Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Anus Reality

Anus Reality
October 21, 2007, 12:40:37 AM
What is anus reality? Anus promises hope for us by striving for idealism, founded on first acceptance of "reality" and deriving values from it. Is this reality found in "religious" texts? Anus doesn't think so and I agree. How about scientific inquiry? That seems like it could be helpful. We may discard old conclusions if need be to find what best explains phenomena around us. Anus certainly seems in tune with some present day scientific findings (i.e. evolution). The question is why would anus be on the extreme fringes of scientific thought when it comes to race and breeding. I don't have evidence for this on hand as I stopped reading articles here many months ago. It's just obvious. To make a comparison, it reminds me of how the young earth creationist family I grew up in denies evolution and denies that earth is older than 7,000 years old, but otherwise they don't seem conflicted with science and in fact benefit greatly from science in their everyday lives.

Anus has gotten me no closer to embracing reality and finding my place within it than the misguided Christians I grew up with. Smart critical thinkers can see through propoganda.

To be honest anus also seems out of touch with technology. Ever hear of gene splicing?

Re: Anus Reality
October 21, 2007, 12:47:52 AM
Anus has gotten me no closer to embracing reality and finding my place within it than the misguided Christians I grew up with. Smart critical thinkers can see through propoganda.

Please expound on where your "smart, critical thinking" has brought you instead.

October 21, 2007, 02:06:35 AM
How about scientific inquiry? That seems like it could be helpful. We may discard old conclusions if need be to find what best explains phenomena around us. Anus certainly seems in tune with some present day scientific findings (i.e. evolution). The question is why would anus be on the extreme fringes of scientific thought when it comes to race and breeding.

Are you talking about the highly politicized, neo-religious "science" of our time?

You're behaving like one of those fucking tools on Jerry Springer.

Anything can become a religion, and you just drank the kool-aid.

ANUS is what it says it is, a philosophical entity. It addresses patterns in reality, e.g. metaphysics, which are timeless. Science is in comparison fairly puny.

You might not have found meaning in it, but it seems to me you're trying to reject it so you can go about a selfish way of life, hence your half-ass logic and cry for help post.

October 21, 2007, 07:00:21 PM
Beside philosophy:
I think that ANUS will be cited as some kind of revitalizator of "metal movement" by future researchers. ANUS conceptualized and unified ideas of metal which apparently can't be done by less articulated musicians. Giving credit to obscure or forgotten acts (mostly those from Texas or from small labels, but also Demilich, Ildjarn) and promoting only the best and trully essential, they helped art to survive. Being held by purists (but also in stagnation) there is no sign of degeneration or falling into mainstream compromisses.

However there is risk that it will produce musicians too confident, strictly following ANUS. We all know that internet and it's content are creating people these days (Crimsson Massacre seems to be students of ANUS, besides, knowing that they're also from Texas...). I fear that future musicians will have "too easy", that they will take shortcut instead of figuring it all out by themselves.
On the other hand when Euronymous was still alive, norsk musicians were most focused and united in their vision...
Classical<------------------Metal----------------->Ambient

October 21, 2007, 07:12:17 PM
On the other hand when Euronymous was still alive, norsk musicians were most focused and united in their vision...

Wasn't Euronymous the ultimate hypocrite/idiot? I think it's less about musicians being more united in their vision than a bunch of teenagers who were trying to look cool, and produced something great by accident. The present productions of said teenagers makes that somewhat obvious.

As for ANUS, well they enjoy reading more into metal than the artistes themselves ever intended. A sort of metal version of the academic study of classical music. That's great.

October 22, 2007, 08:10:58 PM
I think that ANUS will be cited as some kind of revitalizator of "metal movement" by future researchers. ANUS conceptualized and unified ideas of metal which apparently can't be done by less articulated musicians.

No one else takes metal seriously. To them it's tits, beer and fast cars, and their lives go downhill as a result.

Those who take metal seriously realize it's art, and still just as enjoyable when considered as such.

October 23, 2007, 03:45:14 AM
This post amounts to "ANUS doesn't didn't plop 'the truth' on my plate, so I'm going to reject it and feel self-satisfied."

Look... I don't agree with ANUS all the time. I agree with it about half the time, but mostly on the essential things.

This website does not present a static, pre-packaged ideology. It changes, it learns, grows, so on and so forth. This is an attempt at creating something positive in an what is otherwise a void. If you disagree with the basics, go somewhere else. Otherwise, why don't you help hash things out?

In other words, either lend a hand or eat shit.

October 23, 2007, 11:44:38 AM

Wasn't Euronymous the ultimate hypocrite/idiot? I think it's less about musicians being more united in their vision than a bunch of teenagers who were trying to look cool, and produced something great by accident. The present productions of said teenagers makes that somewhat obvious.

As for ANUS, well they enjoy reading more into metal than the artistes themselves ever intended. A sort of metal version of the academic study of classical music. That's great.

very fatalistic ... accident ?
I think its unfair on the musicians to call those albums as mere accident. Sure they might have tried to look cool but they managed to create some enduring works of art. Their later works mostly shows they tried to get more technical, melodic or populist and hence lost the way. It does not necessarily imply that  they are worthless people who got this divine spark in their teenage years and then lost it.
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

October 23, 2007, 10:32:26 PM
I think its unfair on the musicians to call those albums as mere accident. Sure they might have tried to look cool but they managed to create some enduring works of art.

They may not have spelled it out in theory, but in feelings and perceptions. Probably not a thesis statement in there but maybe some evocative, lasting art!

October 23, 2007, 10:48:30 PM
I think the statement, on Beethoven's fifth symphony applies here:
".. analysis often elucidates with difficulty what we already understand with ease - which is as it should be" - Rosen, Charles - from "Sonata Form"

A great work of art can be created purely on feel and sense, however to understand it as a theoretical set of components takes an entirely different form of understanding, one that the artist in fact might not be aware/capable of.

October 24, 2007, 02:31:43 PM
Surely that's just interprating stuff from the art that simply isn't there.
In a state of permanent Abyss

October 24, 2007, 07:33:42 PM
Would you say that there can't be stuff in art that wasn't put in intentionally? Or perhaps it is put in intentionally, but without a thorough understand of what it is.

October 24, 2007, 11:32:45 PM
I think there can. A computer can make any song out of a infinite number of random possibilities without any intention at all. But the fact that it ends up being selected on an album, as opposed to the billions of other possible choices, is something that could not probably be intentional. Your second comment is definitely true, however.

October 25, 2007, 11:44:50 PM
I think there can. A computer can make any song out of a infinite number of random possibilities without any intention at all. But the fact that it ends up being selected on an album, as opposed to the billions of other possible choices, is something that could not probably be intentional. Your second comment is definitely true, however.

Songs only make sense when they communicate something. A feeling is linked to a situation, which is linked to a decision, and the best songs end up on a different decision than where they began. Has nothing to do with lyrics.

October 26, 2007, 10:00:09 PM
This post amounts to "ANUS doesn't didn't plop 'the truth' on my plate, so I'm going to reject it and feel self-satisfied."

Look... I don't agree with ANUS all the time. I agree with it about half the time, but mostly on the essential things.

This website does not present a static, pre-packaged ideology. It changes, it learns, grows, so on and so forth. This is an attempt at creating something positive in an what is otherwise a void. If you disagree with the basics, go somewhere else. Otherwise, why don't you help hash things out?

In other words, either lend a hand or eat shit.

Well said.