Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Italiani a noi!"

Re: "Italiani a noi!"
October 11, 2007, 11:54:08 AM
As far as the French go, Italians have some grudges against them.  One of the amazing things was that it was an Italian lady(Catarina di Medici) that taught the French how to eat with a fork and to cook. But despite some grudges, we stand for our cultures full force.

There have been conflicts in the late 15th / early 16th century between France and Italy, maybe the grudges come from that because the French invaders really didn't behave well. At some point the Italians more or less kicked them out, not without giving them a little gift : syphilis ! As there were mercenaries from various European countries in these wars, all Europe has been affected by the disease, during a long time. But, well, we deserved it ! :-) Proof that lacking respect always leads to failure.

October 12, 2007, 08:06:19 AM

I think everyone understand what you mean but is poorly expressed IMO, being Latin the roman languaje. The first and main meaning of the world latin is precisely to refer to all that is roman or heavily influenced by roman culture and is a word akin to your own nick.  You shouldn't use "latin" as opossed to "roman" in that binomial and you should have chosen another word in support of "mediterranean".

Also, the roman-aryan origins of italians are mediterranean origins too, as far as I know: I don't reach to see how aryan is opossed to mediterranean specifically in the case of romans.

I'm sorry, you're right with your first remark. What I wanted to express is that the Romans were of aryan origin, but the same cannot be said about the Italians of today, which appear to me to be a mixture of Roman and Mediterranean elements.

October 12, 2007, 10:47:36 AM
I'm sorry, you're right with your first remark. What I wanted to express is that the Romans were of aryan origin, but the same cannot be said about the Italians of today, which appear to me to be a mixture of Roman and Mediterranean elements.

Aryan as in how? Romans are of Mediterranean origins  anthropologically. This Aryan which I assume you are saying is "Light haired and Eyed". Which would point to V/A admixture in Northern Italy from Italo-Gaulic and most likely Gothic and Vandal origins.

There is no such thing as an Aryan european. It's an ideal. Let us not forget the origin of the Tuscans has led to Anatolia. Italy is a heavily mixed nation from Normans to Carthaginians in Sicily to as such in to Estruscans in Tuscany and so forth in Rome.

October 12, 2007, 10:53:31 AM

Aryan as in how? Romans are of Mediterranean origins  anthropologically. This Aryan which I assume you are saying is "Light haired and Eyed". Which would point to V/A admixture in Northern Italy from Italo-Gaulic and most likely Gothic and Vandal origins.

There is no such thing as an Aryan european. It's an ideal. Let us not forget the origin of the Tuscans has led to Anatolia. Italy is a heavily mixed nation from Normans to Carthaginians in Sicily to as such in to Estruscans in Tuscany and so forth in Rome.

Very much agreed.

All European nations are mixed to a certain degree. The English may be the best example of this.

October 12, 2007, 12:47:10 PM
Aryan as in how? Romans are of Mediterranean origins  anthropologically.

Plainly wrong. The Romans were not of Mediterranean, but of Aryan (Indo-European) origin.

October 12, 2007, 01:08:51 PM

Very much agreed.

All European nations are mixed to a certain degree. The English may be the best example of this.

This is a little embellished. Sure, the English are a mixed race, but nowhere near as much as those in mainland Europe, especially Germany, Italy, France, Poland, Czech Republic etc. We're an isolated island population, as far removed from mainland Europe as Scandanavia. The Romans left a slight genetic impact, the saxons more so. Now, the population of the entire British Isles (this includes the "celtic fringes") is mainly a mixture of the first migrants here after the last ice age receded closing the land gap to Europe, and germanic/Nordic invasions around the dark ages.

Take Germany for example: Germanic roots, roman roots, slav roots, mongolian roots, and nordic roots are some of the influences I can think off of the top of my head.

October 12, 2007, 01:10:30 PM
I think the glory period of Rome ended once the Republic changed into the Empire.

like when ?

I myself never considered the Italians to be weak,  but Italy's army left something to be desired during WWII.  I attribute this to poor leadership and a lack of sufficient war materials; others, however, might consider this military ineptness a reflection of Italian character traits.  

October 12, 2007, 04:55:04 PM
Plainly wrong. The Romans were not of Mediterranean, but of Aryan (Indo-European) origin.

Thanks for the strawman  ::) I notice your not much for facts.

Historically, the Romans should have been a mixture of Villanovan Italic northeners with Etruscans and Neolithic and Bronze Age predecessors. 50 The little crania material at hand points entirely in the northern direction, and confirms the relationship between Kelts and Italici, insofar as it may be used. On the other hand, the addition of Etruscan mesocephals with Dinaric and Mediterranean elements would not greatly alter the early Kelt-like Italic metrical form.

