Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS/Corrupt Hessian Meetings in NYC

ANUS/Corrupt Hessian Meetings in NYC
August 09, 2007, 10:52:37 PM
We are hoping to have a few more Hessians join us to attend a performance of Mozart's "Requiem" at 8pm on Friday, August 24th at the Lincoln Center in New York City. Third tier seats cost $35. There will also be a free performance of traditional Chinese music at the plaza an hour before the concert. If we are able to gather enough attendees, perhaps an earlier meeting will be considered, to allow for some socialization.

Hessian attire is mandatory: younger persons seldom attend these events, and it would worthwhile to bridge the connection between metal and classical for those generations who dismiss the former as "noise". Causing moral outrage among yuppies is an added bonus.

We ARE the intellectual and spiritual elite; society is on the cusp of recognizing the fact that it is the peculiar, iconoclastic spirit that has maintained high culture.

Re: ANUS Meeting: Mostly Mozart Festival
August 09, 2007, 11:32:12 PM
Wow, I was in NYC a week ago. I surely would have been there.

I hope this event turns out well for all attending.

August 10, 2007, 01:43:32 AM
Information and ticket sales may be found here: http://www.lincolncenter.org/

August 10, 2007, 06:52:16 AM
Will there be a review of the event ?

August 10, 2007, 12:25:19 PM
That's fucking awesome. Show New York the way Hessians do things.

August 10, 2007, 01:42:47 PM
...and if you plan to become a permanent NYC hessian group, we offer free space at hessian.org and are able to promote you via public press releases etc. Contact us via anus.com/mock for more information.

August 10, 2007, 03:07:10 PM
Will there be a review of the event ?

Most certainly!

Here is a complete list of what is being performed that night:

Ginastera:   Hieremiae prophetae lamentationes ("The Lamentations of Jeremiah")
Lotti:  Crucifixus
Grau:  Stabat Mater
Fonseca:  Jubiabá
Grau:  Confitemini Domino
Bilbao:  La Fiesta de San Juan
Mozart:  Requiem, K.626

Is anyone familiar with the South American composers?

August 10, 2007, 05:33:55 PM
This saddens me. I regularly attend performances of this sort, I even head down to the local Catholic cathedral to hear music played at spacial events (such as the Saint John Passion during easter) yet i live in a country where there are plenty of metal-heads, but no Hessians.

August 10, 2007, 11:32:10 PM
This sounds good; I'm there.

August 13, 2007, 01:34:12 AM
...and if you plan to become a permanent NYC hessian group, we offer free space at hessian.org and are able to promote you via public press releases etc. Contact us via anus.com/mock for more information.

While many of us may be from the NYC metro area, most of us are not actual residents of the city itself.  The topic should be brought up to be discussed by the group.  One of us is relocating to an area not far from NYC, but is obviously not qualified to act for the actual city itself.

A few of us attempted an abortive attempt to create a New England/NY Metro ANUS-CORRUPT group last year.  There has been much discussion but little other than talk has been accomplished so far.

August 13, 2007, 05:57:35 PM
From what I hear, third tier tickets have sold out. Second tier tickets are $50; the payoff, of course, is that you're closer to the source.

Next time around, I will be sure to announce these events far in advance. It's much cheaper to buy tickets at a group rate--that is, if we can gather enough interest to accomplish this. New York is a large city, yet oddly enough communication appears to break down in transit...

Septicemia

August 13, 2007, 06:26:04 PM
Next time around, I will be sure to announce these events far in advance. It's much cheaper to buy tickets at a group rate--that is, if we can gather enough interest to accomplish this. New York is a large city, yet oddly enough communication appears to break down in transit...

Could think about the upcoming Averse Sefira/Immolation tour next February...

August 13, 2007, 06:40:34 PM
Ah, so this IS actually being planned!? I was about to ask Wrath about this at the concert with 1492, but was unable to do so...

[Off topic] Is it just me, or would the experience of both bands in one sitting render itself with greater impact than either one alone? Averse Sefira is very open about the inspiration they draw from early Immolation; it seems as if they've chanced upon a very closely related thread that originates from the same essence, albeit filtered through a black metal aesthetic. [/Off topic]

Septicemia

August 13, 2007, 08:53:37 PM
Lucifer Over America Tour 2008

According to the tour dates on Averse Sefira's Myspace, (not listed on their website, curiously) the tour is headed by Rotting Christ, supported by Averse Sefira, Belphegor, and Immolation. Of the dates that have been thus far confirmed, these seem to be the ideal shows (given the past distribution of events of this sort):

New England dates:
Feb. 06 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre
Feb. 07 - Rochester, NY @ Penny Arcade
Feb. 08 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
Feb. 09 - Bedford, NH @ Mark's Place
Feb. 10 - New York City, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club @ Grill
--
Texas dates:
Feb. 29 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
Mar. 01 - Mc Allen, TX @ Cine El Rey
Mar. 02 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
(the rest can be found on the above myspace)

I'm not sure about anyone else in the NE area, but I'm gonna try to make it to one or more of the NY dates, and the NH date (if everything works out for me, at least). Would probably be best to survey people interested and determine the most appropriate NY show, if this happening.