, it just takes time. "Retribution of the Lost Years" is one of the greatest songs ever, and many of the others aren't far behind.

December 04, 2004, 10:59:08 PM
Album concept here.

It's cheesy indeed. I like the music, I've listened to it several times and I can't catch the commotion about it, it's a good album with cheesy lyrics .
I'd like to see what is going to happen when they play with Incantation. I've heard Corchado's ego is up to the sky right now. I don't doubt it.