Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Italiani a noi!"

"Italiani a noi!"
October 04, 2007, 11:42:35 AM
I would like to know what others think of Italians and if you have any questions regarding Italian culture and hertitage. It is my goal to supply others with a true correct knowledge of what Italians are really about.

One thing I will dispell know is the Northern and Southern problem. Both North and South have been under the same strains as one another, but have solved their problems their way. The South has always been under developed, but with cause. The old ways must endure. While the North continues to forge ahead for the future, but balances the old ways well.

One little bit of information from me. While I really enjoy being Italian, I find the ways of the Norse people to be very admirable. It truly sparks something in me that is worthy of my soul to learn the old ways. I am currently under going studys of runes, and would like to learn norwegian.  Languages of other people have always been a wonderful thing for me.

Grazie a tutti! Forza Dark Legions!

Re: "Italiani a noi!"
October 04, 2007, 05:05:27 PM
Sounds like the south is more on track. Anyway, from a few visits in Italy, I've found that there's a      disproportionately high amount of "racial" persons (do you say "racial"? In German one says "von Rasse"), meaning strong, noble personalities with an inner law. One doesn't meet such persons in Germany often anymore (they're all dead). Italians are certainly very talkative, but not indiscrete. In certain aspects they are very patient, in others they're hectic, which probably is caused by a conflict due to the dissimilarity of their roman (aryan) and latin (mediterran) origins. I wouldn't mind being born Italian.

How do Italians deal with Fascism/Mussolini? What striked me was the way they honor their war victims.

October 04, 2007, 05:17:08 PM
I've heard communism is relatively strong in Italy compared to other countries? But that the movement has a concern about their own countries heritage and culture that communist movements of other countries lack.

October 04, 2007, 05:28:36 PM
Communism is strong in Italy since the birth of communism. Just look at the early career of Mussolini.

My question to you Forza would be this one :

What about the ancient ones in Italy ? Does people talk about Roman Empire and Grec tradition as if it was another country, like a ''myth'', or do people know alot about it and are proud of it ?

October 05, 2007, 11:35:15 AM
Well, to answer that question quickly, that was the goal of Mussolini: to reach the height of Ancient Rome and all its glory. So some of his ideals we heard. But as always the weak suffered why the strong conquered. This means the weak had to suffer under the hand of the landowners. This is one reason why Italians dismiss the racial issue. We had been oppressed way before the blacks were.(We call blacks eggplant-melanzana)

When it comes to honoring the ancients, my ex boss Luciano adored Mussolini, and Ancient Rome to a high degree.  Yes, though Mussolini oppressed, his ideals were respect to a degree.

As far, as the Greek traditions are concerned, we took the flame over for them. I believe that the Greeks had a glorious time, but their time was short lived. The Romans took over alot beliefs.

There is still ruins being discovered from before the Roman empire.

Yes, southerners are very more relaxed then northerns have to be rushed around more so then the south. The south is mostly still a farmland.

And Italians are in some cases dismissed as weak people, but there have been times where we have proven them wrong.....

October 05, 2007, 12:38:19 PM
What's up with Italian-Americans?

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, and assume that this is entirely different breed, similar to how most Indians in America are likely Vaisya. If I wwere Italian, I would disown them all. New Jersey is especially plagued by these types; they are materialistic. Their politics are terrible, yet because of sheer numbers (and their general acceptance by Anglos as being "white"...the percentage of bleached-blonde Italians at my school is an abomination) they often hold local office, which results in the continued rape of nature. They enjoy baseball. They also display a propensity to embrace the hip-hop mentality, which results in lewd courtship ritual.

(Perhaps) unrelatedly, Italian metal often gravitates towards the sappy gothic sort. Why is this? It is as if the local scene is devoid of masculinity. This, from a people who have produced some of the most inspiring classical pieces, namely Vivaldi and his genius "Four Seasons".

