Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends

Re: Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends
September 22, 2007, 04:45:19 PM
Entombed included rock structures into clandestine, but saying that album is simply rock with growling tells me you've never listened to it. They started making rock with growls on Wolverine Blues and every album past that. Control Denied was more "Breaking the Law" styled Judas Priest than anything, and Death had been that way for years.
I don't know if Chuck ever claimed to invent death metal, but everyone pretty claims that, despite Sepultura having a more advanced album out before Master of Puppets was even released. Also, in the Human rerelease I own, the linear notes go on about Chuck wanting to put technicality and melody into metal.
I don't really care how he died or what faith he was, but he is overpraised in the world and apologizing for his failures by stating that 'other people did it too' or some meaningless stuff about label troubles is not helping matters.
Also, I've heard many reports, well rumors I guess, that he was a complete control freak. Some artists liked him like Gene Hoglan, others couldn't stand it. Quitting the band while they are on a European tour and leaving them to figure it out without a job to come home to doesn't speak well for his character either.
Death was a great introduction for me into this music, as they made some great material early on that I still enjoy, but once you start to explore there are too many better things out there to worry so much about one band, let alone worship them at the altar and mourn their leader's death.

Re: Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends
September 24, 2007, 08:44:33 PM
Ok, I've read the article again, I've look around about the guy and yes, I understand the point ANUS is trying to make. Therefore, I still enjoy the music (and by the way, I listened to Clandestine a couple of times already, I own it) but now I understand more cleary what is expressed in the late-Death/Control Denied songs.

Last thing, what's the problem with being control freak? Wasn't Frank Zappa also one? 10 times more I'm sure! Look at the results (before the 80s of course), his albums have so much good songs to offer. Many classical composers weren't easy either!

There appears to be confusion as to this website's definition of "garbage", which I understand, is entirely based on whoever has the final say here.

Oh noes!!! It wasn't written in the sky by God, so it's not absolute.

You're drugged on bad modern logic. Wake up!

people use the word faggot too much on this site. perhaps theyre compensating?

promoting this site by making fun of someone else's passing is a surefire way to REPEL people.

i wouldve thought members here would be more mature and intelligent than to promote such idiocy.

Well, as they say in the Army...

"Everyone's busy talking, except those who are busy"

I have been banned from several forums for even mentioning that Chuck died of AIDS. Metalheads are very touching about this, because they want their own Jesus. They feel justified if they have a martyr to cry over, and many of them claim to enjoy his "music."

Most recent bans:

* Ultimate metal
* SMN news
* Relapse

Recent replies to this topic are not showing up.

Seriously, where are they?  Is there something wrong with my browser?

test

Human was a reasonable album, the ones before it were OK.  This entire thing is redundant, no one is benefitting from this joke which is now well past its use by date.  Seriously, what is this supposed to achieve?

Nothing, really. I dont know what the goal of this was.

If you want to pick on someone for dying why not that worthless waste of life from that Drowning Pool nu-feces band?

Coordinating the guitar and singing voice as carriers of the melody in Death Metal seems for some reason something that has been ignored by bands to this day.

Perhaps because that was a rock music model that death metal abandoned.

There was scant anything "death metal" about CONTROL DENIED in any regard; your thinking is backwards.

If you want to know why something like CONTROL DENIED is totally irrelevant, listen to something like WATCHTOWER.

Coordinating the guitar and singing voice as carriers of the melody in Death Metal seems for some reason something that has been ignored by bands to this day.

There was scant anything "death metal" about CONTROL DENIED in any regard; your thinking is backwards.

If you want to know why something like CONTROL DENIED is totally irrelevant, listen to something like WATCHTOWER.

From what you are saying, any metal band that was influenced by previous metal bands is not worthy and is likely to carry the AIDS virus. It is true, Chuck's legacy is overrated (partly from the fact that he is dead and to simply die young is considered to be an heroic act these days), but all artists obviously have their influences.

The pity pity party never ends.

Raise_the_Dead

From what you are saying, any metal band that was influenced by previous metal bands is not worthy and is likely to carry the AIDS virus.

He said nothing about influence.  Death metal and even speed metal, by the time of Control Denied and the later Death albums, had moved far beyond the terrain that these acts explored, technically and otherwise.

Perhaps it is the method rock music used this technique that is what you disdain. There is a strong history of interrelating the roll of the voice and solo instrument in classical music. If we make our thinking more backwards, we move forward in this instance.