Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hair

Re: Hair
October 14, 2007, 10:13:44 PM
I'd say just go with whatever you think looks good with your face, head shape, etc. I had my hair relatively long (about shoulder length usually, at times longer) for the past 5 years or so, but just recently cut it to medium length (about 4 inches) and it looks much better on me.

Hairstyles are for victims of fashion/trends; either grow it long or shave it all off.

This is too simplistic. Sure, those shitty guido Gotti haircuts are extremely trendy, but not all of them are. My haircut doesn't seem to be trendy (at least not intentionally :-/), it just goes well with my face.

October 14, 2007, 10:29:00 PM
Is hair such a matter?
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

October 14, 2007, 11:02:59 PM
Hair care is the only vanity permited to a hessian... I guess  :-/

October 14, 2007, 11:11:34 PM
If hair is this much of a concern that which you need validation as to whether it's "hessian" or not, then you need not wonder if you are one.

I hope this topic hits the trash..

October 15, 2007, 01:59:13 AM
Ehh.. It's definitely a stereotype of Hessians, so I think it is worth discussing (at least in this forum, which is pretty casual) even if only to see how many really do look as the group is perceived to. People should take pride in the way they look also, as long as they aren't preoccupied with it.

AttheGates1996

October 15, 2007, 02:30:30 AM
Long hair... gotta love it... my damn drummer shaved his head and now I'm the only in the band who has long hair... now it will look ridiculous to head bang...

October 15, 2007, 02:37:11 AM
One's hair is irrelevant. Certain hairstyles are synonymous with groups because of what those groups did. The action always comes before the presentation.

A hairstyle to fit in with a group makes it easier for fakes to feel like they are a part of something without doing anything.

Accomplish something without the idea of what you look like. And on a completely different mindset, choose to present yourself in whichever way is comfortable.

AttheGates1996

October 15, 2007, 02:38:56 AM
\I'm not American\

What are you? and I wouldnt say a lot of Americans dye their hair black.

October 15, 2007, 03:26:39 AM

What are you? and I wouldnt say a lot of Americans dye their hair black.

I'm Brazilian actually(currently in the States), and I didn't mean a lot of them, but certainly a large number of the American students I am in contact with seem to display this tendency. Not that many of them are into metal or gothic culture or anything like that either, it just makes me wonder why they want to change something inherent about their appearance.

October 15, 2007, 05:06:51 AM
I used to have really long hair almost down to the waist, but I got tired of maintaining it so I shaved it off to ~0.1mm (using electric cutter without the "extension" thing) and now I do that every two weeks or so -- "normally short" hair is just wrong for me. Although I like to have a partly metal appearance, wearing band shirts, black clothing and such, the long hair was just too bothersome.

(And also as in my case, if you happen to have bad acne it might help to completely shave head because hair gets greasy and that worsens it.)
http://www.nauseant.tk - So putrid you can taste the crunch!

October 17, 2007, 11:02:36 AM
How about male pattern baldness? Does it matter to you proudly long haired men if your hairline starts receding?

I'm probably of balding type, but I won't let that affect my hair length: let the remaining hair grow even if the crown is bald and don't bother hiding the baldness.

Biology behind the receding hairline is that free testosterone in blood is converted into dihydrotestosterone by the elevated levels of a certain hormone, which causes the hair follicles die by interfering their blood circulation ("feeding").

Hormone levels are hereditary, but the levels of free testosterone you can affect: reduce stress, eat healthy, and build efficient muscle, and your hair is likely stay intact for longer.

I've read an interesting but uncited claim in the Internet that male pattern baldness used to be fairly rare in pre-industrial Japan, but the prevalence exploded after Japan reached its modern welfare after WWII.

Makes you think.

October 17, 2007, 12:57:46 PM

I've read an interesting but uncited claim in the Internet that male pattern baldness used to be fairly rare in pre-industrial Japan, but the prevalence exploded after Japan reached its modern welfare after WWII.

Makes you think.

Even if it's uncited, it's true. That's something I have heard from many people in these countries who are of Generation X. That is also the case in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. All post-industrialization. Various blames are placed on all manner of things, including the polluted atmosphere and water in these countries, but the underlying cause is industrialization.

October 19, 2007, 05:42:08 PM
Wow, this site is seriously going to shit.

October 19, 2007, 06:00:26 PM
Wow, this site is seriously going to shit.

Yeah, this topic is viral

Any trichotillomaniacs?
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

October 19, 2007, 08:21:11 PM
Chasm: Talk and Relax.

What do you think the chasm is for if we already have a serious metal forum?

Relax, or leave.