Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

A very amazing thing happened to me the other day.

chrstphrbnntt

A very amazing thing happened to me the other day.
September 24, 2007, 11:18:42 PM
While taking a hike with some friends, we stopped for a break. Then I hear a huge fucking crack and look up—I was sitting on a log—and see the largest tree in the forest naturally fall down. It was thunderous. The ground must have shook for over a hundred feet. It wasn't a windy day. It was just the general labor of elements and time.

When a tree falls in a forest and a metalhead is there to hear it, it makes a very loud sound. What are some things that have happened to you as of late that struck a chord deep within you?

(NOTE: Sorry if this isn't the intended purpose of this forum.)

Re: A very amazing thing happened to me the other
September 24, 2007, 11:23:58 PM
While taking a hike with some friends, we stopped for a break. Then I hear a huge fucking crack and look up—I was sitting on a log—and see the largest tree in the forest naturally fall down. It was thunderous. The ground must have shook for over a hundred feet. It wasn't a windy day. It was just the general labor of elements and time.

When a tree falls in a forest and a metalhead is there to hear it, it makes a very loud sound. What are some things that have happened to you as of late that struck a chord deep within you?

(NOTE: Sorry if this isn't the intended purpose of this forum.)

It makes you wonder, when there is no metalhead to hear it/nobody to hear it, does it make any sound at all?

September 24, 2007, 11:30:46 PM
That sounds like it must have been a sight to witness, indeed. very cool.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

September 25, 2007, 09:58:27 AM
What are some things that have happened to you as of late that struck a chord deep within you?

Someone wrote a survey topic, and I barfed. Just kidding.

My uncle and his wife, who I like alot, just had their first child. I didn't think I would be as awestruck as I was.

I don't know how metal it is. "Spawn of the new legion, to exterminate the mediocre" doesn't rhyme but it's as close as I can get.

September 25, 2007, 12:53:55 PM
How much better my life would have been with the right connections/right schooling/right parents.

September 25, 2007, 01:22:08 PM
How much better my life would have been with the right connections/right schooling/right parents.

That path leads only to misery. We could have all had it better. Our parents could have had their shit together more. We could have been born slim, Nordic, with IQ of 175 and 12 inch dongs. Well, so what? Take what you have and make the best of it and move on. Feeling sorry for yourself and resenting others for being better born/richer will make you hate them and will turn you into a Crowdist, and eventually, through self-pity, make you hate yourself. Down that path lies nothing but chewing on used condoms and hipsterism.

September 25, 2007, 01:40:05 PM

That path leads only to misery. We could have all had it better. Our parents could have had their shit together more. We could have been born slim, Nordic, with IQ of 175 and 12 inch dongs. Well, so what? Take what you have and make the best of it and move on. Feeling sorry for yourself and resenting others for being better born/richer will make you hate them and will turn you into a Crowdist, and eventually, through self-pity, make you hate yourself. Down that path lies nothing but chewing on used condoms and hipsterism.

The thing is, I HAVE been making the best of it. I haven't resented anyone else, I've marvelled at how different upbringing to the same basic people changes them entirely. And I am convinced with an even greater conviction to keep going now than ever before. I WILL get into the throngs of power and influence, and I WILL make damn sure my children do as well.

September 26, 2007, 05:59:52 AM
My uncle and his wife, who I like alot, just had their first child. I didn't think I would be as awestruck as I was.

Any particular reason?

September 26, 2007, 11:43:05 AM
Down at a local river, wandered off into the bush and paused to take in the beauty of earth. Looking skyward I could see that the particular copse of trees I stood under had a lean to it. At some point one of the trees must have taken to growing at an angle, casting shadows on nearby trees. These trees have then begun growing at a similar angle to regain their sundered exposure to sunlight. Eventually after years the entire copse had taken on the angle of the first tree. In this I saw that life was it's own impetus to change. Viva la nihilism, et al.

A few nights ago I lost control of my car and rolled it into a ditch deep enough to swallow the car and have only the rear tyre protrude above ground level. As the car flipped the weight of the engine brought the bonnet down enough for the headlights to illuminate the storm water drain I was heading into. The milliseconds before impact were probably the purest I have ever lived. Nothing is more life affirming than a near death experience.

I recently purchased Under A Funeral Moon. Until then I had never read the lyrics. I suppose this is mundane considering the scope of this thread but I was, heartened by my rediscovery of the genius of the progenitors.

The sign of your horns
Is my dearest vision
They Impale all holy,
All holy and weak

You watch me face the mirror
And see desecration
With my art I am the fist
In the face of god
Rise Arjuna

September 28, 2007, 09:26:36 AM
SImply wandreing around at dusk listening to Burzum's Tomhet and noticing the stars come out one by one. A seminal moment.
In a state of permanent Abyss

AttheGates1996

you bunch of transcendentalist hippies... haha, only kidding. I, too, have had mysterious moments in nature... just simply gazing at a full moon gets me inspired... that sounded pretty gay. but perhaps one of the most enlightening moments was when my band was playing a show outside at night and right during the soft interlude that was about to get incredibly heavy i looked at the full moon and it reminded me of all the reasons i love metal. then all hell broke loose on the breakdown, hell yea