Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Atheist - Piece of Time/Unquestionable Presence

I have a strong suspicion that itís a bootleg. 10 copies in stock? Come onÖ

While on the subject, has anyone got a confirmation or an idea of which label will officially re-issue Unquestionable Presence?

I found Unquestionable Presence to be far superior to Piece of Time, but they are both great.  I'm kicking myself for not picking up that copy of Unquestionable Presence when all the Harmony Houses nearby closed down.  I managed to get Piece of Time for $5, however.

from my understanding all of the "double feature" atheist cds are bootlegs. however, i have my copies of piece of time and unquestionable presence... do you have yours??

(note: for those wanting to find the real deal, piece of time was rereleased and isn't that hard to find, and unquestionable presence is often on ebay for not as outrageous prices as say... mutiilation or ildjarn disks.)

I just heard Athesit recently. Incredible band.

I found Unquestionable Presence to be far superior to Piece of Time, but they are both great.

The re-releases are somewhat cheesy, but you can hear the music and they're easy to get ahold of. My only piece of advice: avoid that garbage festival "Elements." The first two Atheist albums are gold, but the third is moronic trash.

The re-releases are somewhat cheesy, but you can hear the music and they're easy to get ahold of.

Why get crappy reissues when the originals are increasingly easy to find?

If I recall correctly there was a flood of them on Amazon recently.

The first two Atheist albums are gold, but the third is moronic trash.

It's easy to hear that they were forced to record it, rather than inspired to record it.

Relapse did re-releases last year which should be easy to get. I haven't heard them though, did they fuck with the sound or just add on bonus tracks?

If you don't own it already, the re-issue of Unquestionable presence would probably be worth obtaining as it contains pre-production demos featuring the original bassist Roger Patterson.

Patterson was a vital piece to the atheist puzzle, and when he died, the band had a really hard time finding a replacement. I own the re-release and would recommend it for those extra demos and studio tracks at the end.

If you don't own it already, the re-issue of Unquestionable presence would probably be worth obtaining as it contains pre-production demos featuring the original bassist Roger Patterson.

That's the importance of the reissue, besides the fact this album is widely available again for many ppl like me that have not an original. The reissue features SIX tracks! (out of 8 of the original release) with Roger Patterson plus 1 demo track, 1 rythm track and 1 drum & bass track.

I don't think it's remastered or at least I can't apreciate differences with the mp3 I had previously, except the differences that could be caused, at first, by the fact of being mp3. I  haven't seen anywhere in the CD this is a remastered version...
I believe admin says it's somewhat cheesy for other reasons, but I don't know really.

http://smcrecords.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&for_seller=SMCRECORDS&referred_by=SMCRECORDS&a_refno=GML688072833

Some guy in Greece selling the 2CD.

Btw, shouldn't this be posted in the News section (old Atheist thread ) or in the Market section?

The re-release of Piece of Time is definitely louder than the pressing on Active.

The Relapse re-issues contain more content (liner notes written by select media/band members, added demo tracks/live recordings, and some classic band photos), sound great to my ears, and are significantly less expensive than any of the previous Atheist pressings.

As others have said, the first two Atheist records are totally worth the cash, but the third album is understandably half-baked since its existence is entirely due to a contract stipulation.

The Relapse re-issues contain more content (liner notes written by select media/band members, added demo tracks/live recordings, and some classic band photos), sound great to my ears, and are significantly less expensive than any of the previous Atheist pressings.

Great, I might have to pursue them. I bought the vinyl set which contained bugger all in the way of extras, packaging and liner notes.

The sound however was superb, and that's the most important thing.