Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hair

Re: Hair
October 20, 2007, 05:25:16 AM
Chasm: Talk and Relax.

What do you think the chasm is for if we already have a serious metal forum?

Relax, or leave.

It doesn't matter how much posed blackmetal grimmness has been ridiculized, still happens.

October 20, 2007, 11:36:11 AM
Man with long hair who lives by metal spirit: Good.
Man with long hair who listens to jazz: Retard
Man with short hair who lives by metal spirit: Good

October 20, 2007, 02:59:22 PM
Does hairstyle matter?

Long Hair must have been just a part of the theatrics. A portrayal of evil within the Metal community, another childish gimmick like Satanism. Ancient values..blah...blah kicked in much later.

Keeping long hairs just to look cool/Hessian/Metalhead is being a part of a fashion. If you guys want to follow a fashion, you probably don't deserve to be here. You probably are just a bunch of normals trying to look different from the other normals.
Further on Lies Eternal Search
For Theories to Lift the Gate
Only Locks Are Made Stronger
And More Keys Lost as Logic Fades

October 20, 2007, 07:50:29 PM

Black-and-white thinking is a mental barrier.

If we just carelessly do as we please without putting too much thought into dress and fashion, I feel most things are acceptable. Contrivance is the one big "no."

October 20, 2007, 08:04:55 PM

Black-and-white thinking is a mental barrier.

If we just carelessly do as we please without putting too much thought into dress and fashion, I feel most things are acceptable. Contrivance is the one big "no."

Not understanding sarcasm is also a mental barrier.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

October 20, 2007, 08:23:21 PM
Didn't sound too sarcastic.

October 20, 2007, 10:12:40 PM
Usually I see BORN FOR BANNING comments as sarcastic and satirical. Always edgy opinions that would be quite stubborn unless he intended to be ironical. I might be wrong, in this case your comment would be appropriate.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

October 21, 2007, 05:50:09 AM
I like to see it as a constructive flaming.

Even the hair is a good pretext  to bring discussions from another threads.

October 21, 2007, 04:50:02 PM
Usually I see BORN FOR BANNING comments as sarcastic and satirical. Always edgy opinions that would be quite stubborn unless he intended to be ironical. I might be wrong, in this case your comment would be appropriate.

Dr. Growl, are you familiar with the French writer Louis-Ferdinand Celine?

Well, he rules my life. Journey to the End of the Night is the ultimate book ever written, as far as I am concerned. (I share a love with others here of William S. Burroughs, but if you read the two books together, you will see Celine was a clear influence on Burroughs!)

In his writing, he is both satyrical and serious. He is serious and playful. He is emotional and logical. He breaks down these dead-empty categories and makes his narrative tie together everything at once.

So you were right, and also, you were not telling the whole story, when you said I was sardonic in that reply.

October 21, 2007, 06:44:46 PM
Most of the smarter people on the site usually make sarcastic comments or stupid comments. It's funny when people agree. Usually most people don't get that it's sarcastic. It's kind of hard to spot sarcasm in writing, especially when most people that go to online forums are retarded. I can spot sarcasm basically by knowing that the people making the posts are smart. Like if an admin says something incredibly stupid, you know they're not serious.

Where are the admins? Are they on vacation or do they just don't care anymore? This site is important and threads like this make it look bad. I know a while back this thread would've been deleted the day it was made or the day after. So what's happening?

October 21, 2007, 07:05:21 PM
Where are the admins? Are they on vacation or do they just don't care anymore? This site is important and threads like this make it look bad. I know a while back this thread would've been deleted the day it was made or the day after. So what's happening?

Chasm is the open forum experiment.  The other forums continue to be regulated with the same stringency, but they've been the subject of less activity these days seemingly as the result of people picking up on the idea that they can get away with prattling on about "normal" things here instead without being officially discouraged.

We agree about the importance of the forum and continue to encourage people to post critically.

October 23, 2007, 09:57:27 PM
my hair is down just to my shoulder blades as of now. before the 3+ years of time it took to grow it, i had spent the first 16 years of my life with a shaved head, very very short. i started growing it for a change, to see how long it would go.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 24, 2007, 12:39:20 AM
I really don't care about my hair.
I use to have it short but at the age of thirteen(now seventeen), i stopped caring about how i looked in other peoples views because it is irrelevant to me.
Sure, i have to comb it everday to keep knots out but i think its worth saving a bit of money and time doing stupid things with my hair.
I just stopped getting my hair cut because there is no proper reason for me to get it cut.

October 24, 2007, 01:53:32 AM
Appearance < Structure

K

October 24, 2007, 11:47:26 AM
Appearance < Structure

agreed.

your comment makes me think of general Montgomery's inflatable army in N. Africa. (appearance, but no structure). I'm supprised that people took offence to;

It is so straight forward, how did people miss your point?