Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Underrated albums?

Re: Underrated albums?
July 16, 2005, 03:54:34 AM
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

It's probably been mentioned in this thread, and its not too unknown, but it definitely doesn't get enough credit. One of my favorite albums ever.

July 16, 2005, 07:59:10 AM
Darkthrone's  GOATLORD

Nobody speaks usually of this rehearsal with later added voices, and I find it amazing; one of darkthrone's best works.

July 16, 2005, 02:12:12 PM
I'm too lazy to go back and check, but I was praising "Goatlord" earlier in this thread. I think it's their fourth best album, behind TH, UAFM, and SJ. You can't listen to "Green Cave Float" and not get goosebumps.

Tyr

July 20, 2005, 10:41:41 AM
Pathos - Perdition Splits the Skies

www.myspace.com/pathos <-- 4 or 5 mp3 for anyone who is unfamiliar with Pathos.

July 29, 2005, 05:17:35 PM
Not enough people talk about Godflesh. 'We're not like other bands, BECAUSE WE HATE THE HUMAN RACE.'

July 29, 2005, 05:38:51 PM
Streetcleaner is incredible. I honestly don't listen to it enough, probably because of the character of the album, kind of really "down".

Annihilaytorr

August 02, 2005, 04:02:41 AM
Repulsion - seldom if ever are they mentioned, this band is foundational to Grindcore and Death Metal.

Vulcano - earlier then most other bands from South America they played a primative Death Metal attack that formed the building blocks for the Brazilian scene. Brazils Death.

Holocausto - It is beyond me why this band lives in Sarcofago's shadow.

Brazilian metal in general apart from Sarcofago and  (the hugely over rated)Sepultura.

August 02, 2005, 03:13:54 PM
Morbid Visions by Sepultura is underrated, most people concentrate on Beneath of The Remains and Arise.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

August 02, 2005, 03:16:29 PM
Darkthrone's  GOATLORD

Nobody speaks usually of this rehearsal with later added voices, and I find it amazing; one of darkthrone's best works.

It is one of my favourite albums by Darkthrone. It has something that neither Darkthrone managed to capture elsewhere, nor any other band on any other album. By the way did you notice that songs on UAFM are composed of bits of songs from Goatlord.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

August 03, 2005, 11:52:37 PM
Can someone summarize this thread into a page of names so we don't have to read through seven pages of discussion?

August 31, 2007, 05:59:42 PM
limbonic art - moon in scorpio
dawn - Nær Solen Gar Nider For Evogher
lugubrum - winterstones
Moonsorrow - Verisaket
Gehenna - WW

maybe a bit disjointed, but none the less...

Het Venijn zit in den Staart

K

August 31, 2007, 09:10:54 PM
The dawn album gets recognition from the DLA, its a good album, but I don't think its under-rated.

One I think is under-rated was the first release by the Covenant. their current incarnation is dreadful which would understandably turn away most intelligent metal-heads. I'm not too sure what year it came out 94/95?

another one I think is the first Endstille album; operation wintersturm, but then again it came in the post 2000 era where nothing is really expected from black metal anymore. It wasn't great, but it was really good, and hard to come by unless your in Germany.

September 01, 2007, 09:33:28 PM
Lugubrum - Winterstones
Pretty good album

Zaraza - Slavic Blasphemy
The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit.