Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

April 08, 2005, 07:59:55 PM
I've never heard them, or of them. áSo what's the consensus, are they worth checking out? áTom from Celtic Frost seems to admire and respect them completely.

-taken from Celtic Frost.com:

...of 1349:

Dear Ravn

Hail to you, too. You must know that it is always a delight and an honour to read or hear from you. Yes, me and the guys are doing fine, and I hope the same can be said about 1349. You, and 1349, are a constant presence here at our rehearsal studio. Not only do we have your pictures and articles hanging on our walls, but you and your visit are also often a topic of our conversations.

The work on this new CF album has been exceptionally intricate, much more so than any of us anticipated when we began. And we anticipated a lot. That is not a negative nor despondent comment by any means, and we certainly weren't na´ve about it either when we began. We always knew it would be a major challenge to re-envision CF in a way, shape and form which would be as close as possible to what we and the fans love about the band and which would, at the same time, be able to subsist in a modern world. To get to the point where we are now has been the most powerful, demanding, inventive and emotional experience in my entire artistic career. It has been utterly dark, personally draining, exhausting, intoxicating, and fascinating, and it has made the friendship between Martin and me closer and more creatively active than it has ever been. And that is a very significant, given the duration and happenings events of our alliance. My respect for Martin has soared to heights I never knew existed. He has always been a most significant and venerated guiding light in my musical and spiritual world, but he has risen to be a person I humbly and sincerely revere.

And could we have made a true (and "true" is a key word in this context) CF album without any of these experiences? I doubt it. To be as dark and deep as our classic albums have been, CF album songwriting and rehearsal sessions must be sustained by an aura that is radical, demanding, probing and defiant. None of this was contrived, mind you. It is all real, and, often, completely spontaneous. But it is happening, almost by provenience, and it is as inspiring as it is intimidating. For better or for worse, we are creating something truly out of the ordinary here. Or maybe it has taken us over, has instrumentalized us.

Whether we manage to make it possible for our audience to understand what all of this means, and whether they will be able to connect to it, remains to be seen. We believe we have exposed, or rather procreated, disinterred, the urgency and anguish inherent the original creativity common to all genuine CF music. It is no longer possible to be truly pioneering. But it is and will always be possible to be courageous, daring, radical and original. As a matter of fact, I have always believed these are the most crucial requirements for anybody calling themselves an "artist".

And even in the short few weeks since you have been here in Switzerland to listen to our new material (a second ago when compared to the many months we have been contemplating this project), our music has matured and changed drastically. You then said "you will drown the world in heaviness". Never has this been more true.

More soon, my friend. Please don't forget to extend my sincere greetings to Frost and all in 1349.

Tom

Re: 1349
April 08, 2005, 08:33:48 PM
Generic generic generic.

April 09, 2005, 07:51:22 AM
Boring.

April 11, 2005, 05:00:49 PM
1349 are uninspired crap.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

November 20, 2005, 07:27:38 PM
1349 fucking rule and fuck any one who said any thing about them there don't know any thing there are just cunts
the irish are African-Americans

November 20, 2005, 09:50:36 PM
1349 fucking rule and fuck any one who said any thing about them there don't know any thing there are just cunts

You're not doing 1349 any good with this post.

November 21, 2005, 06:11:28 AM
I'll have to agree with the above posts, don't bother checking them out, more or less generic crap.  :P

November 22, 2005, 06:02:45 PM
I saw 1349 a couple of years ago with Red Harvest and some old Death Metal band from Norway beginning with the letter A (I could be wrong).

At the beginning of the set, one of the other dudes and Frost stood at the front of the stage and blew fire like fire breathers from a circus. Throughout, the vocalist kept reaching up to the sky like a man possessed. Afterwards, the really short band member was sitting at the merchandise stall wearing some kind of net jumper, badly daubed corpse paint running from his eyes like the mascara of a goth girl who's had an argument with her tall, skinny, nail varnished boyfriend. My friend and I kept laughing at the sight of him. He didn't seem very happy about it.

I'm going to see 1349 and Gorgoroth later this week. I expect it to be crap, however I can get in free. I'm not going to be wearing a black band tee shirt as I am not a Metal drone. The burgers served outside are good. Last time I was at this particular venue, I gave a pound coin to a tramp sat on the pavement against a wall, beyond a line of seemingly infinite university students lining up for a night of pseudo rock'n'roll disco and drinks offers being hosted above the gig room. I asked him if he was a heroin addict but he assured me my money was to be well spent on booze; confirming this with the overwelming stench of strong lager emitting from his clothes and breath. It was a cold night and he looked like he needed a break.

Annihilaytorr

November 26, 2005, 02:12:54 AM
The art of trolling. 666

November 28, 2005, 04:26:15 AM
Older 1349 is ok, saw the new video, and it seems that they went from a Darkthrone influence to a Marduk influence. Not groundbreaking, but I think they're a decent listen...

November 28, 2005, 05:24:16 AM
Older 1349 is ok, saw the new video, and it seems that they went from a Darkthrone influence to a Marduk influence. Not groundbreaking, but I think they're a decent listen...

Have Liberation and BtA.  Well played but derivative.  Reminds me somewhat of older Dark Funeral, very well played but nothing too original.  Some riffs are reminiscent of a late 80's thrash band I can't quite place.  Frost's performance is quite impressive on BtA, IMO.