Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

How do you deal with "normals"?

AttheGates1996

Re: How do you deal with "normals"?
October 16, 2007, 03:17:12 PM
My belief in evolution and the big bang theory did not come along with my atheism. I first began to question Christianity, unlike most Christians, and later I began to study the theories of the universe because it interests me.  Youíre right along the fact that people do not understand what the theory is, and thatís why I stated earlier that Christians get on my nerves; because they claim to not believe in what they know nothing of.

However, along with discussing the big bang, I do not believe that the universe contracted. I believe that once it was contracted but not to long ago I was watching a documentary on the big bang and it suggested that the contracted universe came from the 11th dimension, possibly a collision of membranes, or parallel universes. I know this sounds ridiculous, as if itís out of a science fiction movie but Iíve provided a link discussing the 11th dimension:
http://searchsmb.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid44_gci878923,00.html

However, I could not find one thing on the theory I heard of the collision of membranes; probably because itís incredibly new to the scientific community.

October 16, 2007, 04:41:30 PM

How do I deal with normals? I am the normal one, everyone else around me are fucked up empty people.

Good point.

I am the one who try to eat "normally", dress "normaly", as opposed to 5XL clothe, have "normal" values, etc.

Soon, wearing a simple shirt and pants, without any logo or else, enjoying intellectual music and books, eating a healthy diet will be considered "extreme".

I was sitting at the cafeteria today. I'd say 90% of the people where eating hamburgers, fries, pizza and/or poutine. The other 10% consisted of people bringing an healthy lunch or eating the "normal" food from the cafeteria such as pasta or beef and vegetables.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

AttheGates1996

October 16, 2007, 04:48:43 PM
I donít know about considering anyone on anus ďnormal.Ē I think that has more to do with a personal point of view. I think the real motivation behind this thread is to point out the narrow-minded amongst those who attempt to understand all aspects of life, such as many people on anus do.

Example: if someone listens to metal and dislikes it, thatís a completely different story than someone who claims metal isnít music simply because of yelling or screaming as the vocals, or any Christians who refuse to even listen to metal because itís ďmusic of the devil.Ē

Another example: people who immediately shut out the evolution theory because they find it insulting and degrading that they could have possibly evolved from primates. Also, people who shut out the big bang simply because at a young age they were taught that God created the universe and that any other explanation is a work of the devil to corrupt humans.

October 16, 2007, 06:36:49 PM
I don't view people who don't hold ANUS beliefs or a love of metal as "normal" because that would mean thinking myself "special," and then doing nothing to prove it. Perhaps because it's accepted at birth in my culture that not everyone is equal, and some will live a more fulfilling life than others, therefore there's no need to be condescending towards them. I get on with everyone equally, have plenty of friends who are into metal/play in metal bands (though I generally don't agree with their tastes), while I have other friends who would make good ANUSians but dislike metal simply because music does not mean much to them. That doesn't mean I would think any less of other people who don't like music, provided they don't act like retards. Because I'm yet to hear of a single metal fan that has done anything for humanity that can be considered "great" (other than write about it). As for those of you who (claim) to not interact with anyone, well I guess you guys are missing out on a lot, but it's your loss. Just don't set yourselves up for cabin fever in later life. I know one person who that happened to, and the end wasn't pretty. And not only that, his decision to set himself apart from the rest ended with him not achieving anything, and with his brains splattered on the floor. I'd rather interact with more people and use them in a way to achieve my goals (that are similar to this site).

K

October 16, 2007, 09:44:19 PM
When I said normal, I didn't mean Hessian, but people of intelligence, who don't delude themselves with distractions and pointless aspirations.  I don't shut out everyone, I discriminate between those who are sane, and those who are slaves.

One thing I did not emphasize enough is that a theory is just a theory, but people either dismiss it or take it as fact. People tend to forget that theories are not proven, and hasten to defend them like fact, and a christian will try to exploit that.

October 16, 2007, 11:54:56 PM
Talking about normality, comes to my mind also something called "common sense".

I'd like to live on a sane herd where actually common sense is sensible, I wonder if sarcasm isn't something selfish to achieve it.

October 17, 2007, 12:14:31 AM
I found a few 'normals' who are quite intelligent actually. (even though they don't listen to metal nor classical music)

I don't think normals are that different from us. Everyone is going to have different life-experiences/upbringing (And of course, different genes). All of these factors are intertwined in a very complex dance in the development of a personality, and it is very difficult to say, specifically, what makes someone 'normal'.

If I assume that a normal person is someone who is able to adapt and survive while possessing an 'average' mind and body; then, a 'normal's' thought capacity could be quite close to  the same level as any one of us (maybe even greater on many occasions?).

