Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Most Metal Rocker

Re: The Most Metal Rocker
October 17, 2007, 06:16:28 PM
No, it's a "Rock N Roll" band... if u watch the video of him on the springer show you'll see how he thinks he's the only one in the world who knows what "Rock N Roll" is... and real punk doesn't repeat chord progression.

I know GG referred to it as "rock and roll" but you'd have to be deaf to not hear the punk in it. Not being smart here, but could you give me some examples of "real punk doesn't repeat chord progression"?

October 17, 2007, 08:26:47 PM
gg may have been a waste and irrelevant musician, but sometimes as a listener and fan of music, you do have to have some fun once in a long while. i could see how one might find him fun to listen to. who knows.

chrstphrbnntt

October 17, 2007, 08:57:14 PM
gg may have been a waste and irrelevant musician, but sometimes as a listener and fan of music, you do have to have some fun once in a long while. i could see how one might find him fun to listen to. who knows.

Yes; while not healthy in the long run, sometimes you just need a little "chocolate." However, GG Allin isn't chocolate. He tastes like shit.

AttheGates1996

October 17, 2007, 10:41:01 PM
Ok yea, his music pretty much is punk. I just hate the fucker, still soudns bad either way in my opinion. Punk that doesn't ware out power chord progressions: Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

chrstphrbnntt

October 17, 2007, 11:17:52 PM
Ok yea, his music pretty much is punk. I just hate the fucker, still soudns bad either way in my opinion. Punk that doesn't ware out power chord progressions: Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

Cryptic Slaughter, Corrosion of Conformity and NoMeansNo are great, too. Minor Threat, Black Flag and Bad Brains are also worth checking out, although I don't find them to be quite as good.

October 19, 2007, 10:48:24 PM

Cryptic Slaughter, Corrosion of Conformity and NoMeansNo are great, too. Minor Threat, Black Flag and Bad Brains are also worth checking out, although I don't find them to be quite as good.

some of black flag is very very good, while some of it is boring. some of the rollins years are quite a drag, but earlier work is an absolute.

C.O.C. today should be ashamed of themselves for continuous use of a band name that no longer has any connection to its roots. then again, many bands have done such.