October 05, 2007, 12:50:14 PM
Here in Quebec the Italian people are okay, since they are one of the only tribes that help us getting our independance. Too bad they stay in their room with their own Italian culture, it's just plain multiculturalism, and to long term it won't work.

October 05, 2007, 01:23:16 PM
Without any offense:
1) Southern Italians and Northern Italians are very different. Actually, with over 150 dialects, Italy can't be homonogenous at all.
2) Southern Italians( esspecialy Sicilians ) are most likely mullatos, at least a majority of them...
3) As a Romanian, I never understood how people( esspecialy romanians...) can belive in the so-called ,,romanization'' theory, when it comes to Romania and France. Personally, I think it's crap( 150 dialects in Italy, Italian has the least in common with latin AND in only 165 years, we would have spoken the language of the invader...? ) Forza probably knows what I'm talking about...

October 09, 2007, 12:09:59 PM
Yes I know exactly what you are talking about!

Where my region in Italy is, is Basilicata, one of the poorest regions in Italy. There is some dialects in the Albanian language.

And yes Italian Americans are a disgrace to all Italians and should be dealt with accordingly!

And very awesome responses indeed....

October 10, 2007, 05:07:53 AM

As far, as the Greek traditions are concerned, we took the flame over for them. I believe that the Greeks had a glorious time, but their time was short lived. The Romans took over alot beliefs.

I think the glory period of Rome ended once the Republic changed into the Empire.

And Italians are in some cases dismissed as weak people, but there have been times where we have proven them wrong.....

like when ?

October 10, 2007, 01:34:30 PM
During the one of the battles against the French

October 10, 2007, 03:37:50 PM
During the one of the battles against the French

When ? Just asking this out of interest because I'm French and don't see what war/battle you're referring to.

October 11, 2007, 03:54:29 AM
Napolean maybe... I'm sorry I don't know enough of European history

euronymous

October 11, 2007, 07:13:16 AM
...conflict due to the dissimilarity of their roman (aryan) and latin (mediterran) origins.

I think everyone understand what you mean but is poorly expressed IMO, being Latin the roman languaje. The first and main meaning of the world latin is precisely to refer to all that is roman or heavily influenced by roman culture and is a word akin to your own nick.  You shouldn't use "latin" as opossed to "roman" in that binomial and you should have chosen another word in support of "mediterranean".

Also, the roman-aryan origins of italians are mediterranean origins too, as far as I know: I don't reach to see how aryan is opossed to mediterranean specifically in the case of romans.

October 11, 2007, 11:41:46 AM
Roman origins lie first with the Estrucans during the formation. In my region(Basilicata) there is ample evidence to show that some of the structures are close to 7000 years old. The south has more of a greek influence above all else. Sicily is so unique, that there is no relationship to what happened on the mainland. Some events were missed that were positive, while others were negative. For instance, if it was not for Sicily, the Romans would not be fed. Wheat was the crown staple. But the Romans didnt leave a mark. To the surprise of others, some of the most advances were due to the Arab influence. There was a peace on the island.(The history of Sicilia is so expansive, I cant begin to elaborate)

As for the languages, everyone in Italy speaks the standard italian, naturally with their accents. Dialect is a political word only, as some of the languages spoke in Italy are not close to latin roots. For instance, Napulitiano is not recognized as an official language. Sardo is the closest to latin today by far. It is a mysterious language and is awesome to hear the quality and timber of the voice.

As for the Italians in Quebec, I am shocked to hear that they would just stay put in their rooms. Italians are not people to sit around and do nothing, even the southerners as well. We are an outside people, enjoying the warmth of our country. From what I know of Quebec it is a wonderful place for culture.  

As for the Italians battle the French, I dont have a date off hand, but is was a very small battle, and one that the French thought could be easliy one. Not so as the Italians drew them to a standstill.

As far as the French go, Italians have some grudges against them.  One of the amazing things was that it was an Italian lady(Catarina di Medici) that taught the French how to eat with a fork and to cook. But despite some grudges, we stand for our cultures full force.