Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Slow Paced Black-Metal

Re: Slow Paced Black-Metal
September 25, 2007, 10:17:21 AM
I was going to make the same kind of remark. Necromantia will never bore me, they obviously master the kind of music that doesn't need to be fast, loud or particularly demonstrative to grasp your attention. They manage to keep you into the music via simple elements presented in an absolutely coherent way, with a kind of serenity that immediately appeals to me. They're confident about what they do, and the songwriting as well as the way the songs are played show it more clearly than any number of demonstrations of power could. Who else could put atmospheric saxophone parts in a Black Metal song and keep it meaningful ? The saxophone of Necromantia is more confident in itself and meaningful than any number of hours of relentless and painful whining by Ad Hominem.

September 25, 2007, 12:14:47 PM

Speaking honestly from within your soul, how long is anyone going to really listen to this stuff? It's the simplistic candy of black metal, but slowed down to be different like hipsters at a science museum.

Or it actually has something unique and meaningful to say.

September 26, 2007, 02:46:07 PM
Samael anyone???

September 29, 2007, 02:24:10 PM

Speaking honestly from within your soul, how long is anyone going to really listen to this stuff? It's the simplistic candy of black metal, but slowed down to be different like hipsters at a science museum.

Manes 'Under Ein Blodraud Maane' is not candy and is pretty damn fine to boot. I'll assume you already know it but if you don't it comes highly reccomended.

October 04, 2007, 10:46:35 AM
something tells me that slow paced black metal is actually doom metal  ::) ;D