Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How do you deal with "normals"?

How do you deal with "normals"?
October 15, 2007, 07:53:21 PM
On this forum, some people call you stupid retard for less than dissagre wheter an album is trascendental or not.

But, on real life, what's your degree of tolerance (or intolerance)? Towards people close to you whom you inevitably have to deal with, that likes MTV, reality shows, fast food, etc.

Do you tell them always the truths, and how?

Re: How do you deal with "normals"?
October 15, 2007, 08:27:24 PM
The ones I deem have no hope I just use humour with and largely ignore. I seek out the best, and try to change them. In classes, I put across my points of view and try to explain them with logic they can appreciate. No point attacking things like the TV they watch; just work on the main things first.

chrstphrbnntt

October 15, 2007, 09:12:49 PM
Humor. This has the side effect of attracting like-minded people to me, so it's win-win.

AttheGates1996

October 15, 2007, 09:43:10 PM
I can’t tell you how many fucking stupid people I’ve had to deal with and seriously… the only way I can keep myself from wanting to commit suicide because of society is to ignore. I hate to be discriminate but for the most part Christians are the people I have problems with. It’s like there damn religion intertwines with their personality and then they don’t appreciate good music, good humor, laughing at themselves every now and then, once again humor, and good judgment.

This is incredibly ironic… my girlfriend whom I’ve been with for two years is Christian. So like I said before, I try not to discriminate. But the fact that we’ve dealt with each other for 2 years is proof that my ignoring tactic must work. I think throughout the two years we’ve had maybe 3 or 4 confrontations between Christianity and Atheism. Her first statement is “I just don’t believe in the big bang.” So narrow-minded and gay like but I then professionally debate with her on how the big bang theory has been so vastly proven in the scientific field that she, nor I, who attempts to study it, can begin to understand how it is true, and yet she thinks she knows something that Albert Einstein couldn’t figure out.

I’ve also given my theory on why Jesus isn’t the son of God but a bastard who thought he was special:

My Theory
     Long ago there was a man named Jesus. He was most likely born in Jerusalem although that is not certain. His parents were Joseph and Mary. His birth was nothing out of the ordinary, though it is believed that he was born in a stable due to there being no shelters available around the area. Here’s where the story was never fully understood when being passed down through generations of people. The bible states that he was to be the son of God, kings came and gave him gifts and that Jesus’ birth was a miracle. It seems that his parents Joseph and Mary believed that their son was the son of God. It sounds typical for a couple to think so highly of their own offspring. So whether the belief that Jesus was the son of God was brought upon him by his parents or by his own megalomania remains a mystery. Jesus would later grow up to bear a kid with the woman Mary Magdalene, a particular whore who was beautiful and liked by many men of the area, and their son’s name was Judah. The reason why this was never mentioned and never recorded in the bible is because they kept it a secret. Jesus feared that his later defiant acts and declaring of being the son of God would leave his wife and his son targets of arrest and punishment in society. This was actually a smart move by Jesus, for it was not discovered until 1980 when the tomb of Jesus was revealed and that Mary Magdalene’s DNA did not match that of Jesus’ meaning they were not blood related like all others in a family tomb except those married but Judah’s did match Mary Magdalene’s and Jesus’. Other than this, nothing else is really known of Jesus’ childhood, and that’s not surprising because it wasn’t until he was older that people began to follow him and his belief that he was the son of God sent to die for us. Eventually he controlled a select few, called his disciples. Notice that Jesus only controlled a few people and that he obviously did not have the leadership qualities it required to control massive amounts of people. This reminds me of, in a way, Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. They were all able to get people to follow their beliefs and in Joseph Stalin’s case he convinced people that he was God himself. But the key difference in Jesus’ case between Stalin’s and Hitler’s case is that he did not use violence and torture to persuade people to follow him. However, Jesus did later become the most worshipped idol in the world. This is easily explainable. You see, a few disciples are all Jesus needed. Word quickly spread that he was the son of God thanks to his disciples and him, but the nation in which he lived believed that there was only one king and one ruler. That king was Caesar, and at that time it was against the law to declare yourself or anyone besides Caesar to be a ruler or a God. It is of no surprise that Jesus was eventually tortured and killed brutally for his defiance to the law of the land in which he lived. It was when Jesus was on the cross that he said something along the lines of “Woman, bear my son in your hands and protect him.” This further proves that he had a son, and that he was most likely talking to Mary Magdalene who was at the scene of his crucifying. It is still of wonder at this point of the story as to how he became the most worshipped idol in the world today. When he was put to death and placed into a cave, his few disciples stole his body from the cave and buried him in the family tomb which is also where Mary, his mother, Joseph, his father, and his wife and son were later buried. It was then realized by the people who put him to death that he was no longer in the cave they placed him in and suddenly people began to believe what Jesus had claimed to be before his death. He claimed that he was the Son of God and that he would die for their sins and later rise to the heavens. The people were so dumbfounded by the mere coincidence that they failed to seek rational explanation, such as his body being stolen. And this began the writing of the New Testament and the beginning of the Christian belief among large amounts of people. But you see, Jesus should not be praised, instead he should be hated, for he has filled this earth with lies. He was a megalomaniac and was nothing short of a controlling, deceitful leader. Today, so many people follow the belief of Jesus being the son of God and therefore allows Jesus to, even after death, control the way people live life. People don’t realize it because they are now taught at a young age that Christianity is true. Likely because Jesus’ disciples and family began passing it down orally to their offspring and this also explains why the real story was never understood correctly. Today those who practice the belief influence others to believe by using psychological approaches such as telling them that if they do not follow the word of the Bible that they will be cast into hell and tortured for eternity and therefore using fear against everyone, but no one thinks of the possibility of this being true. What kind of belief does nothing but fill people with fear? Christianity does; the belief from the sick, cruel, and twisted leader Jesus. Jesus was obviously a persuasive man and the most practiced religion today proves it. But he had to pass his belief down in such a cruel manner that if there was a hell, he would surely be there now. He was a hypocrite and of all else, a normal human being that simply thought he was something more.
     -Daniel Atha

And my girlfriend’s response… “I don’t want to talk about it.” Why do I love her then? Because she is slowly becoming someone who lives for herself and anyone who is heading in that direction is someone who should be appreciated… that and for some strange damn reason I have a thing for chicks who are complete fucking opposite of me, for the most part that is.  

chrstphrbnntt

October 15, 2007, 10:01:51 PM
Caesar died 44 years before the alleged birth of Jesus. You're thinking of Herod the Great, most likely.

