Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends

Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends
December 13, 2006, 01:49:48 AM
Tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of the Death frontman's AIDS related passing.

Don't forget to remind the simpering sheep of the metal community that Chuck was a traitor at every opportunity (and, it's a great way to promote the site in the process!).

Re: Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends
December 14, 2006, 05:25:12 AM
i still find this site bashes the man more then he deserves

December 14, 2006, 12:15:12 PM
everywhere else praises him more than he deserves though, this is a balancing act

plus only faggots get offended by stuff like this so it's win-win as far as i'm concerned

December 14, 2006, 08:22:41 PM
Note:

If you have trouble with "eugenic posting policy," we'll clear it up for you right now: posts with no informational value go away. It's not personal. You are not being judged. Your post is. We don't care and we do not hold it against you. We do it to everyone equally if they post crap. But we are not going to tolerate garbage that you're forcing others to read.

All questions -> the goddamn contact form

Annihilaytorr

December 14, 2006, 10:50:24 PM
To delete all the worthless posts in this thread would involve cutting this one off at the neck.  

Chuck fanboys are retards, but so are the fanboys of most bands, and this band's course is really no different than most other metal bands that originally had something to contibute and say, but eventually ran astray for whatever reason. As you once said, all metal bands eventually raise their tombstones. Same shit different day.

My Chuck facts list was better.

December 15, 2006, 01:13:00 PM
Note:

If you have trouble with "eugenic posting policy," we'll clear it up for you right now: posts with no informational value go away.

But not posts like this one?

Tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of the Death frontman's AIDS related passing.

Don't forget to remind the simpering sheep of the metal community that Chuck was a traitor at every opportunity (and, it's a great way to promote the site in the process!).

What the hell is the point of all the Chuck Schuldiner bashing? It's just unproductive and childish.

December 15, 2006, 01:33:19 PM
There appears to be confusion as to this website's definition of "garbage", which I understand, is entirely based on whoever has the final say here.

This thread, in my mind, was garbage to begin with; which is why people are questioning it's, "informational value".  But that's just my take.

December 15, 2006, 08:23:23 PM
To delete all the worthless posts in this thread would involve cutting this one off at the neck.

Why are you replying? I think it's funny. Hurt the sacred cows.

December 15, 2006, 10:38:50 PM
well just the fact that within a few posts we are talking about posting polices as opposed to the original question (er statement in this case) shows that the compost is the true home for this post

Nile577

December 17, 2006, 06:29:58 PM
Deathrasher: Do you like DEATH? What is your opinion about Chuck Schuldiner both as person as much as musician?

Martin van Drunen: "I like their first and a bit of 'Leprosy'. The rest weren't that good I think. 'Scream Bloody Gore' is a death metal classic every fan should have. Just like the demos. Killer material. Chuck, however, wasn't a sympathetic man. I got to know him on the U.S. tour and I never liked the guy. Very unpredictable. He canceled shows for no reason. Treated bands, fans and roadies often like shit. In the end his roadies Louie and Walt (where the hell are you now guys??) were sleeping in our van 'coz they couldn't stand his company. That says it all. Therefore his death meant not much to me. He wrote some killer songs in the beginning and he had a good voice too, but later on he lost it all.

"Everybody's always talking about Chuck. But nobody remembers Fred from French MASSACRA. Now for that man I would do a tribute. A nice man and friend. A 100% metalhead. Never forgot he puked all over my toilet, haha. Bonjour, Fred, RIP. This glass is to you..."

http://www.deaththrasher.com/dtinterviews/vaNDRUNEN_eng.htm

December 17, 2006, 07:15:19 PM
i think that sums up chuck nicely, i just think people on this site only ever think of his bad albums all the while his good works go unnoticed and upraised. Denzel Washington
said that this was a balancing act but a still think people are over critical of him, i mean if we judged bands by there worst album who would be left in tacked

December 17, 2006, 08:56:11 PM
Deathrasher: Do you like DEATH? What is your opinion about Chuck Schuldiner both as person as much as musician?

