Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hair

Re: Hair
November 06, 2007, 07:24:58 PM
Several people making negative criticism without any attempt to contribute to a positive change => FAIL, probably hipsters

If you don't like something, either ignore it or make it better.

November 06, 2007, 09:26:19 PM
Remarkable that this post has (now) 65 replies in it, while more constructive issues go ignored.

What does this demonstrate?

November 06, 2007, 09:30:00 PM

November 07, 2007, 09:13:28 AM
I AM KING OF CHASM

November 07, 2007, 01:08:13 PM
Hair is one of those things that's cool because it's metal. We don't need to set ourselves apart as a group visually, but it helps promote our group. Hair can be good, but it tells us nothing other than that someone had six months to grow their hair long. It used to mean you wouldn't work in an office.

November 07, 2007, 03:40:37 PM
Several people making negative criticism without any attempt to contribute to a positive change => FAIL, probably hipsters

If you don't like something, either ignore it or make it better.

Ok. Here's the positive critique:

If Metal is supposed to communicate a notion of heroism and strength to it's listeners, why the worrying about hair length? I see not it's relevance on this forum. It would seem better suited to moronic forums that cater to a more retarded crowd. Or am I making assumptions that are entirely incorrect?

Btw, if I were a "hipster" would it not be entirely fucking correct to presume it would be I that were worrying about fitting in with stereotypes of Metal (and wondering if it's a good thing to grow/ cut my hair) in order to prove authenticity? Satire rarely works on the net.

November 07, 2007, 05:38:10 PM
Ok. Here's the positive critique:

If Metal is supposed to communicate a notion of heroism and strength to it's listeners, why the worrying about hair length? I see not it's relevance on this forum. It would seem better suited to moronic forums that cater to a more retarded crowd. Or am I making assumptions that are entirely incorrect?

Didn't we already have this particular piece of critique covered by another poster? Several times? By your satire?

I think adding 'negative' to my post might have been too confusing to the meaning of the message: any sort of criticism falls short on contribution IF the critics themselves don't also take act on better change.

Several persons repeating the same critique is beating a dead horse.

November 07, 2007, 07:29:24 PM
Didn't we already have this particular piece of critique covered by another poster? Several times? By your satire?

I think adding 'negative' to my post might have been too confusing to the meaning of the message: any sort of criticism falls short on contribution IF the critics themselves don't also take act on better change.

Several persons repeating the same critique is beating a dead horse.

Sorry. Carry on chatting about hair but please take on board the fact that this thread is scraping the conversational barrel, so to speak. If that isn't considered valid and comprehensible then I think I should move on. Hail Metal, etc.

November 07, 2007, 08:52:40 PM
There's a lot of disadvantage in having long hair. For example, fleas and other vermin could infest it. Another is that you'd look like a faggot fairy in it, that is the case at least for some people.
Long hair would probably look good on you if you had a body builder physique but if you're a skinny motherfucker with a potbelly, forget it.
And lastly, if you're slugging it out with someone, your    long hair is probably your achilles heel as it could easily be tugged and pulled by your opponent so he could beat the fucking shit out of you

November 07, 2007, 10:45:30 PM
Long hair is not a problem if you have trained in boxing or karate striking. With sufficient competence, a random street crud won't be able to close in for grappling without taking enough damage to require stitches and bandages due to profuse bleeding. It doesn't hurt to also know how to break holds and tumble.

November 08, 2007, 01:29:58 AM
Well, Dave Mustaine once studied karate under a guy named Benny Urquidez, so maybe long-haired people can extricate themselves in fisticuffs if the need arise. I also saw this long-haired dude in a UFC video, he had long hair and a ton of tatoos but he was one hell of a brawler and slugger.

November 21, 2007, 01:53:14 PM
I've read an interesting but uncited claim in the Internet that male pattern baldness used to be fairly rare in pre-industrial Japan, but the prevalence exploded after Japan reached its modern welfare after WWII.

Eating too much fructose and glucose can turn off the gene that regulates the levels of active testosterone and estrogen in the body, shows a new study in mice and human cell cultures that's published this month in the Journal of Clinical Investigation. This discovery reinforces public health advice to eat complex carbohydrates and avoid sugar.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071109171610.htm

Q.E.D.