Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS logo

ANUS logo
October 11, 2007, 08:40:41 PM
I was wondering where does the Y looking ANUS logo comes from? Tolkien perhaps? And most importantly, what does it mean?
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

Re: ANUS logo
October 11, 2007, 09:13:33 PM
Looks almost like an Algiz from elder Futhark, just with two lines instead. Perhaps it's from a later or different (dialect?) of runic?

October 12, 2007, 01:36:01 AM
This is the explanation given by Alexis, I think:

"as you can see, it is a modified version of the original algiz rune, that we have chosen to resemble a tree, hinting at out integralist philosophy; the philosophy of life as an organic process."

K

October 12, 2007, 10:28:48 PM
the algiz rune is also the sign of the national alliance so I assumed it was also partly to differentiate anus from the turner diaries.

October 15, 2007, 11:33:09 AM
I actually asked a friend of mine the very same question the other day. He told me that it is Nordic and means "protector of kin and family" and sent me a link to a website displaying it and other like symbols; if I come across that site again I'll post it.

October 16, 2007, 12:50:09 AM
I've been told it's not a rune at all, but a tree drawn to be like a rune. Knowing the weirdball sense of humor around here, it could be both totally honest and a little sardonic.