Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The last minority

The last minority
September 29, 2007, 01:00:07 PM
People bemoan our focus on external aspects of people that create divisions by race, gender, and weight gain, but they then use those same divisions to designate minorities.

Let's talk about the final minority: people who keep an eye on a grander vision of humanity. Quorthon was one. Varg was one. David Vincent was one, before he gave in to sodomy. Glen Benton was one, before he gave into cupcakes and beer. Obviously the guys from Massacra were, until they got run over by a speeding Renault. And then there's heroes from literature, like Josef Conrad, Thomas Stearns Eliot, Ernest Hemingway, William Burroughs, Thomas Hardy, Marcel Proust.... and from philosophy, our beloved Nietzsches and Platos and Aristotles and Kants and Schopenhauers.

In a world where just about everyone is focused on the karmic cycle:

1. Who am I
2. What can I consume
3. How important am I
4. How can I become more important

There are only a few thinking about the whole;
Only a few of those thinking about increasing the efficiency and design grace of the whole;
And only a few of those thinking about enhancing its overall beauty as a guide.

That's the final minority,and one we should celebrate here, instead of slighting so we can argue about whether Venom is more important than Bon Jovi (no).

Re: The last minority
September 29, 2007, 04:45:13 PM
The right question being:

"What am I to do?"

Divus_de_Mortuus

September 29, 2007, 05:09:09 PM
This post reeks of twisted morality and wishes to make metalism share the same victim mentality that "minorities" enjoy. Where oh where is the compost forum when you need it?

K

September 29, 2007, 06:05:46 PM
Where oh where is the compost forum when you need it?

I think this is the new compost, just with a pretty plastic daisy in front.

Raise_the_Dead

September 29, 2007, 07:18:20 PM
5. How have I been offended?

Detractors of ANUS (as well as quite a few metal forum users) are guilty of this one.

Divus_de_Mortuus

September 29, 2007, 09:36:25 PM
"maze of tolerance"

Brilliant.

September 30, 2007, 02:21:08 AM
The real question is:

Why do people still use megashitload for file storage?

September 30, 2007, 02:41:42 AM
I think this is the new compost, just with a pretty plastic daisy in front.

I guess that depends on those who use it, doesn't it?

Post stupid things and it becomes compost. Post great stuff and it's a great forum. Just like an empty field can have a parthenon built in it, or a toxic waste dump.

I think for example that people need to less confuse statements of the biological nature of people, with statements of their poor psychology, and spend more time using the latter to enhance the former.

September 30, 2007, 02:42:42 AM
The real question is:

Why do people still use megashitload for file storage?

The other sites keep falling down, aside from Rapidshare and Megaupload. It true, I don't know many file hosting sites but do you have something to suggest in terms of reliability?

chrstphrbnntt

September 30, 2007, 02:52:53 AM

The other sites keep falling down, aside from Rapidshare and Megaupload. It true, I don't know many file hosting sites but do you have something to suggest in terms of reliability?

divshare.com

Actually, I think my first post was a suggestion to use it instead. I've never had a divshare link expire on me, nor ever been capped by a limit.

K

September 30, 2007, 10:04:36 PM

Post stupid things and it becomes compost.

Your self linking ego has already done that.'chasm' is the pretty daisy.

Divus_de_Mortuus

September 30, 2007, 11:16:40 PM
What is born for bannings purpose here? No one buys into his crusade, or cares what he has to say. Why does he post here?

September 30, 2007, 11:33:18 PM
What is born for bannings purpose here? No one buys into his crusade, or cares what he has to say. Why does he post here?

Like you once said, he's probably some elaborate troll created for the amusement of the admins, like that X-tian Holocaust surely had to be ;)

Divus_de_Mortuus

October 01, 2007, 12:34:36 AM
Ah perhaps. If he is a form of entertainment, than he just might be what appears to be his own worst enemy.

October 01, 2007, 02:05:42 PM
Ah perhaps. If he is a form of entertainment, than he just might be what appears to be his own worst enemy.