Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hair

Hair
October 14, 2007, 10:36:06 AM
Having had my hair "normal" for a couple of years now after having it hessian-ish, I want to once again do something with it, and also let it grow out.

I'm thinking about dying it dark green/brown to co-ordinate with my eyes. I hope for it not to look instantly fake.

If I'm honest, one of the reasons for dying it is just to look a little different.

Anyone else into this untermensch shit?

Re: Hair
October 14, 2007, 11:18:27 AM
If I'm honest, one of the reasons for dying it is just to look a little different.

Dying will certainly do that  ;D

October 14, 2007, 11:35:05 AM
I hope for it not to look instantly fake.

It's really hard for died hair to not look fake.

An Opeth shirt would do the job better !

October 14, 2007, 02:58:09 PM
I've had long hair for about 3 years now...and I plan to finally chop it off, one because I'm tired of it, two because I want to get a job that gets me power (and use that power wisely). Unfortunately, powerful jobs don't generally come to those who appear to have broken the norms. If I cut it off, can I still be a metal head?

October 14, 2007, 03:19:57 PM
If I cut it off, can I still be a metal head?

Yes, but headbanging will never be the same. In fact, you should probably refrain from ever doing it again.

October 14, 2007, 03:22:25 PM
Hair dye is for women.

Hairstyles are for victims of fashion/trends; either grow it long or shave it all off.

This reminds me of the other night when I saw a man with a blue mohawk wearing an Immortal t-shirt and walking into an higher-end restaurant.

October 14, 2007, 03:31:17 PM
Shave it ALL off?

I have a very aristocratic side parting atm. I wouldn't look good with a skinhead.

I'm pretty sure there must have been warrior tribes of ancient Europe that used to dye or colour their hair in battle. Now THOSE would be real men.

Dunkelheit

October 14, 2007, 03:43:29 PM
Shave it ALL off?

I have a very aristocratic side parting atm. I wouldn't look good with a skinhead.

I'm pretty sure there must have been warrior tribes of ancient Europe that used to dye or colour their hair in battle. Now THOSE would be real men.

The Celts along with some Germanic tribes bleached their hair a bit. I know the Celts used lime. It was an effort to make their already blond hair even lighter and in turn was intimidating to the Romans and other groups.

As for my hair, I've always kept it rather short (usually crew cut). Mainly because I have a double cowlick which makes the hair stick up unless it is rather short or really long. I haven't cut it for over a year now though and it rests upon my shoulders. I think I'll keep growing it until I need to cut it off for some reason or I just get sick of it. There is a bit of nostalgia to it, as I am aware the ancient warriors and priests of my peoples wore their hair long (though I cannot grow the beard.) It also makes my blond hair more evident. At the end of the day though, I've just grown accustomed to it and I like the way I look with long hair.

October 14, 2007, 04:09:23 PM
Hessians come in two modalities:  long haired or shaved.

I shaved it, it saves water on the shower.  :)

October 14, 2007, 04:16:06 PM
Hessians come in two modalities:  long haired or shaved.

I shaved it, it saves water on the shower.  :)

I know a few people who shaved their heads only to discover that their heads were not totally symmetrical, or they had odd bumps (untermensch!). And some people just look better with short hair as opposed to bald or long hair. I am slowly beginning to go bald though (I guess in about 3 years I would look ridiculous with long hair) so I might as well await the inevitable.

October 14, 2007, 05:11:16 PM
I've been growing my hair out for the past five years, and it's down to my stomach.  I probably will have to cut it in a few years, even though I genuinely enjoy headbanging (especially 'the whip'). But, like Vorago says, it'll make significant cuts in showering time.

In regards to the original poster: Yes, ancient pagans used to dye their hair and do other cool things with it, but dying your hair in modern society is fucking lame.  The only thing I can think when I see a person with dyed hair is "Wow, that jackass actually thinks he or she is doing something creative.  I hope they have fun wasting their lives listening to Green Day until they turn 30."  I'm not saying that you listen to Green Day, but I am saying that even though dying your hair seems like a cool idea, it's pointless.  Be happy with your natural locks, and show the world that you're different by demonstrating your superior intellect :)

Oh yeah: I completely agree with the idea that the only haircuts you need are grown out hair or a shaved-ish head. Hairstyling is pointless

October 14, 2007, 05:21:49 PM
The only thing that irks me about modern trends of hair dyeing is that the people who do it, despite looking different, are all the same underneath. If a person actually distinguishes and marks down his profound difference from society by taking on a different appearance, I think this is fine.

After all, what is the difference between growing out your hair and applying dye to it?

Dunkelheit

October 14, 2007, 05:55:14 PM
After all, what is the difference between growing out your hair and applying dye to it?

Growing out your hair doesn't have to be a conscious decision. Your hair grows, naturally, it's a fact of life. Dying your hair is purposely altering it. The latter tends to make people look cheapened and ashamed.

chrstphrbnntt

October 14, 2007, 06:30:23 PM
Don't dye it. If you have good hair, it'll look good long. I have thick, rich, dark brown hair, which would probably look stupid if it was longer than shoulder length, so I just keep it long, but above the shoulders. It depends on the person.

Personally, I think that something like the David Ferrer hairstyle is good looking and easy to maintain. Maybe try that?

K

October 14, 2007, 09:26:32 PM
Mainly because I have a double cowlick which makes the hair stick up unless it is rather short or really long.

I have the same problem, only I keep mine long.

how about facial hair? I've been growing out my beard for about 9 or 10 months, about 4 inches long.