Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hair

Re: Hair
October 24, 2007, 05:59:32 PM
You guys brush your hair? I haven't brushed my hair in years. I rarely even wash it.

October 24, 2007, 06:18:39 PM
I brush my hair every now and then, but it usually hurts really bad.

I have super thick hair, I inherited that from my dad.

I start with a thick toothed comb, then I use a brush with nylon bristles. I take pride in my hair, I at least wash it every day.

While we're on the subject, what do you guys think about dreadlocks? I've been thinking about it for a while, it's easier to take care of. I think they look cool on some people, especially black people, but it's a little bit trickier on white folk like myself.

October 24, 2007, 07:33:45 PM
You guys brush your hair? I haven't brushed my hair in years. I rarely even wash it.

Hows the nits?

October 24, 2007, 07:35:22 PM
Dreadlocks can look good on some people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkZoRX78sQ

October 24, 2007, 07:51:22 PM
whoa. sorry i asked.

October 25, 2007, 11:49:33 PM
Paying attention to the superficial is very mainstream.

October 26, 2007, 05:41:15 AM
While we're on the subject, what do you guys think about dreadlocks? I've been thinking about it for a while, it's easier to take care of. I think they look cool on some people, especially black people, but it's a little bit trickier on white folk like myself.

As you're saying, it might look cool on black people, but if you're white it'll look hippie-ish and lame.
http://www.nauseant.tk - So putrid you can taste the crunch!

October 26, 2007, 05:48:00 AM
 Long hair is superficial and is a fad among the metal community. People who think "Oh, I'm listening to Black Sabbath and since I like metal I should grow long hair" aren't really getting the point. If you believe long hair looks better on you, then go ahead. But for aids-loving christ, don't grow it out for any other purpose. You're not proving anything and you might stand out as a tool to other people.

October 26, 2007, 12:34:42 PM
Dreadlocks can look good on some people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkZoRX78sQ

Who the fuck is this?
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

October 27, 2007, 01:25:35 PM
Long hair is superficial and is a fad among the metal community.

I think it's pretty cool looking, but it's easy for liars and parasites to do as well. Having long hair is nice, if you're not a parasite. Having short hair is also fine if you're not a parasite. In short, parasites with or without hair need to die. KTHXBYE

Late

October 27, 2007, 05:47:38 PM
Longtime lurker here.

Wtf is hair, just wear it anyway you like?

October 30, 2007, 09:56:44 PM
Long hair is superficial and is a fad among the metal community. People who think "Oh, I'm listening to Black Sabbath and since I like metal I should grow long hair" aren't really getting the point. If you believe long hair looks better on you, then go ahead. But for aids-loving christ, don't grow it out for any other purpose. You're not proving anything and you might stand out as a tool to other people.

i grew my hair because i
A) had it short for 10+ years and wanted a change
B) wished to see if i looked good with it

ive heard mostly opinions from others that i look better with the long hair. ill probably keep it that way until i get tired of it.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 05, 2007, 07:11:43 AM
We've overlooked a potentially useful discussion in this thread.

There are two practical, and therefore, the only significant reasons for having long hair: Insulation, and aesthetic (not necessarily fashionable) purposes.

1) Insulation
Advantage:
Though this is probably not so necessary because people in industrialized society have access to a heat source of some sort, long hair becomes a great insulator during the colder months.
Disadvantage:
Because your long hair is with you the whole time, you can't do much more than tie it back if the temperature gets hotter.

2)Aesthetic
'Fashion' is not to be confused with aesthetic. The aesthetic purposes of long hair can be pivotal in social context. I've noticed on many occasions that my hair will either drive people away or draw them to me.

Advantage:
Short hair is monotonous and boring in present society. Being even insignificantly different can make a significant difference.
People, most notably females, are curious about my long hair in a place full of short haired men. I can also readily meet new people who aren't pandering around aimlessly like the rest of the lamers in the rat race. These same people aren't averted to the 'extreme' ideologies I uphold. The harmless idiots you can find in public usually believe I am a musician or in some kind of a band.

Disadvantage:
It can bring more attention to you, but it may be unwanted.
Because people are quick to draw conclusions based on appearance, and many people draw conclusions based on stereotypes, you are likely to be treated as a pot-smoking liberal stoner faggot. The police aren't fond of you either. Workplaces are also less apt to hire you, unless you can convince them you will tie your hair back. (Typically, only cashier and foodservice jobs are avoidant of longhaired males. Why would a hessian want to be a cashier or fry cook?)

I do have long hair, and it's about 4 or 5 inches past my shoulders. I've been growing it for the past 3 years, and I've recognized those advantages and disadvantages, and I can say I've liked it. I'm the only person I know who has long hair. I'm also the only person I know who enjoys death metal and classical literature.

As far as altered hair color, my hair is naturally dark brown, but it is lighter at the ends, possibly from sun exposure. It's nature's proof that you go outside away from the shelter of your home.

tl;dr --- If you think long hair will work for you, get some. If not, then don't. Either way will require some degree of maintenance.

November 05, 2007, 09:49:00 AM
Another lurker here.

To be honest I think this thread is degrading to not only this site but to yourselves, especially considering the usually high quality of the material posted on the site and forum. If you ask me you sound like the exact society you are trying to defy.

November 06, 2007, 07:19:04 PM
I'm currently wondering whether I should cut the sleeves off my Hellhammer 'Satanic Rites' shirt. Will this go well with blue or black jeans? Would a back pack be a cool accessory or be seen as non-metal? Should I wear old school white, high top trainers or nu rock boots? Is a nail arm band considered de rigeur at metal gigs or will I simply be shown up to be the conformist shit I undoubtedly am? Hmmm.