Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Death Metal and Black Metal Wiki

Re: Death Metal and Black Metal Wiki
July 11, 2007, 12:08:11 AM
Just done a Sodom page. http://wiki.hessian.org/index.php?title=Sodom#External_links

And i fixed a problem with the external links for the Gorgoroth page.

EDIT

I was also reading the Venom one and its very well done.

http://wiki.hessian.org/index.php?title=Venom

July 11, 2007, 08:20:10 AM
Entry for Poland done:
http://wiki.hessian.org/index.php?title=Poland

Not much here; will research metal history and update. However, I wonder to what extent should globally lesser known though influential bands be covered - I'd mention some seminal Polish heavy metal, but wouldn't want to act contrarily to any overall policy.
Writing "synthetic" articles like this one instead of band info might seem like rushing it, but I believe that several entries on national scenes coupled with info on musico-historical background, the sort of subjective stuff that wikipedophiles call "original research" and promptly, would do nicely.

Septicemia

July 11, 2007, 10:34:03 AM
It would be cool if everyone who completes a page creates a link,

Krieg wiki

The Abyss wiki

July 11, 2007, 02:47:50 PM
Oh jeez...

Well, if we're going to brag about our "contributions"

http://wiki.hessian.org/index.php?title=Beherit

contributed by me, not that I expect this to be the final version.

But I think this "look what I did" stuff will lead to ego-boosting. And it also makes it look too much like the wiki is a "friends-project" of this forum and not an open project for all who have internet.

When I visit the wiki I can see on the main-page if any bands have been started on and I can see in the recent changes if anything else has happened. Please only post links to specific pages of the wiki here if you are looking for assistance, otherwise what's the point other than shameless self-congratulating? If you make a contribution it is appreciated but a wiki is never "completed" like Kontinual suggested, there will always be changes and edits and do we need to post about those too? If the original creators of this wiki don't agree with my viewpoints then they are encouraged to contact me about it either in pm or here.

Divus_de_Mortuus

July 11, 2007, 04:55:45 PM
Starter page for Sarcofago added.

Sarcofago wiki

Divus_de_Mortuus

July 11, 2007, 05:16:44 PM
Starter page for Autopsy added.

Autopsy wiki

Divus_de_Mortuus

July 11, 2007, 06:05:31 PM
Starter page for Death added.

Death wiki

July 11, 2007, 08:10:14 PM
I have overhauled the At the Gates page for greater clarity.

July 11, 2007, 09:23:14 PM
I have overhauled the At the Gates page for greater clarity.

I like this style - concise, well articulated and necessary history.  

Unfortunately, not every band lends itself so neatly to this treatment, but no harm in attempting it.

July 11, 2007, 09:49:13 PM

I like this style - concise, well articulated and necessary history.  

Unfortunately, not every band lends itself so neatly to this treatment, but no harm in attempting it.

Probably true.  That said, all I really did was re-phrase the existing entry for concision and emphasis.  I think there's a potential for useful collaborations here - and I think it would behoove us to take advantage of the fact that we have people with considerable knowledge of the details of this history, but also people who are perhaps more able to organize that history into useful entries.

July 11, 2007, 11:30:31 PM
Yes, the At the Gates entry is much improved now and makes an excellent model for other entries to follow.

I'm not sure I agree with the direction of the Death page though.

If you want this project to have any sort of academic credibility to outside viewers, it would be wise to leave out any attempts at humor and/or trolling.

July 12, 2007, 04:53:25 AM
I can't be bothered reading through this thread, I have other ways to spend my time.

But I will ask; is this strictly confined to the core ANUS bands or are other ideas and perspectives on overlooked Metal genres appreciated? (And no I don't mean to ask 'Can I please add Forgotten Wolves or some other forgotten Black Metal band?').

I am thinking more of the realization of the heroic values and romantic thoughts in dare I say it, the "non-ANUS" genres of Metal.

Is this forbidden by the devoted trustees that lurk in these parts?