AttheGates1996

October 15, 2007, 10:04:08 PM
Herod is right, sorry I don't know where the hell I got Caesar from.

October 15, 2007, 11:44:36 PM
I find the complete atheists stubborn. Science is not all there is. It is an interpretation. The bible is an interpretation. Philosophical theories are interpretations. As for my personal interpretations of things. They always change. If one day I reach a certain equilibrium, I will be in communion with God, for God is equilibrium.

How do I deal with cowards? I live a sarcastic existence. I have one true friend, a close family and that is it. So, rare are the times when I feel authentic. Or maybe I truly am a sarcastic self? I tasted genuineness once, I kissed a girl. I felt like love was the only possible meaning in life. But love is rare and this love of mine is gone.

AttheGates1996

October 15, 2007, 11:58:14 PM
To consider me stubborn for being a complete atheist is a misinterpretation itself. I study all kinds of religion and I analyze their existence in humans. I take religion classes in college because I am open-minded.

You say God is equilibrium but then you have to ask yourself what is equilibrium and eventually you will find a chain of questions that stray so far from the original purpose, and that is finding out what is God.

October 16, 2007, 12:13:32 AM
I think so too. I just happened to define equilibrium as this thing I will never reach, somekind of God for me. I cannot understand how we can think alike, in some points, and the fact that you are still with this girl.

October 16, 2007, 12:48:40 AM
I tasted genuineness once, I kissed a girl. I felt like love was the only possible meaning in life. But love is rare and this love of mine is gone.

Maybe there are others.

How can life be anything but a means to an end, and that end is experience, or beauty?

Love is a subset of beauty. So is war. C'est le sodomie.

AttheGates1996

October 16, 2007, 12:55:32 AM
Perhaps I am still with this girl because I can hardly blame her for her narrow-minded views. After all, she was raised a Christian and it takes something extraordinary to break someone from the habit of religion, something such as, in my case, metal. Metal is what influenced me to begin to study other religions and other possibilities besides Christianity. My mind began to branch out and understand all kinds of things simply from the influence of another existing genre of music that I found enlightening.

My girlfriend and a lot of other people, referred to as “normals” in this thread, I think ultimately lack self-freedom because of people’s addiction to religion and the way they pass it down to their offspring.

Like I said previously, I’ve attempted to open the mind of the girl I’m with and slowly I see something in her progressing and unlike most “normals” she’s is beginning to see more and more that religion isn’t the key to happiness.

This topic has strayed quite far from the original intent of this thread. I would have to say ignoring is the best way to deal with “normals.”

October 16, 2007, 01:08:04 AM

Maybe there are others.

How can life be anything but a means to an end, and that end is experience, or beauty?

Love is a subset of beauty. So is war. C'est le sodomie.

We say ''C'est la sodomie'' or ''C'est de la sodomie''

As far as normal people go, just try to tell them a truth they can comprehend. Sure right now everyone here is an Anusian, but did we all started like that ? No. Did we all came up with all those great answers by ourselves ? No. Did we read all the site in one day and became illuminated ? No.

As far as I go, I slowly became what I am right now by music, and probably everyone have his way of ''entering'' this sodomy-fest. If you encounter normal people, or have friend that are, try to find what they are, and show them the way.

As far as stupid people goes, just don't bother, a big waste of time (unless you can make humour).

October 16, 2007, 04:41:07 AM
I avoid talking to people in general, but when I do, I'm always surprised by how in fact people aren't as hopeless as I had thought, if I talk to them in private. The most annoying thing about human beings is this perpetual need to impress their congeners even when there's absolutely no female in sight or nothing to win.

We say ''C'est la sodomie''

Yes, as strange as it may seem, sodomie is a feminine word, not a masculine one.

J'aime la sodomie. J'ai le SIDA. C'est sûrement le chanteur de Metallica qui m'a contaminé. Tu es déjà allé à la Gay Pride ?

October 16, 2007, 01:38:53 PM
Friendship of the 'normals' is something I value although I abhor some of their ways. I understand that metal and its philosophy is not everything. But its still painful to  not have a single 'hessian' friend in the entire college.
Some people have shown remote interest in my taste of music but it was limited to one or two songs. So I don't have much hope and I keep my 'hessian' thoughts to myself.

K

October 16, 2007, 01:46:41 PM
What annoys me a lot is how when one declares his/her atheism- it is assumed that you automatically substitute your belief in Christ for belief in evolution, big bang, etc. The thing is, they are theories, not substitute for beliefs. I have yet to find a christian who knows what the theory really is.
the mistake;
  there was nothing  ->BANG -> the universe

The actual theory
 Universe contracts ->enormous pressure causes explosion -> universe expands -> Universe contracts etc. etc.

The mistake version I think originates from the chirstian-science people, who make theories and scripture compatible by changing both.

How do I deal with normals? I am the normal one, everyone else around me are fucked up empty people.