The early Romans, judging from the busts of their descendants in the days of Augustus, and of descriptions, were not very tall, as a rule, but were often of heavy body build. Their skulls were flattish on top, and rounded on the sides, like those of the Kelts. The facial features included the well-known "Roman" nose, which may have been partly derived from an Etruscan source. On the whole, the well-known sculptures of Caesar, Augustus, and others, although not reliable from the standpoint of accurate measurement, indicate that a mesocephalic to brachycephalic head form was admired. Their facial type is not native to the Mediterranean basin, but is more at home in the north. Nevertheless, the Romans considered the Kelts who invaded Italy tall and blond; hence the blondism of the Romans, including rufosity, must have been in the minority. 51

More detailed information may be obtained by studying the remains of Romans who died away from home in the colonial service of the empire. For example, an officer of the sixth legion, named Theodorianus, stationed at York, came from the small city of Nomentum, in Latium. Three others, also buried at York, were also native Romans. 52 These four were all of one type, and very much alike: dolicho- to mesocephalic, with low vaults, low, broad foreheads, very aquiline noses, and short, broad, square faces. The skulls of two other pure Roman officers from Bath and Gloucester are the same, as is one from Lincoln. 53

A group of eight male Roman crania from Rheinzabern on the Rhine, 54 belonging to real Romans from Italy, are the same as the individuals from Britain, and almost identical with the eight male males from Rome itself of the Christian period, and the early Roman from Corneto Tarquinia. These scattered references from various quarters, although few, are so alike that we must conclude that the Romans, however mixed, had formed a characteristic local or national physical type, which was mainly of Italic origin, and closely related originally to the Keltic.

http://www.snpa.nordish.net/chapter-VI4.htm
Taken from Carleton S. Coon's Races of Europe.

http://racialreality.110mb.com/subraces.html
This link will lead you to Mediterranean subraces, subsequently the Dinaric, Mediterranean Variants, and Alpinids the Romans were known for. They were originally Mediterranean! But also the Mediterranean race is subject to a characteristic of "Blondism" even from birth, a boy can have Blond Hair and Blue eyes and once he hits childhood everything can darken.

Blondism-
IN BRIEF: The state of having flaxen golden hair and pale skin particularly in a predominantly dark or colored population.

http://forum.stirpes.net/physical-anthropology/4351-blondism-italic-peninsula-biasutti.html

You can take a look any Roman bust of Caesar, Augustus and see the have features not like that of your Nordic SS wet dream, but they had bulbous head which is a characteristic of Dinaroid and Alpinid Brachycephalic peoples.

I think you may have read too much Arthur Kemp as a youngster. I suppose since there are Blond Afghans they are Aryan too? Even I have a profile similar to a Augustus or to Maximinus Thrax.

Am I nordic? Not in the least. Roman's had the knowledge to evolve thats what their best characteristic was, after they got their asses handed to them by Hannibal and Pyrrhus of Epirus. Their ideals highly noble, and of course a society Nietzsche could've dreamed of in his day, but in no way are they Aryan.

Also what do you mean not Indo-Europeans? Mediterraneans are Indo-Europeans! The majority of the Third Reich were heavily Mediterranean and wouldn't have looked out of place in Italy, Greece, or even Spain. Your antipathy towards such people is disturbing.

Just to clarify civilization started in Asia and then spread to Europe( India, Sumeria, Egypt, Greece and Rome) in chronological order. Clearly all peoples of Mediterranean( albeit Central Asian as the Caucaus mountains are located there).

K

October 12, 2007, 10:21:33 PM
There is a lot of ethnic information thrown out here on this thread, my question is thus; where do the lumbards come into the picture? If my memory of high school history serves me, didn't they proceed to inhabit the northern part of Italy after the roman empire? Just curious.

Also, I would like an apology for lacuna coil (JK)

October 13, 2007, 02:35:00 PM
Do not be afraid to ask me about anything in this in detail. I try to bring the facts with unbiased opinions.

Grazie a tutti

October 21, 2007, 12:07:28 PM
The Italian alps have amazing mountain huts.  While attempting to climb Monte Rosa, a summer blizzard stranded us in an Italian hut for three days.  Thank you Italy for a warm hut, warm bed, and hot espresso in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Sorry, that wasn't very deep, but I've had the unenviable experience of riding out a three day storm here in the Cascades in what amounts to little more than a plastic bag, so the luxury of Italian huts left a strong impression on me. :D