Then again, are they really "normals"? I don't think that listening to metal and classical music should be the sole criterion for labeling someone as 'normal'.

Plus, I don't think I would like to meet someone like one of 'us' since we have a tendency to be snobbish, depressed and elitist. On the other end of the spectrum, I dont want to meet someone who is as dim as a cow and annoyingly smiles all the time while making light of everything, either.

I think the 'normal' person can be quite sound of mind since they fall in between these two extremes (overly cynical versus overly optimistic)  and it seems that there are more 'un-normal' people than 'normal people.

Because of what I have described above, I find the whole idea of labeling people as 'normal' quite simplistic, narrow, and ridiculous since there are fewer 'normal' people than we really think.

October 17, 2007, 12:19:52 AM
Of course that Hessian doesn't mean "not normal".
Of course everyone is normal to his own parameters.
It is just a way of speech.

October 17, 2007, 01:01:58 AM
Of course that Hessian doesn't mean "not normal".
Of course everyone is normal to his own parameters.
It is just a way of speech.

It is certainly an ineffective and potentially misleading way of speech.

October 17, 2007, 06:20:16 AM
What's with all of the 'us vs them' trash and other sorts of binary thinking that is a heavy emphasis on this forum at the moment?

October 17, 2007, 01:44:20 PM
The hardest part of dealing with "normals" is that if you say something offensive, you always feel like you've lost people from your side. It pits you to feel like you're so inept. Kacsynski said that leftist psychology has made people feel low but I would argue that leftist psychology not only caused low-self esteem within people but has even created that if someone were to counter such a system, the crowd would immediately crucify him (and it wouldn't be a marty's death).
Also, is it really dealing with "normals"? Is it not normal when one is able to rationalize and feel without complications? This "normality" is simply an  over-imposed crowdism that restricts normal thoughts and feelings and causes a huge paranoia and a diseased society full of parasites and psychos.
How do I deal with normals? With humor and sarcasm if I want to be nice but keep them in their ignorance (keep them weak. We do not need any more people saying that they need to be informed and educated just to justify their state of existence, or their humanism). With coldness if they irritate me. A reputation in my case is essential, that is very introverted and laconic. But if you do find actual normal people, that is, people who are rational and aware if their conditions, by no means, pursue conversation with them. We are social creatures and it helps to communicate well with people.
Signature: Something I didn't sign up for but found inherently true.

October 17, 2007, 08:50:54 PM
i used to never talk to people because i wanted everyone to die.
but as i've grown older i can honestly say that i'll talk to anyone about anything, anywhere, any time; from satanic music to baseball and everything in between. fuck it. the worst that'll happen is i'll get called a dumb fucker, but i'm confident enough in myself to know that it doesn't matter.

this doesn't mean i am constantly pushing my viewpoints on anyone because that shit doesn't work. you just have to try and lead by example and see if anyone catches on. sometimes people pay more attention than you think...sometimes not.

if you want to avoid people then by all means do so. but don't do it out of fear, just be yourself.

JJ

October 18, 2007, 12:41:23 AM
i used to never talk to people because i wanted everyone to die.
but as i've grown older i can honestly say that i'll talk to anyone about anything, anywhere, any time; from satanic music to baseball and everything in between. fuck it. the worst that'll happen is i'll get called a dumb fucker, but i'm confident enough in myself to know that it doesn't matter.

this doesn't mean i am constantly pushing my viewpoints on anyone because that shit doesn't work. you just have to try and lead by example and see if anyone catches on. sometimes people pay more attention than you think...sometimes not.

if you want to avoid people then by all means do so. but don't do it out of fear, just be yourself.

I share your approach, but I've discovered too much interaction with "normals" leads to a dull mind and lack of motivation.

October 18, 2007, 01:49:03 AM

I share your approach, but I've discovered too much interaction with "normals" leads to a dull mind and lack of motivation.

And possibly adopting slang terms and bad grammar habits. Freal dude, it's mad whack.

October 18, 2007, 05:02:44 PM
I don't.

Well, that would be a lie. Of course I do; I have to, I'm in college. But then many of these people, some professors, others students, are not what I'd consider normals anyways. At the very least they are not your traditional people. I have a pretty decent relationship with a professor in the Latin American History Department here, though I haven't been able to keep up with it this semester. I find it very hard to relate to many Americans since the ones I encounter are almost always superficial to the utmost degree. My best friends are all back in El Salvador (I don't usually associate with Salvadorans in the U.S.), and I have never really found anyone who I could develop a meaningful relationship with - converse about intellectual topics, reflect over meaningful experiences, talk about world issues, share music with, explore the world and nature - except with a very few people, again, who are not what I'd call traditional people nor normals.