Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

HELP need to write an essay on metal

Re: HELP need to write an essay on metal
October 11, 2007, 02:24:01 AM
Sam Dunn? All he did was make a neatly packaged, bubblegum documentary just so that it'd would be platable to everyone.  I mean what credibility would a person have when he devotes a good 20-25 minutes to feature  the groupies  and the cock-rock scene in a so called 'metal documentary'?

October 11, 2007, 02:29:13 AM
If you're one of the real threats to this board, the moronic false elitists who bolster their sagging self-confidence by putting down others and thus making themselves happy, go to church! Your false elitism is the flip side of pity and really, I'd rather have you be a Christian so you might at least do some good instead of sitting on your internet throne and congratulating yourselves for being so intelligent.

- Some metal nerd

October 11, 2007, 10:39:19 AM
No matter what you do, don't rule out Burzum if you're going to write about black metal. I remember I was horrified when I saw Sam Dunn had put down Cradle of Filth as Norwegian Black Metal, and not Burzum ::)

Yes, I saw that too, they are not even Norwegian!... All joking aside, to me, Burzum is the most authentic, influencial and important black metal band out there.

Although I don't like black metal (aside from Filosofem and a few black metal-minded ambient artistst), I read about him, on his website notably, and the only reason why Sam Dunn did not mentioned Burzum was because of controversy. He sure knew the band.

The rest of his documentary was sure interesting but when he got into more complex stuff, death and black metal, he fucked up. Dickinson, Dio and Lemmy were great interviews but Lamb Of God and Slipknot... That was sad (remember when Slipknot said "You cannot think of an inverted cross without thinking of Black Sabbath" - they are Christian you dumbasses!). They have not credits for anything in metal whatsoever, but you guys know that...

Poor Sam Dunn who I though would make a good documentary when he started naming some of his favorite stuff (Beneath The Remains, Autopsy, etc.). Perhaps somebody hold him back on interviewing Varg Vikernes...

October 13, 2007, 04:06:08 AM
well i wanted to put the influeniation bands but wasnt really sure i have some knowledge of that though, not totally clueless

death metal: (growled) dark tranquillity, arch enemy, in flames. (grunt) cannibal corpse, decide

black: mayhem, emperor, darkthrone, dimmu,

thrash: slayer, metallica, megadeath

concentrate on the names in bold and you'll do just fine