Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Death Metal and Black Metal Wiki

Re: Death Metal and Black Metal Wiki
September 13, 2007, 05:23:37 AM
History of black metal starter page added. Or maybe it can serve as some timeline, I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I'll try to continue it later.

Raise_the_Dead

September 14, 2007, 02:32:57 PM
Death metal page up.  More knowledgable contributions appreciated!

September 14, 2007, 07:54:27 PM
I added a second paragraph to the Black Sabbath page about what sets them apart and makes them important to the metal discussed on this page.  As far as band background, I don't think we need anymore than this for the purposes of this page in regards to Black Sabbath, unless someone wants to add something in the vein of philisophical explanations of the bands sound.  

Septicemia

September 14, 2007, 08:06:20 PM
I'll try to start getting back into the habit of working on the band-pages; I've been a bit preoccupied as of late. I would also urge, like others, for any intelligent contributors to this forum to help at least fill out the band pages' summary/history. With a lot of user input, this wiki could grow to be a dynamic pillar of the DLA.

September 15, 2007, 01:47:05 AM
I think the biggest help at this point would be just having some blank form-templates copy/pasted into the various pages.

For me at least, the formatting is a much higher hurdle to clear than the actual writing of content.

September 15, 2007, 09:21:12 AM
I think the biggest help at this point would be just having some blank form-templates copy/pasted into the various pages.

For me at least, the formatting is a much higher hurdle to clear than the actual writing of content.

Not a bad point ; not everyone on this earth has already participated to Wikipedo or other wiki-based projects. Formatting isn't really obvious for a newcomer. Having some rules for formatting would also be good for the site.

September 15, 2007, 12:34:21 PM

Not a bad point ; not everyone on this earth has already participated to Wikipedo or other wiki-based projects. Formatting isn't really obvious for a newcomer. Having some rules for formatting would also be good for the site.

The FAQ has some very basic formatting "rules" but needs elaboration.  Anything that comes up here can be added to it.

September 15, 2007, 03:51:11 PM
I would like to see the Absurd page contain something other than an attempt at humor with "Heil Hitler".

September 15, 2007, 05:47:12 PM
I would like to see the Absurd page contain something other than an attempt at humor with "Heil Hitler".

Well you can always remove that if you want.

And if I go on that page and see that you haven't removed it, then I will do it myself.   No offense to the man being heiled.

September 15, 2007, 07:30:57 PM

Well you can always remove that if you want.

And if I go on that page and see that you haven't removed it, then I will do it myself.   No offense to the man being heiled.

Indeed.  The power to actively fight idiocy should be a useful motivator for the wiki.

September 15, 2007, 09:34:24 PM
I took your advice and deleted the entry. I went to add an entry but I felt it was a better idea to post two links to external sites' pages about the band rather than just have myself summarize what they said. If anyone can add to it, please do so.

EDIT: I now see that someone just deleted all on the Absurd page all together. Perhaps that is better than just external links.

September 21, 2007, 04:34:50 AM
Ok, I started making albums pages and pages for years, as well as linking bands and pages here and there to other pages when ever names and genres and such come up.

I think a good idea that should be put to work is when making album pages, don't just make the name of the page the album's title, but add the "(album}" suffix, as not to confuse album names with band names.

The years on the albums come from DLA, so they may be wrong. I have only done 1992 so far, and it is in need of much work. Mostly I just wanted to get the ball rolling on certain things.

Septicemia

October 07, 2007, 01:13:51 PM
I just finished an Asphyx page with a lengthy band history, and a few weeks ago I completed Necrovore and Acerbus pages.

I only bring this up here because it looks like contributions have, once again, ceased.

Raise_the_Dead

November 23, 2007, 10:44:53 PM
I am now doing pages for guitar techniques:

http://wiki.hessian.org/index.php?title=Playing_techniques

Also: I feel that this thread should be stickied if we do not want this project to be forgotten.

December 08, 2007, 01:14:35 PM
I think we should encourage people to add their bands, like Hesychasm.