Martin van Drunen: "I like their first and a bit of 'Leprosy'. The rest weren't that good I think. 'Scream Bloody Gore' is a death metal classic every fan should have. Just like the demos. Killer material. Chuck, however, wasn't a sympathetic man. I got to know him on the U.S. tour and I never liked the guy. Very unpredictable. He canceled shows for no reason. Treated bands, fans and roadies often like shit. In the end his roadies Louie and Walt (where the hell are you now guys??) were sleeping in our van 'coz they couldn't stand his company. That says it all. Therefore his death meant not much to me. He wrote some killer songs in the beginning and he had a good voice too, but later on he lost it all.

"Everybody's always talking about Chuck. But nobody remembers Fred from French MASSACRA. Now for that man I would do a tribute. A nice man and friend. A 100% metalhead. Never forgot he puked all over my toilet, haha. Bonjour, Fred, RIP. This glass is to you..."

http://www.deaththrasher.com/dtinterviews/vaNDRUNEN_eng.htm

This about sums up my views as well, although I never knew Fred Death. There were more talented people and the early death albums were not entirely authored by Chuck. I would rather we talked about the music and the best of the music than someone of little note but I think it is good to grow out of pity and sometimes to slander Chuck helps that.

December 19, 2006, 06:46:16 PM
yes i agree, there is little point in talking about the author the the music in this case, and also to hate him makes him just as large a part of your life as to love him, it would be best to simply know the group he was in rather then the man himself  

December 20, 2006, 07:58:21 PM
Bashing Chuck in this manner is repellent.

He was not a Christian.  He was not ignorant.  Nor did he die of AIDS.  What nonsense all of this is.

Since  I am no expert on the inner workings of Chuck's mind I cannot comment much on the Christianity "traitor" element of this smear.  However, this is why it should be manifestly clear he did not die of AIDS.  Chuck Shuldiner was undergoing chemotherapy when he died.  No one dying of AIDS receives chemo because such treatment  further degrades an already weakened immune system.  People with Kaposi's sarcoma have to be reasonably strong to get chemo, and even then they do not receive aggressive treatments if they are too sick.  There are people with AIDS who develop non-Hodgkin's lymphoma who never receive chemo because chemo combined with AIDS will kill them faster than the lymphoma can.  If Chuck was so far gone with AIDS that he was dying, he would not have been on chemo.  Period.

Add to this that a NECROTIC TUMOR was removed from his brain, causing an initial misdiagnosis of a rare form of cancer.  It is unknown what he died from, but necrotic brain tumors are not now, nor were they ever, symptoms of AIDS.

If this isn't enough, bear in mind that Chuck was uninsured and there were many benefits and shows held to raise money for Chuck's treatment.  Lots of people, directly and indirectly, were involved in his treatment.  This wasn't Rock Hudson dying quietly.  This was a man fighting overtly for his life. So how is it exactly that this man who is called stupid by some on this site managed to hide the nature of his illness so well without anyone finding out?   Because the only place you will find assertions that Chuck died of AIDS is on anus.com.  It's not because anus somehow "knows" the truth.  It's because someone has a hard-on for Chuck or is smearing his name to suit their own agenda.

Truly shameful stuff guys.  The man died of a mysterious condition and people from anus.com saw fit to harass his mother.  Of course, agendas know no shame, do they?

Honestly, why not pick on the living?  Or is that too hard, with a living entity to refute you?  I fear some of you are are you getting your ducks in a row to malign Jared Anderson.  I say this because the attempt to assert that Jesse Pintado died of AIDS didn't really get much of a reaction, did it?

And yeah, I know.  Banned and BAHLEETED!  I'm crying inside.  Really.  I am.

December 20, 2006, 08:16:49 PM
I want to slice you to ribbons for the spelling of your name alone, you stinking used tampon.

The great mystery of Schuldiner's condition is why he wrote "Support music, not rumors" in every fucking release.  Well, I found out through this board it's cause he liked underage boys.  Rot fag corpse, rot.
powers which mankind refuses to condone or conceive
beware what curiosity and ignorance breed
for what is not believed
may turn out to be your destiny