Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

SUFFOCATION/IMMOLATION Tour Dates

SUFFOCATION/IMMOLATION Tour Dates
October 11, 2007, 04:56:33 PM
http://www.everlastingfire.com/tour.html

SUFFOCATION, IMMOLATION, SKINLESS, NORTH AMERICAN TOUR OCT/NOV 2007

10/25 Imperial De Quebec, Quebec City, Que
10/26 Club Soda, Montreal, Que
10/27 The Opera House, Toronto, Ont
10/28 Peabody's, Cleveland, OH
10/29 Metro/Smart Bar, Chicago, IL
10/30 Dibbo's, Hudson, WI
11/02 Studio Seven, Seattle, WA
11/03 Roseland Grill, Portland, OR
11/04 Slim's, San Francisco, CA
11/05 House Of Blues, West Hollywood, CA
11/06 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA
11/07 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA
11/08 The Rock, Tucson, AZ
11/09 Launch Pad, Albuquerque, NM
11/10 Ridglea Theater, Ft. Worth, TX
11/11 Meridian, Houston, TX
11/14 Jaxx, Springfield, VA
11/15 The Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA
11/17 Mark's Place, Bedford, NH
11/18 BB Kings, New York City, NY

I don't go to a lot of live shows these days, but it's hard to pass up seeing two top-notch live acts playing successive sets in what looks to be very intimate venues.

Re: SUFFOCATION/IMMOLATION Tour Dates
October 11, 2007, 07:33:11 PM
Your dates don't match the ones on the site you referenced.  Is there some other source?

10/25/07 Quebec City, Que Imperial de Quebec
10/26/07 Montreal, Que Club Soda
10/27/07 Toronto, Ont The Opera House
10/28/07 Cleveland, OH Peabody’s
10/29/07 Chicago, IL Metro/Smart Bar
10/30/07 Maplewood, MN The Rock

11/02/07 Seattle, WA Studio Seven
11/03/07 Portland, OR Roseland Grill
11/04/07 San Francisco, CA Slim’s
11/05/07 West Hollywood, CA House Of Blues
11/06/07 San Diego, CA House Of Blues
11/07/07 Anaheim, CA House Of Blues
11/08/07 Tucson, AZ The Rock
11/09/07 Albuquerque, NM Launch Pad
11/10/07 Ft Worth, TX Ridglea Theater
11/11/07 Houston, TX Meridian
11/14/07 West Springfield, VA Jaxx
11/15/07 Philadelphia, PA The Trocadero
11/17/07 Bedford, NH Mark’s Place
11/18/07 New York, NY BB Kings Blues Club

LOL @ moving it from Maplehood to Hudson, WI if yours is correct.

October 11, 2007, 08:29:46 PM
http://www.last.fm/music/Suffocation/+events

A couple more dates here.

I'm going to the Nov. 16th show at Northern Lights if anyone else is in the VT/upstate NY area is interested in a meetup.

October 11, 2007, 08:53:41 PM
Your dates don't match the ones on the site you referenced. †Is there some other source?

Good catch. †I forgot to mention that the 10/30 got moved to Hudson (~25 minutes down the road from the original town). †

I would have directed people to Suffocation's home page since it's fully updated, but the default music that plays is just too fucking annoying.

October 11, 2007, 10:37:04 PM
I'll be at this date for sure:

Tuesday November 13th
Atlanta, GA       The Masquerade      
Doors@7pm        $16.50 ADV
Suffocation, Skinless, Immolation, Sybartic

Thank god that there are only three touring bands. Most death/black metal tours these days have at least four if not five, which just creates a bad situation for both the bands, who have to play short sets, and the audience, who has to put up with frequent set changes.

I expect at least an hour and a half set from each of the two headlining bands. This will be my first time seeing Immolation, so I am excited for that (I started following metal in about 1999, and I cannot ever recall them touring the Southern US, Florida aside).

I saw Suffocation about a year ago last summer and they are still in prime form. Their only flaw is the "necessity" of keeping a decent ratio of newer material in their set list.

