Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Man Gets Sick Benefits for Heavy Metal Addiction

Man gets sick benefits for heavy metal addiction

A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metal lover to supplement his income with state benefits.

Roger Tullgren, 42, from Hässleholm in southern Sweden has just started working part time as a dishwasher at a local restaurant.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary. His new boss meanwhile has given him a special dispensation to play loud music at work.

"I have been trying for ten years to get this classified as a handicap," Tullgren told The Local.

Full Story

Is that you Alexis?

It just sounds like a man who claims to be disabled because he isn’t responsible, somewhat pathetic.

That's just fucking insulting; since when is listening to metal a disability?

I love it when real news out-parodies The Onion
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

I love it when real news out-parodies The Onion

Funny, that's exactly what Chuck Shepherd (News of the Weird) said re: this story.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary.

Smart Hessians will claim this is a cultural choice being classified as a disability, and not a disability.

The Hessian movement needs to stop slackin'

Fucking disgrace.

i bet he has Nyamphetamyne in his collection

Maybe this case is extreme, but I actually believe that Hessianism should be protected by EEO laws just like any other creed or religion. "No, Mr. Supervisor, I will not cut my hair or wear anything other than Morbid Angel and Slayer shirts to work. Fuck off!"

Well Sweden is trying very hard right now to be a very liberal state, and I guess because of the large percent of metal follows in there made it seem more like a cultural choice.

If this guy who wants sick benefits for his metal "addiction" was really passionate about metal then why isn't he actively supporting metal? He could work in the metal-industry, even if he's a complete moron he could still collect the empty beer glasses at concerts.

It seems to me he's just a metal-consumer, I can still respect him for that but it doesn't give him any special rights. If he was really supportive of metal he would be doing volunteers work and getting welfare on the side. Instead he gives metalheads a bad name in one of the worst conceivable ways. Neither metal nor society needs people like that.

right thats it. im going down to social welfare tommorow. show them my tattos and start screaming blooddy gore at them.

i want benefits for metal two.
btw can i have a drumkit aswell?
SO LET'S SING VOLUMES FOR THE SOULS THAT AREN'T FOR SALE
INDEED LATELY THERES BEEN HELL HOUNDS ON MY TRAIL"

Holsis Yolswa
My resonant name at the point of death.
Smart Enough?

That's terrible. Like any other disease (AIDS, Syphillus, Cancer, Avain Flu), they will eventually find a "cure" for this as well. Fucking liberalites policing everyone, that's what it is!
Signature: Something I didn't sign up for but found inherently true.