Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

How do you deal with "normals"?

Re: How do you deal with "normals"?
October 18, 2007, 08:58:56 PM
I don't.

Well, that would be a lie. Of course I do; I have to, I'm in college. But then many of these people, some professors, others students, are not what I'd consider normals anyways. At the very least they are not your traditional people. I have a pretty decent relationship with a professor in the Latin American History Department here, though I haven't been able to keep up with it this semester. I find it very hard to relate to many Americans since the ones I encounter are almost always superficial to the utmost degree. My best friends are all back in El Salvador (I don't usually associate with Salvadorans in the U.S.), and I have never really found anyone who I could develop a meaningful relationship with - converse about intellectual topics, reflect over meaningful experiences, talk about world issues, share music with, explore the world and nature - except with a very few people, again, who are not what I'd call traditional people nor normals.

Your situation is exactly the same as mine.

October 18, 2007, 09:05:27 PM
When I think of it, the more a person is close to me, the more sarcastic and cynical or satirically funny they are. Normally they listen to either intellectually evolved music, metal or both. I have come to a degree where nothing is not a matter of cynicism or comedy.

October 18, 2007, 09:09:34 PM
I have noticed that almost everyone here in the forum, don't insult deliverately "normal" or "common" people on real life.

Thus, if someone here calls you idiot, we have two choices:

- That person is a repressed kid that can't express in real life.

- That person appreciate your intelligence.

October 19, 2007, 03:04:41 AM
explain

October 19, 2007, 03:42:38 AM
What's with all of the 'us vs them' trash and other sorts of binary thinking that is a heavy emphasis on this forum at the moment?

Not that I've been actively posting here long enough to notice that change on the forum, but this "Hessians/Metalheads/smart people" != "everyone else/normals" mindset is something I hoped wouldn't be so common here -- really, can't you leave that to any other genre-specific message board? I mean, sure, most people are stupid but there's a spectrum of different personalities out there ranging from "smart/metalhead/classical music listener" to "empty moron" and even more.

October 19, 2007, 03:48:15 AM
I have noticed that almost everyone here in the forum, don't insult deliverately "normal" or "common" people on real life.

Thus, if someone here calls you idiot, we have two choices:

- That person is a repressed kid that can't express in real life.

- That person appreciate your intelligence.

Judging from your post, you are anything but 'normal'.

Like Apocalyptic Raves said, please explain.

October 19, 2007, 10:43:38 AM

Judging from your post, you are anything but 'normal'.

Like Apocalyptic Raves said, please explain.

Basic: most people here, according what you can read,  find pointless to scold common people, because anyhow they will never understand their own idiocy.

I can assume then, these options: you're frustated would like to yell idiot on everyone but you don't have the balls, or you point stupidity on those you think are able to notice it.

October 19, 2007, 01:57:25 PM
Maybe you didn't know, but telling everyone their flaws and idiocy would take a shitload of time. I'm just saying this, it's an hypothesis, but probably you wouldn't be able before your death... just an hypothesis.

October 20, 2007, 11:37:40 AM
I think most metalheads are normal, but we've discovered an ideology through art.

"Normals" are those who still drink the kool-aid, usually through fear, and they're just like us except they haven't taken the plunge into learning.

Some are weaker, or dumber - no one is equal - but that's the basic difference. I find myself separated from people I call normals, but then I run into normals calling other people normals so they can feel like bigger dicks in the big dick ocean. Faggots.

October 20, 2007, 11:23:22 PM
But, on real life, what's your degree of tolerance (or intolerance)?

October 29, 2007, 10:57:19 PM

But, on real life, what's your degree of tolerance (or intolerance)?

Arguing whether music as such unless clearly driven towards a transcendental end is useless.  Another fact is that there are those of us with similar mindsets and goals that have different tastes in substance even if the end result is the same.  Debating can turn into a petty form of arguing.

As for your question on tolerance...

Restore the caste system.

October 30, 2007, 12:10:21 AM
Restore the caste system? Are you just being sarcistic or do you mean that? If it's the latter, you're a moron.

October 30, 2007, 12:57:59 AM
It's like Mensa around here sometimes: people are trying too hard to keep up the pretense or defense of being intelligent.

Give it a break, get over yourselves, argue the points like men and if you "lose" oh fucking well we move on and it doesn't mean a thing.

I know I'm guilty of it too, and I know when I've got David Ravel mad at me I'm fucking up, but I think I take myself less seriously than most because I've been through this mess before.

You are what you are. And that's the essence and supreme intelligence of a caste system.

[size=10]Cannibal Corpse are Sudras[/size]

October 30, 2007, 02:15:23 PM
It's like Mensa around here sometimes: people are trying too hard to keep up the pretense or defense of being intelligent.

You are what you are. And that's the essence and supreme intelligence of a caste system.

:-D  Wise words!

October 30, 2007, 04:09:49 PM

Give it a break, get over yourselves, argue the points like men and if you "lose" oh fucking well we move on and it doesn't mean a thing.

I know I'm guilty of it too, and I know when I've got David Ravel mad at me I'm fucking up, but I think I take myself less seriously than most because I've been through this mess before.

Of course there are different qualities of people.

That doesn't stop an inorganic and bureaucratically implemented caste system from being an absolute FAILURE.

Building pyramids worked for the Egyptians, and they were pretty good! Lets see if we can adopt one of their archaic remnants of society into our "progressive" own! SAVE THE EARTH, ERECT A PYRAMID.