Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal mailbag

Re: Metal mailbag
August 17, 2007, 07:12:40 PM
Do you really think taking advice from "Roots" is a wise idea?

August 18, 2007, 02:01:10 PM
What should a Hessian do with his/her life?

I imagine: live by Hessian principles.

August 20, 2007, 02:21:20 PM
Do you really think taking advice from "Roots" is a wise idea?

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with his blood. Write with blood, and you will find that blood is spirit"
Friedrich Nietzsche

August 20, 2007, 03:16:36 PM
So how is a record written to capitalize on a trend 'written in blood'?

August 20, 2007, 05:30:33 PM
Well, I'm only 17 and the only thing I should be focusing on is school (although parents and peers are influencing me to work at Micky D's and start driving). As for the hessian way of life, I, as a musician, vow to write the best music I can write (at least this is the best thing I can do now). When I am on my own, however, I'll take the advice and live pragmatically and start learning to profit from cleverness and the weak.

August 21, 2007, 12:51:53 AM
i posted that nietzsche quote because it captures what i like about Sepultura... their music appears more meaningful, more lived, than most metal Ive come across, which is often about suffering that has probably never been lived. Furthermore, I feel that sepultura is closer to the traditional and therefore hessian [?] way of life than, again, most metal. They sing about tribes that actually still exist and dont just dream about "those times when i rode through the forest of old"

back to the topic: personally i am building a career in the environmental field. 'Am studying philosophy and environmental politics and am working my way up various environmental groups in my city.

I think the thing to do when one is still young, is have friends in as many circles as possible and see what kind of lives these people live, especially if they are older.

August 21, 2007, 01:24:44 AM
While tough to pull off. This is one of the few ways to escape taxation, 9-5 boredom, and just capitalism in general. Also, it will give plenty of time to volunteer with organizations you support.

http://www.freegan.info/

August 21, 2007, 11:11:26 PM
While tough to pull off. This is one of the few ways to escape taxation, 9-5 boredom, and just capitalism in general. Also, it will give plenty of time to volunteer with organizations you support.

No, fucking please, no, I've had too much of these people.

You are not effective this way. You are merely a drop-out, ineffective, like the hippies before you.

*** stupid idea ***

August 22, 2007, 01:02:48 AM
i posted that nietzsche quote because it captures what i like about Sepultura... their music appears more meaningful, more lived, than most metal Ive come across, which is often about suffering that has probably never been lived. Furthermore, I feel that sepultura is closer to the traditional and therefore hessian [?] way of life than, again, most metal. They sing about tribes that actually still exist and dont just dream about "those times when i rode through the forest of old"

You mean 'was'. Sepultura are rubbish now and have none of that spark left in them. Not least with their wannabe-rasta front man.

August 22, 2007, 07:04:52 PM
On the freegan thing -  while freeganism as an ideology is not workable and suffocatingly moral, it IS true that you can find a lot in the trash. Honestly, good food, furniture, all sorts of shit. And it can be fun, too.

Seperate it from it's political context and recognize scavenging as what it is: a tactic.

August 23, 2007, 08:00:43 AM

sweet ..
but its the pride that hurts

August 23, 2007, 11:39:03 PM

You mean 'was'. Sepultura are rubbish now and have none of that spark left in them. Not least with their wannabe-rasta front man.

correct. was. alas, that is something we are all too familiar with.

August 24, 2007, 09:33:56 AM
how about becoming a jurist?
I'd like to research on the legal systems/jurisprudence of the ancient/tribal societies. I guess law is highly  reflective of society.
But will that be a job I know not.

My advise -is -really dont try that, all people I have known who went this path changed horribly. Maybe (or lets say surely) there was something rotten inside them before, but still this stuff brought the worst of those people.  

August 24, 2007, 01:43:45 PM
law is rotten because of the politics of modern world and the law makers but you gotta know your enemy to destroy it from the inside eh ? Besides laws are made to be broken. If not, why would there be lawyers?

August 25, 2007, 11:01:22 AM
Jesus Christ, people, don't dodge the obvious. Take on any career that will bring you power and use that power well. If the career corrupts you... your will was weak, and you need to submit to people with stronger will for passive anal intercourse. You probably will, too, when you realize that at age 41.