Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Perfect Visions (ex-Immortal)

Perfect Visions (ex-Immortal)
June 08, 2007, 11:31:50 PM
PERFECT VISIONS, the Norwegian project headed up by IMMORTAL guitarist Demonaz, is currently in the studio recording four new songs: "Perfect Visions", "Another Dying Sun", "Over the Mountains" and "Demonized". The lineup for the recordings is as follows:

Demonaz (Vocals)
Ice Dale (Guitars)
Abbath (Bass)
Armagedda (Drums)

PERFECT VISIONS is planning to record a full-length album later in the year.

http://www.myspace.com/perfectvisions

Re: Perfect Visions (ex-Immortal)
June 09, 2007, 02:58:06 AM
PERFECT VISIONS, the Norwegian project headed up by IMMORTAL guitarist Demonaz, is currently in the studio recording four new songs: "Perfect Visions", "Another Dying Sun", "Over the Mountains" and "Demonized". The lineup for the recordings is as follows:

Demonaz (Vocals)
Ice Dale (Guitars)
Abbath (Bass)
Armagedda (Drums)

PERFECT VISIONS is planning to record a full-length album later in the year.

http://www.myspace.com/perfectvisions

Um, ok! Fields of the Nifilheim anyone?

June 09, 2007, 02:59:48 AM
yikes, I really misspelled that- NEPHILIM! sorry.

1337Dude

June 10, 2007, 06:15:42 AM
Influenced by David Bowie? Kiss? Ozzy? The music is pretty atmospheric but to be honest it's too cheesy sounding.

Dunkelheit

June 10, 2007, 07:43:00 PM
It sounds like 80's synth rock. No thanks.

June 16, 2007, 12:27:28 PM
Who cares what it sounds like, is the music (composition) good? Are the ideas good? If not, I say we banish the Immortal guys to the same mail room in Heaven where Fenriz is heading ;)

Dunkelheit

July 23, 2007, 08:28:45 PM
It grew on me with repeated listens, but I can't make a final judgement on it yet. The music, while basic is composed pretty well and has a nice atmosphere to it but doesn't quite reach a narrative structure but more of a pop one. I'm interested in hearing the lyrics to see what they are saying and what they sound like. There's no vocals on it currently though.

July 24, 2007, 01:46:37 PM
same here, there is not enough material on display to fully appreciate it so far - the vocals could really make or break it. If anything its a bit too middlle-of-the-road with the tempo: slowed right down it would be suitably haunting or sped up may be fairly manic, but right now it sounds like Miami Vice synth pop music...

Plus I think that's a drum machine.

1337Dude

July 24, 2007, 11:00:36 PM
I honestly can't figure where the vocals will fit into this. I'm guessing that it won't be black metal vocals guessing from the musical influences. Does Immortal really need another side-project? When is Horgh getting his side project? Hmm?

August 01, 2007, 01:09:14 AM
I don't know why Immortal didn't just become a doom metal band. Easier to play, easier to sell, and still retain some integrity. This getting all wacky with the populist music repels me.

August 03, 2007, 01:56:37 AM
Until Demonaz gets back on guitar, I don't hold out much for a band with both Demonaz and Abbath.

This lineup with Abbath on guitar shot their load a while back with ATHOW.

Unless they become inspired by early 90's black metal again, or seek to create another Altars of Madness influenced album, their not going to create anything worth listening to.

August 03, 2007, 04:54:43 AM
This is kind of interesting in how different it is from Immortal, but not very good music in my opinion.

1337Dude

August 07, 2007, 01:58:24 PM
Until Demonaz gets back on guitar, I don't hold out much for a band with both Demonaz and Abbath.

This lineup with Abbath on guitar shot their load a while back with ATHOW.

Unless they become inspired by early 90's black metal again, or seek to create another Altars of Madness influenced album, their not going to create anything worth listening to.

We can expect another Blizzard Beasts styled album based on a few interviews.

Vajra

August 07, 2007, 02:03:39 PM
The important word is 'styled'

November 30, 2007, 03:12:37 AM
New songs...now with vocals

Apparently he has renamed the band 'Demonaz'

Upon first listen of the finished songs, it sounds like he's living out his Eurotrash rock star dreams.  Good for him.

The listening continues...