Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Infester's influences?

Re: Infester's influences?
August 15, 2008, 05:21:26 PM
Did someone say Obituary? It's obvious that Obituary are the continuation of Celtic Frost and there is no Frost in Infester from what ive heard. So that's pretty far-fetched.

I think believe that some influences could have been the early works of bands like Incantation, Immolation, Mortician, Vital Remains and maybe even NYDM bands like Internal Bleeding, Pyrexia and Suffocation. We are talking real early stuff. Someone mentioned the Seattle Sludge/Doom scene and that might be true aswell. But judging from the artwork aesthetics I think the above mentioned bands could have been an obvious influence.

I have been trying to find informantion on this band for years. I even wrote Odin from Moribund a mail but didn't get much out of it. They did do something interviews for a couple of old zines. But I never had any luck tracking them down. I was in contact with a guy on the FMP board who had some old drawings and paintings done by the guy who did the artwork for "To the Depths... In Degradation" in his possession. But after promising to post some pictures he sadly disappeared.

A.

August 16, 2008, 05:07:50 AM
In a conversation with Dario (drummer - now in Drawn and Quartered), Nuclear Death came up enthusiastically as an influence, in addition to the obvious New York bands - especially Incantation.

August 16, 2008, 09:50:58 AM
Why was my post deleted?