October 12, 2007, 10:40:44 PM
Reminder: the 18 Nov. '07 event is also an ANUS meeting for NYC area Hessians.

October 14, 2007, 04:50:50 PM
Does anyone know how to get to Bedford, New Hampshire from Boston?  I've heard that there's a bus line that stops near "Mark's Place," which is apperently in the middle of nowhere.  However, so far I haven't found any way to get to the place.  The search continues.

October 24, 2007, 12:43:24 AM
Good catch. †I forgot to mention that the 10/30 got moved to Hudson (~25 minutes down the road from the original town).

Are you familiar with the area?

I won't be seeing this.  Both bands are supreme live, but I'll have to wait for another chance with IMMOLATION on their tour with AVERSE SEFIRA.

October 24, 2007, 07:07:12 PM
Are you familiar with the area?

I've lived in Minneapolis for most of my life (just moved back after spending a few years elsewhere).  You?

November 03, 2007, 03:38:52 PM
Yeah, fuck. I missed it. But I WILL be seeing Averse Sefira and Immolation in February (?) in Minneapolis myself.  8)

November 03, 2007, 05:26:39 PM
Yeah, fuck. I missed it. But I WILL be seeing Averse Sefira and Immolation in February (?) in Minneapolis myself. †8)

Wow...many are coming out of the woodwork.

We will have, at the very least, an informal gathering for that one.

November 04, 2007, 01:53:22 AM
Here's a very brief outline of what was missed by a few and some of what can be expected by others:

When a venue's bar enclosure is larger than its stage, it usually follows that very little is being done to promote stellar performances. †But, at the admitted risk of canonizing the event as The Little Concert That Could, Immolation and Suffocation still managed to offer exceptionally clear-sounding, fluid performances (Iím chalking it up to experience and a very good sound guy). †

As expected, nearly all of Immolation's set consisted of material from their two most recent releases. †On paper and in thought there's an obvious necessity for the band to promote their latest output, but on this occasion any semblance of obligation was effectively neutralized through an air of drive and intensity that emanated from the stage: Bob Vigna and Ross Dolan honestly appeared just as enraptured while performing live as they clearly were 15+ years ago, and it was a pleasure to soak that in. †Itís a shame they were only on for about an hour.

Suffocation enjoyed a considerably longer set than Immolation and was a little less business-like in their demeanor, but still flawless in their performance. †I think itís pretty well-documented that the core band members are very aware of their back catalogue, and so it wasnít too surprising that quite a bit of material from the first few albums was touched on. †I guess the only unexpected aspect of their performance was that they seemed a little uncomfortable with the small turnout: despite the influx of people on the floor once Suffocation came on, there still was never a solid line of heads at the front of the stage. †In fact, I donít think I made physical contact with another person at any point during the concert (which was actually kind of nice, by the way).

I can post what I remember of either set if anyone wants it, but beware that itíll undoubtedly have holes in it, especially as far as newer material goes. †Also, Terrance Hobbs mentioned that both bands switch up the ďclassicĒ tracks each night, so Iím not sure how informative it would be anyway.

November 04, 2007, 12:47:58 PM

Wow...many are coming out of the woodwork.

We will have, at the very least, an informal gathering for that one.

St. Louis is typically passed up, so I go to Minneapolis out of pure necessity.

I feel quite privileged that two of the absolute best modern bands are playing together under one roof.

November 09, 2007, 04:41:54 PM
I finally got my work shift cleared by my supervisor, so the Suffocation/Immolation show at the Masquerade in Atlanta, GA is officially a go for Tuesday night.

Fuck Ticketmaster and their bullshit charges. The tickets themselves are $16.50, and I get charged an additional $6.30 just so they can grease their wallets with an additional 38% of the actual costs. If there wasn't the potential of a sell-out, I'd just buy my ticket at the venue on the day of the show.

November 09, 2007, 08:40:09 PM
Shows down there actually sell out? Aside from major reunion concerts (i.e. Emperor, Immortal), I don't think I've ever encountered this issue in NYC. Not even for a Morbid Angel show...