Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Death to all hipsters

Death to all hipsters
July 29, 2007, 07:11:44 PM
All they do is trade off conversational tokens they think make them look cool. "Is X a semiotically irridentist black metal band? No, try Y... they are a deontologically aphasic black metal band... that's the real shit, man."

And the rest of the time they talk about what they've bought, what they're listening to, how rare their collections are... anything but what really matters, which is how much did they understand the music? or the people behind it? do they get it? I say almost none do, and not surprisingly, the longest I can keep listening to any "new" black metal album is about 72 hours.

Fucking hipsters are the lowest class of mankind. They are like sudras of the spirit, even if they pretend to be Kings.

KingPeasant at whakk metal communism UK (bmcouk)

Divus_de_Mortuus

Re: Death to all hipsters
July 29, 2007, 09:29:04 PM
Suicidal black metal still seems popular in those circles, as is Deathspell Omega, but one band that is entirely absent from the hipster radar anymore(after a lengthy and devastating campaign from places like this site) is Nargaroth. These bands and these people can be destroyed.

Vajra

July 30, 2007, 05:40:39 PM
I wonder how interested in Metal they would be if the internet just shut down.

July 30, 2007, 06:54:18 PM
I'm long since bored of hipsters.co.uk, the odd 'good' discussion was interrupted by morons whom had equal 'right' to post inane/irrelevant crap.

Add to that, I'm not listening to as much metal these days. Metalheads are failures and I don't want to be dragged down on a sinking ship. I've only listened to two metal albums in the last month, DMDS and Mutiilation's Remains... The classics are the ones standing the test of time: it may sound obvious but it is proving to be true.

Not to fellate the ego of this forum's users but I'm glad to be without the latest Pink Frothy AIDS hairstyle topic.

July 31, 2007, 11:36:47 PM
What do you listen to then. I've been moving away from metal myself too. I've been listening to a lot of EBM/Industrial music. I think this is the only genre that's still making good music. A good portion of these bands and their fans have the metal spirit. Although a lot of is more punk inspired than metal inspired, the music is still decent and their is musical talent in the musicians. This genre will probably usurp metal. Well, it might have already, this genre is still mostly underground. Well at least in the states. I know this genre is pretty popular in Europe.

August 01, 2007, 12:50:29 AM
I've been listening to a lot of EBM/Industrial music. I think this is the only genre that's still making good music. A good portion of these bands and their fans have the metal spirit.

I agree but there's fewer bands in that genre with the spirit than there were in metal during its vital years, so I've moved on to classical music, which exhibits the metal spirit in purity and clarity.

August 01, 2007, 07:21:06 PM
Neofolk is a very interesting and relatively new form of music to look into, started by Sol Invictus and Death in June in the late 80's and since has spawned a large number of other artists throughout Europe. I enjoy it for its empiricist attitude and open dislike of techno-society.

August 01, 2007, 08:03:23 PM
What do you listen to then. I've been moving away from metal myself too. I've been listening to a lot of EBM/Industrial music. I think this is the only genre that's still making good music.

I've mainly been listening to classical recently. Indulged myself by buying a Pavarotti CD, I'd certainly recommend for people to download him. However, much time has been spent listening to Beethoven's 1st & 3rd as well as Orff's Carmina Burana. Classical is always a pleasant change from metal and doesn't tend to attract morons, though fewer people are able to talk about it; "I like that one by uhhh... Mozzart" (pronouncing it like I've spelt it)

I enjoy some EBM/Industrial where I can listen to it or enjoy it when I'm out but (currently) not enough to buy it.

August 03, 2007, 03:00:56 PM
Ebm/Industrial?
In Europe this genre is often asociated with so called goth scene ( but you must remember that european gothic is something different than american) and share all failings with it.
Fans?
Same as in metal. Scene creates them, not thoughts. They rather follow trends than message in music itself.
I think that many people here likes this music because this is something exotic for them, but sometimes, when you know environment of music  and what creates it, you began to understand its ordinarity.

LEGION

August 05, 2007, 07:55:48 AM

August 05, 2007, 08:29:06 AM
Best.response.ever. bwahaaahahahahahaah
THis is worse than goatse could ever be

August 05, 2007, 05:10:10 PM
Assuming he is a significant figure, who's the fellow sitting next to Shuldiner?

August 05, 2007, 07:08:23 PM

I can assure you that the hipster classical crowd is not only common, but perhaps the most annoying. Adults of course attend classical concerts mostly "for digestive purposes", but teens interested in the art form are generally low quality people with the skill to play but not communicate. These people miss the point. Or, they are completely inept/ignorant musically, and yet speak endlessly of the stylistic phases of Stravinsky, or the revolutionary nature of Beethoven's ninth symphony, or the supremacy of Karajan's conducting...

Sounds a lot like people on this board actually. These people are shit heads.

I haven't met too many people that enjoy classical music to the point where they can talk about it. I know people that can play classical music and will listen to but they never really seem interested in talking about it. They tend to focus the latest trendy bland. Perhaps parental pressure was enough to get them playing but they don't appreciate what they are playing.

I'd even welcome a pseudo-intellectual discussion about LVB and HVK if it means I don't have to talk to them about afore mentioned blands... or their latest liberal rant. I understand your sentiment and it is what irritates me about the most metal fans but I'm fairly sick of talking about metal.

August 05, 2007, 07:16:39 PM
In Europe this genre is often asociated with so called goth scene ( but you must remember that european gothic is something different than american) and share all failings with it.

All mainstream music shares the same failings.

Metal is part Goth.

Some industrial/electronic/ebm acts are quite intelligent, although most have some if not all of the failings of mainstream music. Kraftwerk, Wolfsheim and VNV Nation come to mind.

August 14, 2007, 05:40:12 PM
Metal is part goth.
Goth in what meaning?
Like gothic literature or gothic music?
Because all significant metal bands were long ago playing when gothic rock started.
Carefull with claims like that...I've heard too many times that black metal is "hardcore goth".

VNV Nation?Please...Some countries just drown in this shit. Like I just said it's just exotic and it's going to fade away quickly.